Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2011, 10:28   #1351
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Android 3.0 honeycomb is exclusively for tablets,not phones
No sir you are wrong over here, check this out Android 3.0 HoneyComb has no minimum Hardware Requirements | androidnews.co.in

That was a rumor which has been squashed by Android Tech Lead and also by Sony Ericssion.

So we can hope of running Honeycomb on our respective phones.
Old 8th January 2011, 12:37   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
No sir you are wrong over here, check this out Android 3.0 HoneyComb has no minimum Hardware Requirements | androidnews.co.in

That was a rumor which has been squashed by Android Tech Lead and also by Sony Ericssion.

That tweet was a reply to a query about whether Android 3.0 would work on samsung galaxy tab.The android 3.0 intro at CES specified that it was specifically build for tablets.why would they do that if there were plans to bring it onto smartphones?

Well, phones won't be running Honeycomb, at least, not in the way tablets will. A lot of the UI stuff will probably not translate to phones, so less powerful graphics and processing chips could still run it in a "phone-friendly" version. Tablets will need to be running fairly powerful hardware to take full advantage of the honeycomb features

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 8th January 2011 at 12:40.
Old 8th January 2011, 14:42   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post

Processor wise hardware may be same but the Screen Size and resolution makes difference Honeycomb is targeted to tablets.
Old 8th January 2011, 16:13   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Processor wise hardware may be same but the Screen Size and resolution makes difference Honeycomb is targeted to tablets.
I do agree that it is targeted for tablets but as long as we have xda developers and cyanogemod we can hope of running Honeycomb on our Androids
Old 8th January 2011, 16:35   #1355
BHPian

Just an update: Post upgrading to Froyo, I did a Factory Reset and now SGS is working fine. No lags in swype! Used an app called sms backup and restore by ritesh sahu and call log backup and restore by ritesh sahu. The apps worked brilliantly! Have loaded the contacts on the Gmail Contacts! Now no more worrying about loosing contact details!
Old 8th January 2011, 19:19   #1356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Now no more worrying about loosing contact details!
Thanks to this recent feature we don't have to worry at all!

Google's restore deleted contacts feature

You can go back in time by 10mins, 1hour, 1day, 1week or even a custom time!!

cya
R
Old 8th January 2011, 22:40   #1357
BANNED

It is a phone. nah; it is a laptop.

Motorola dual-core Android phone to pull off laptop trick? ? reghardware
Old 9th January 2011, 15:58   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Try this:

SMACK THAT............: Sygic Mobile 10 with india map

I have been using it for a while now and it works like a charm except for a few minor glitches! It's way better than Brut maps.
Tried all steps mentioned in the site, but while trying to register in MapsIndia it is throwing error that Key is invalid. also some of the message and the next and back buttons are not visible (need to assume and click). Any clues on how this can be resolved (saw posts in the thread on the same set of errors, but no solution is mentioned)..
Old 9th January 2011, 23:52   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Tried all steps mentioned in the site, but while trying to register in MapsIndia it is throwing error that Key is invalid. also some of the message and the next and back buttons are not visible (need to assume and click). Any clues on how this can be resolved (saw posts in the thread on the same set of errors, but no solution is mentioned)..
Well, I faced the same problem (visibility of buttons) initially. IIRC, I just skipped a step where you replace the language file. With regard to invalid key problem, I can't seem to remember what I did to get it working! Will give you a heads up if I can find an alternative.

EDIT: Try this http://hotfile.com/dl/67609284/cd3d0...part1.rar.html
Old 10th January 2011, 10:44   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Well, I faced the same problem (visibility of buttons) initially. IIRC, I just skipped a step where you replace the language file. With regard to invalid key problem, I can't seem to remember what I did to get it working! Will give you a heads up if I can find an alternative.

EDIT: Try this Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: MMI4.0+Sygic10.part1.rar
Thanks vjabraham, I have got it activated now. After selecting English US as the language option (was selecting English UKearlier) text and buttons started appearing. Once that was done I could get the device ID and create the key and get it activated. Yet to try whether the maps are working since GPS signal is not available in my current location.
Old 10th January 2011, 13:27   #1361
BHPian

@vjabraham

Can you kindly post the links for other parts of the file?
http://hotfile.com/dl/67609284/cd3d0...part1.rar.html This is part 1, require other parts
While I try to extract it asks for Part2.
Old 10th January 2011, 13:44   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Pl. check on the Flash 10.1 support. Basically, I have seen complaints about no flash support on this phone. If you are browsing on the fone, flash is one of the basic needs these days.
Does this still does not support Flash 10.1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post

The optimus one is better than the galaxy 3 in every aspect,if you can strech your budget a bit check out the dell XCD35,same specs but with a 480*800 screen
I am Ok with the Dell Price. But it seems that Dell still having V2.1. Else every thing is fine. Is it up datable ?
Old 10th January 2011, 14:13   #1363
BHPian

Guys, any one has any idea as to when the Samsung Nexus S will be released in India.
Please also suggest which one do you think is winner between HTC desire HD and Nexus S.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:34   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
Guys, any one has any idea as to when the Samsung Nexus S will be released in India.
Please also suggest which one do you think is winner between HTC desire HD and Nexus S.
The HD is a clear winner in my eyes, the only thing I felt the HD lags behind is the area of updates. Already the S is running 2.3 where as the HD is at 2.2.

Old 10th January 2011, 14:36   #1365
Team-BHP Support

On online forums like rimweb, I saw a lot of people who buy a high end CDMA android phone from HTC etc., then unlock(root) it and use it on reliance/Tata in India.
How reliable is such rooting and usage.
Such phones cost 100$ locked in US, and after paying a 200$ early termination fee you can have the top end phone for 300-350$ total(as opposed to 30K price of GSM variant in India).

Anybody here done this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks