Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 00:42   #21511
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Bought Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64 GB yesterday.

MRP- 56300/-
Offer- 3% off
Dealer offer- 2000 cashback + 500 off
Exhange value of Note 2- 9500/-
Final cost- 42,500/- INR
I can't believe prices have gone down that cheap! I am a gadget freak myself and have always seen Samsung dropping prices at a very steep rate.

I bought my 32GB version in the first week of launch in April for 62K with Insurance from Syska. I really feel looted at the moment!!!
Old 1st July 2015, 06:48   #21512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
I can't believe prices have gone down that cheap! I am a gadget freak myself and have always seen Samsung dropping prices at a very steep rate.

I bought my 32GB version in the first week of launch in April for 62K with Insurance from Syska. I really feel looted at the moment!!!
Edge is priced at around 52K and S6 on 41K as of now now on Snapdeal.
Flipkart and Amazon also had similar price till yesterday.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-galaxy-s6.jpg

Last edited by tbppjpr : 1st July 2015 at 06:56.
Old 1st July 2015, 07:27   #21513
Senior - BHPian

BTW, I had a funny and interesting experience when i started looking out for a new phone.

Flipkart, Amazon and few other sites had excellent offers as usual, on both iPhone and S6.

So i first called up Apple India customer care. I asked them which online retailers are authorised by Apple. He said only Infibeam.com is authorised. Flipkart and rest are not authorised and Apple cannot guarantee quality if purchased from these sites.

Then i called up Samsung India customer care and asked them the same question. His answer was "Sir, aap kahise bhi kharid sakte hey phone. Koi problem nahi." :-D (means you can buy Samsung phone from absolutely any online and offline shop)

That's why Samsung is # 1 in India I think.
Old 1st July 2015, 07:29   #21514
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I had a funny and interesting experience when i started looking out for a new phone.

Flipkart, Amazon and few other sites had excellent offers as usual, on both iPhone and S6.

So i first called up Apple India customer care. I asked them which online retailers are authorised by Apple. He said only Infibeam.com is authorised. Flipkart and rest are not authorised and Apple cannot guarantee quality if purchased from these sites.

Then i called up Samsung India customer care and asked them the same question. His answer was "Sir, aap kahise bhi kharid sakte hey phone. Koi problem nahi." :-D (means you can buy Samsung phone from absolutely any online and offline shop)

That's why Samsung is # 1 in India I think.
I have bought all my apple phones from flipkart or Amazon and they are all guaranteed to work, no matter what apple says.
Old 1st July 2015, 08:05   #21515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....He said only Infibeam.com is authorised. Flipkart and rest are not authorised and Apple cannot guarantee quality if purchased from these sites....
Quality of product is fine. But Infibeam ? Seriously ?
Will Apple guarantee delivery of the product itself, if purchased from Infibeam ?
Old 1st July 2015, 08:45   #21516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I have bought all my apple phones from flipkart or Amazon and they are all guaranteed to work, no matter what apple says.
Did you get any chance to get some work done in the guarantee/warranty period to confirm that? What was the work which got carried out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
But Infibeam ? Seriously ?
Same expressions were mine when I first read that? Till today, Infibeam is one of the last portal anyone would like to deal with.

Though looks like the perception may change in future after this news came yesterday:
Big day for IPOs: IndiGo, Infibeam, Teamlease eye over Rs 2,000 crore from investors

Last edited by tbppjpr : 1st July 2015 at 08:48.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:25   #21517
Distinguished - BHPian

In my experience of buying around 3 or 4 items (maybe 2k each), Infibeam is pretty good. Processing and shipping is a much slower than Amazon or FK though. Expect a delivery timeline of maybe 7 elapsed days.
Old 2nd July 2015, 01:00   #21518
BHPian

At last Android 5.1 update for Moto X (1st gen) has been released.
Old 2nd July 2015, 07:53   #21519
BHPian

Broke the front glass and display of my Nexus4. LG service centre charges Rs7k for replacement. Anyone can help with a cheaper alternate anywhere in Kerala? Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:54   #21520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LG service centre charges Rs7k for replacement. Anyone can help with a cheaper alternate anywhere in Kerala?
Its a sign that you have to upgrade. On a serious note, check those samsung repair centers but talk to the technicians directly asking them if they can source something from outside.

Check Ebay if there are any options.

The Nexus 4 used priced should be similar if iam not wrong. May be just replace it with a newer used Nexus 4
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:40   #21521
BHPian

Anyone here with an Android One device that has updated to Lollipop? Can you please post your experience post-update ?
Old 4th July 2015, 22:52   #21522
Distinguished - BHPian

After a year of trying to root the t2, finally did it with unexpected ease. Kingroot, from xda, downloads as an apk, install, run, done. Wow!
For most devices it'll do this.
No more struggle with flashtool, and finally a backup made on titanium, and internal memory freed up.
Give it a shot first if you're struggling with root.
Old 5th July 2015, 04:36   #21523
BHPian

Has anyone rooted their S6 edge without tripping knox 0×1??
Old 6th July 2015, 11:01   #21524
Senior - BHPian

Any experiences with the Samsung Galaxy Alpha? Very tempted to buy it for the wife.
Seems a steal at 22k.
Old 6th July 2015, 14:37   #21525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Broke the front glass and display of my Nexus4. LG service centre charges Rs7k for replacement. Anyone can help with a cheaper alternate anywhere in Kerala? Thanks.
If you are a DYI guy, you can try this.
Get the digitalizer from Amazon.

Check out to the YouTube video which guides you how to go about replacing it.

Else, like ppl have suggested, you could get the replacement screen, visit the local mobile adda, get the technician to do the work for you.
Do show him the video, in case he is not very familiar with Nexus 4.

Ps:- I went through a similar situation about a 3 weeks back. I tried sourcing the screen, it was available readily. Then I checked with LG service, they said it is a 20 min job and had the screen in stock. So, I took the 7K plunge. There were a lot of important things in the mobile which were yet to be synced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks