Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 22:45   #3661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
What about battery performance, any improvement on longevity? What is new on this release?
I can comment on the battery performance only tomorrow after a days usage,nothing alarming so far though. Regarding the new features,besides the quadrant scores I found the built in overclocking feature pretty neat(have not used it so far). Also the settings has the running apps feature,where you can go and kill unwanted apps. Not sure if it was there earlier. Got rid of the advanced task manager.
Attached Images

Old 5th June 2011, 23:22   #3662
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Okay joined the android bandwagon got myself a SGS2,just loving it a query which pc software to download kies or Samsung new pc studio??
Old 5th June 2011, 23:35   #3663
Team-BHP Support

Ok, even I got on the CM 7.1 RC0.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-snap20110605_233249.png
Old 5th June 2011, 23:36   #3664
Senior - BHPian

I am now bherry pissed. For some unknown reason, I am not able to boot into the bootmenu at all. So I guess I need to flash the froyo again. Then the whole rigmarole is required.

And the nightly I am using is RATHER unstable. Not in a crashing sort of way - but in the sort of way that battery stats are wrong, time is displayed wrong but the apps can see it right. Small idiotic things which were not a problem in the previous version but just irritate the hell out of an observant user. *sigh* its gonna be a long night
Old 6th June 2011, 00:23   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ok, even I got on the CM 7.1 RC0.

Attachment 555707
Wow you have beaten all the records (Quadrant score)
BTW: I just realized that CM7 is over-clocked to 1 Ghz by default, hence the awesome score

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I am now bherry pissed. For some unknown reason, I am not able to boot into the bootmenu at all. So I guess I need to flash the froyo again. Then the whole rigmarole is required.

And the nightly I am using is RATHER unstable. Not in a crashing sort of way - but in the sort of way that battery stats are wrong, time is displayed wrong but the apps can see it right. Small idiotic things which were not a problem in the previous version but just irritate the hell out of an observant user. *sigh* its gonna be a long night
I read about your issue on the xda forum,sorry about that. I hate re-doing the entire procedure, did it twice a couple of nights before. But its well worth the efforts, all the best.

OT: Thanks for the Adblocker tip, works perfectly. I see @samurai and khan_sultan not using it, hence the ads in their screen shots

Last edited by OHCVtec : 6th June 2011 at 00:31. Reason: grammer
Old 6th June 2011, 00:31   #3666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Wow you have beaten all the records (Quadrant score)
BTW: I just realized that CM7 is over-clocked to 1 Ghz by default, hence the awesome score

I read about your issue on the xda forum,sorry about that. I hate re-doing the entire procedure, did it twice a couple of nights before. But its well worth the efforts, all the best.

OT: Thanks for the Adblocker tip, works perfectly.
Yeah - guys with 1.2ghz mentioned a 3140 score. Quadrant scores on CM7 is like Gurgaon property prices - going up by the minute for little reason

The phone is charging - going to flash the phone anytime now - waiting for 100% battery (am a paranoid man, you see!!)

The other cool thing with the ad block, is that it prevents the beta software from knowing that it should expire. Works with some of them!!
Old 6th June 2011, 00:33   #3667
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications (Apps)

Guys,

A simple question - has anyone used any of those Gameloft or other suchlike games?

There is a severe keeda inside of me to get some games (yes, i'm talking of paying!) - but I cant figure out which ones. Without even a demo, its a random risk since phone games can sometimes be really pakau for one and engaging for the other (unlike total awesomeness such Quake III)!
Old 6th June 2011, 09:25   #3668
BHPian

Re: Whate phone for 10K?

Hi,

Wifey needs new phone! Any android phone within 10K budget (Stretch budget 11K not more!)? Wifey had a look at Galaxy Fit. Basic requirement is emails (over wifi, and 2G). 3G is preferable but not a priority. Good battery back-up, phone which can be rooted! Which has better memory would be gr8.

Thanks for your help.
Old 6th June 2011, 09:48   #3669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Okay joined the android bandwagon got myself a SGS2,just loving it a query which pc software to download kies or Samsung new pc studio??
How much did you get it from and where?
Old 6th June 2011, 10:30   #3670
Senior - BHPian

Screwed up my phone. The buggy nightly had screwed up the custom recovery - so I could not wipe cache etc. So now am stuck in bootloop - thankfully it is still charging so no need to go mcgwyer

/pray for me folks. Time to go NORDIC this time!
Old 6th June 2011, 10:38   #3671

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Hi,

Wifey needs new phone! Any android phone within 10K budget (Stretch budget 11K not more!)? Wifey had a look at Galaxy Fit. Basic requirement is emails (over wifi, and 2G). 3G is preferable but not a priority. Good battery back-up, phone which can be rooted! Which has better memory would be gr8.

Thanks for your help.
Phone with better specs under Rs 10,000 from a good brand right now is Dell XCD 35. With Screen Resolution of 800x480 and better memory, Galaxy fit is no match in specs. Another option will be LG Optimus One.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:06   #3672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How much did you get it from and where?
Got it from my dealer for 30k was quoting 31k but after lot of pestering decreased the price,and was the last piece he had .

P.S Members which software for pc Kies or pc studio??

Last edited by yogi1771 : 6th June 2011 at 11:07.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:09   #3673
Senior - BHPian

For the first Dang... thing, my alarm did not work this morning.

There was still a alarm ring from the turned off 5800 phone(my previous one) though. Asked me if I want to switch it on!
Old 6th June 2011, 11:14   #3674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
For the first Dang... thing, my alarm did not work this morning.

There was still a alarm ring from the turned off 5800 phone(my previous one) though. Asked me if I want to switch it on!
custom roms on android are prone to such issues; also many apps interfere; best is to keep the app-memory ratio at a healthy level and remove any useless app you dont need; people go overboard with apps on seeing the power of android...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
P.S Members which software for pc Kies or pc studio??
your query is not clear; software for what?

For phone usually Kies is sufficient; Kies link is here - What's new for Software & Manual SAMSUNG

I dont use it at all; all upgrades are ota and sync is on google servers, so who needs kies...

Last edited by v12 : 6th June 2011 at 12:11.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:20   #3675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanmehta View Post

Rejoice. Motorola Offical Android 2.2 Update for Defy is already out.
PDF link for update https://rsddownload.motorola.com/dow...n.ASEAN.v8.pdf
DMotorola - MOTODEFY - Mobile Phone Software Update - Motorola Singapore
Its not available for India. Singapore was available for some time now. There should be some differences in the software. Indian version was removed after some problems were seen, same for most of other countries in Asia.

@dkaile, mine is just rooted, no custom rom installed :(

Last edited by srishiva : 6th June 2011 at 11:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks