Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:03   #2791
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Skoda's Bangalore dealer TAFE offering Laura 1.8 TSi Ambiente @ 15.5L OTR and vRS @ 17.5L OTR on 2012 stocks, limited color choices!
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:34   #2792
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Skoda's Bangalore dealer TAFE offering Laura 1.8 TSi Ambiente @ 15.5L OTR and vRS @ 17.5L OTR on 2012 stocks, limited color choices!
Any idea about good deals on Skoda Rapid at Bangalore? Ever since VW decided to recalibrate the positioning of its brands, I am waiting for the revised pricing of Skoda...
Old 23rd November 2012, 00:04   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind
Are you positive the vRS is a 2012 stock? Could you double check that with the dealership and post please? A sizeable inventory of 2011 models still remains unsold so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:12   #2794
BHPian

Mahavir Skoda Hyderabad is offering a INR 50K discount(OTR) on the Rapid (also on Diesel variants). Probably till Dec'12.

Off Topic: They might have had a look at our 'October 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures' thread

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-capture.jpg

Last edited by DieselDon : 23rd November 2012 at 18:28.
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:35   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Mahavir Skoda Hyderabad is offering a INR 50K discount(OTR) on the Rapid (also on Diesel variants). Probably till Dec'12.
Can you please the breakup of the pricing? Just wanted to know the compenents of the 50k discount.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:08   #2796
BHPian

Just booked a Honda Brio a couple of days back. Got a healthy discount of 40,000 Rs on the top end manual variant. VMT. Delivery expected within a week.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:23   #2797
BHPian

Booked a Vento TDI Highline at Abra Motors yesterday.As it was a CSD purchase,couldn't bargain much.Anyway got insurance(regular)+floor mats+mudflaps+"VENTO" plates on door sills as freebies!!

Last edited by KINI : 24th November 2012 at 12:45.
Old 24th November 2012, 19:21   #2798
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Booked a Vento TDI Highline at Abra Motors yesterday.As it was a CSD purchase,couldn't bargain much.Anyway got insurance(regular)+floor mats+mudflaps+"VENTO" plates on door sills as freebies!!
congrats KINI!

At least you got floor mats+mudflaps+vento plates... I didnt get anything. except for the usual insurance+corp discount.

what was the OTR for CSD purchase? and when is the delivery?
Old 24th November 2012, 19:59   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
congrats KINI!

At least you got floor mats+mudflaps+vento plates... I didnt get anything. except for the usual insurance+corp discount.

what was the OTR for CSD purchase? and when is the delivery?
Thanks

If your deal isn't finalised,suggest you negotiate harder.Take quote from the two dealerships in Chennai and compare.I think you can easily get the freebies I got.Vento isn't exactly selling great!!

The OTR<10Lakhs.We are planning to take delivery by early Jan.

PS:Your SA is lying about the requirement of full payment before month end.Booking amount is enough!!We were given the booking form mentioning discounts and freebies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Last edited by KINI : 24th November 2012 at 20:16.
Old 24th November 2012, 20:01   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax View Post
Can you please the breakup of the pricing? Just wanted to know the compenents of the 50k discount.
I was there at Mahavir skoda at jubilee hills today to checkout this. It was a flat cash discount of 50 K on all variants of Rapid. After discount, prices would be:

10.3 L for Ambition +,
11.2 L for Elegance,

For active variant only on RED color, they currently have an offer, cash discount of 30 K + 50 K worth of accessories free. OTR would be 9.5 L. For 50K, you would get following:

Steering wheel cover,
Leather seats,
Navigation system mounted on windscreen,
Bluetooth kit (Mounted on driver side sunvisor)
1-DIN Sony HU with 4 speakers,
A cooling box (which has a separate incar charger).

They have 2, 25, 000 of cash discount on Laura TSI which makes the active variant OTR to be 13.5 L.

For Pulse Diesel, Renault is offering 35 K cash discount (till Nov 30, 2012) on the two variants.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R

Last edited by sriswe : 24th November 2012 at 20:06.
sriswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 20:10   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
I was there at Mahavir skoda at jubilee hills today to checkout this. It was a flat cash discount of 50 K on all variants of Rapid. After discount, prices would be:

10.3 L for Ambition +,
11.2 L for Elegance,
Are you sure??Vento Highline costs 11.1L here in TN.Fellow BHPian jpm just booked one last week.AFAIK AP road tax is lesser than TN!!
Old 24th November 2012, 20:37   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure??Vento Highline costs 11.1L here in TN.Fellow BHPian jpm just booked one last week.AFAIK AP road tax is lesser than TN!!
Hi Kini,

Yes, there is just approximately 25K difference between corresponding variants of Rapid and Vento, here in AP. Vento TDI Highline is 11.9 L OTR and there is a insurance free + corporate discount of 8 K - 12 K depending on the company band which makes the effective OTR of Highline around 11.35 to 11.4 L.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
sriswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 20:49   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kini,

Yes, there is just approximately 25K difference between corresponding variants of Rapid and Vento, here in AP. Vento TDI Highline is 11.9 L OTR and there is a insurance free + corporate discount of 8 K - 12 K depending on the company band which makes the effective OTR of Highline around 11.35 to 11.4 L.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Subtract the Navigation kit(21k and not included in the ex-showroom price.Its optional) and the OTR should come down to 11.2 Lakhs approximately.I also heard VW is also giving cash discounts but I'm not sure.So if that's the case then Rapid should cost <11Lakhs right considering the 25k price difference.

PS:Both the dealers here quoted the OTR price including the navigation+bluetooth kit when I enquired.I assume its the same everywhere!!

Last edited by KINI : 24th November 2012 at 21:01.
Old 24th November 2012, 21:05   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Subtract the Navigation kit(21k and not included in the ex-showroom price.Its optional) and the OTR should come down to 11.2 Lakhs approximately.I also heard VW is also giving cash discounts but I'm not sure.So if that's the case then Rapid should cost <11Lakhs right considering the 25k price difference.

PS:Both the dealers here quoted the OTR price including the neavigation+bluetooth kit when I enquired.I assume its the same everywhere!!
Kini,

Prices I have mentioned doesn't include the Navigation kit for Vento as far as I remember :-), so no scope for reducing further. Earlier Vento Highline used to have corporate discount of 12 K to 25 K , but now they have limited between 8K - 12 K.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
sriswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 22:11   #2805
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

If your deal isn't finalised,suggest you negotiate harder.
Cheers
I dont think I have room to negotiate any further. Besides, the car is already in transit & should arrive at the dealer's yard by monday.

Quote:

PS:Both the dealers here quoted the OTR price including the navigation+bluetooth kit when I enquired.I assume its the same everywhere!!

Quote:
Kini,
Vento Highline used to have corporate discount of 12 K to 25 K , but now they have limited between 8K - 12 K.
I have my original invoice with me 11.596 L OTR. (Ex Showroom: 999,072 Insurance: 41,497 RoadTax 107,487 EW 11,634)
The SA pushed hard on the navigation system. Even went on to lie that free insurance offer is only valid if we take the said navigation system. But after some hand wringing, agreed to free insurance with corp discount.

In my opinion the nav system is worthless and will only attract thieves. My phone does google maps well enough if its used at all for that purpose. If that doesnt work, we can always roll down the window and ask someone. Most folks are glad to be of help.

I think its easier to shop around if one lives in the metros. Unfortunately we have a single dealer in a city 60km away. The SA allocated to my town didnt seem too interested in negotiation. I guess his monthly targets for my town are met without him even trying. So he doesnt care. If its not me, its someone else. In my case, my family agreed upon the vento only and nothing else. So I am stuck with him and the dealer. Am sure the small town dealers in this case, Madurai Ramani and trichy Susee had same discounts, sae cut off threshold etc, leading me to think they have some kind of a nexus between them regarding the prices.

Besides, Madurai/Coimbatore and Chennai are too far away. Checking the dealer out/even taking delivery from them etc is impractical with our schedules; rather we pay a couple of grand more to the nearby dealer than go through hoops. Lazy, I know.

Btw, I was offered corp discount of 8K only that too after negotiations. So I should be content that I got the 8k towards accessories.

Last edited by jpm : 24th November 2012 at 22:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks