Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2016, 18:40   #6016
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hello Folks,

With the new Fortuner launch up soon, any discounts available on the current one? In Mumbai/Thane?

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:15   #6017
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi All,

I have booked as S Cross 1.6 Alpha in Chennai. The dealer is offering 20K discount.

Need some opinions on whether this is reasonable ?
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:08   #6018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
Hi All,

I have booked as S Cross 1.6 Alpha in Chennai. The dealer is offering 20K discount.

Need some opinions on whether this is reasonable ?
Hi - Couple of days back I made an Enquiry for 1.3 Zeta and they offered 20 K discount. I have not made the booking as the exchange price offered for my i10 AT was very less than market price.
JVille07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 08:48   #6019
BHPian

Discount On Outgoing Model Once A Facelift is Launched

Thought of creating this thread to discuss the various factors which would impact the discount which ought to be offered on the outgoing model e.g. quantum of change brought in by facelift, manufacturing date of the pre-facelift vehicle etc.

Also hoping that this thread would become a one stop shop for comparing notes (discounts) once a specific facelift is launched.

I am at Bangalore and getting a discount of 130K on the pre-facelift Rapid. Considering the fact that the face-lifted Rapid is around 60K more expensive (variant to variant) than pre-facelift Rapid, the OTR difference is about 2L.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:18   #6020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Guys, will the discounts applicable at the time of booking be given at the delivery time even if the delivery is stated to happen 15-20 days later?

What should we do? Should we trust the first dealer and make the booking?
Apprehensive since the way these salesman sway away from their commitment is something to look out for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Update:
Car arrived earlier than expected and the Hyundai dealer kept his word and is giving the discounts which he promised at the booking time.
The 55k discount is reduced from the ex showroom and as a result we saved on the road tax too.
My cousin will take delivery tomorrow if all goes well.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 00:18   #6021
BHPian

Hi all. I wonder what will be the effect of demonetisation on the car sales. Hope someone can throw some light on it. Mods please delete if the comment is inappropriate for the thread.
Old 9th November 2016, 01:47   #6022
Senior - BHPian

The RTO will charge road tax on the full published price list (Ex Showroom) of the car and not on the discounted value. The VAT though will be charged on the discounted value as also the TCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
The 55k discount is reduced from the ex showroom and as a result we saved on the road tax too.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 02:36   #6023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The RTO will charge road tax on the full published price list (Ex Showroom) of the car and not on the discounted value. The VAT though will be charged on the discounted value as also the TCS.
Hi!
You might be right. The reason I mentioned is because while giving the quotation for the Sportz model, the SA didn't just copied the RTO amount from their price list but in fact worked on his calci. And If I'm not wrong, he took the base amount while calculating Road Tax as 3.83L which is 4.38L-.55L.
The RTO amount written on their price list was 2-3K higher than what we have been quoted.
I will confirm with him tomorrow regarding this.
Old 14th November 2016, 15:07   #6024
BHPian

Navnit Motors Mangalore is offering:

1) 320d Sport line ~ 45 L OTR (10L off OTR)

2) 320d M-Sport ~ 53 L OTR.

3) X3 M-Sport ~ 68 L OTR (12L off OTR)

4) 530d M-Sport ~ 70 L OTR (10L off OTR)

Additionally 7.9% upto 7 years Loan/ 360° plan/ Complimentary Zero dep Insurance for 1st year

Booking has to be made by 18 Nov.

Is 45L a good deal for the 320d sport line? Or should I wait for December?

Is it worth waiting for the release of the upcoming G30 5 Series to get a better deal on the outgoing F10?

Any idea if the Indian G30 will have:

1) Integral Active Steering with X- Drive?

2) Bowers and Wilkins Diamond Audio?
TaciturN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 17:50   #6025

Hi! I have shortlisted Toyota Innova Crysta (top model), Automatic (pearl white) from Galaxy Toyota in Delhi. But there is no discount, not even mud flaps free with it? Is this the norm or am i being taken for a ride (literally)
Old 14th November 2016, 18:54   #6026
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy is the most tight fisted dealer in NCR given their extensive coverage. You would do well to get competitive offers from Grace in Saket, ThirtySix in Faridabad & Espirit in Mohon Coop Indl. area amongst others. There's a dealer in Patparganj F.I.E, I forget their name but they are known to offload stocks proactively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katami View Post
Hi! I have shortlisted Toyota Innova Crysta (top model), Automatic (pearl white) from Galaxy Toyota in Delhi. But there is no discount, not even mud flaps free with it? Is this the norm or am i being taken for a ride (literally)
Old 15th November 2016, 09:02   #6027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaciturN View Post

1) 320d Sport line ~ 45 L OTR (10L off OTR)

Any idea if the Indian G30 will have:

1) Integral Active Steering with X- Drive?

2) Bowers and Wilkins Diamond Audio?
Wait till December. The year end discounts are always best and with the current cash crunch discounts could further improve on luxury cars.

I had got nearly 9 Lakhs off on ex-showroom in august so the deal you have on OTR ain't better yet.

The next gen 5 is far away maybe end next year
Old 15th November 2016, 15:19   #6028
BHPian

I'm looking at the Maruti Ertiga Petrol + CNG version to replace the Tata Indigo. Bandra dealer offering a discount of 10K + Exchange bonus of 10K.

Anyone else getting better stuff?
Old 15th November 2016, 16:16   #6029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaciturN View Post

Is 45L a good deal for the 320d sport line? Or should I wait for December?

Is it worth waiting for the release of the upcoming G30 5 Series to get a better deal on the outgoing F10?
It is not a great deal. The price of the 320D has crept up over the past few years, and although the discount seems high, the actual price has also gone up significantly. Compare this to year-ago prices to see that this is not a good deal. Granted, duties and taxes also have a role to play, but it is still not a good deal compared to last year. Comparing with the new ridiculous pricing seen from Toyota / Honda for their Camrys / Accords, however, 45 is a great deal.

There are already large discounts on the current 5 series on the 520i in Delhi. Not sure if they imported them in other cities -- but in Delhi, they imported a bunch of Petrols during the days of the diesel ban. Those are discounted now, and are going for about 51-52 OTR for the luxury line. Not sure if theyre still in stock.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 17:51   #6030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Wait till December. The year end discounts are always best and with the current cash crunch discounts could further improve on luxury cars.

I had got nearly 9 Lakhs off on ex-showroom in august so the deal you have on OTR ain't better yet.

The next gen 5 is far away maybe end next year
I even checked with Navnit Mumbai who gave a similar deal. Will take a call in Dec.

I was expecting the G30 earlier since they imported a couple of units in Sep for homologation. But again, for me the only deal breaker will be the IAS which will finally make the 5 drive the way it should. I doubt the B & W Diamond Audio will make it here seeing as it's a ~ $5000 option. Like wise with the Nappa Leather option.
The Gimicky gesture control, the silly touchscreen and the 'drive assistant' I really don't care about.

But Thanks for your inputs. Truly appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
It is not a great deal. The price of the 320D has crept up over the past few years, and although the discount seems high, the actual price has also gone up significantly. Compare this to year-ago prices to see that this is not a good deal. Granted, duties and taxes also have a role to play, but it is still not a good deal compared to last year. Comparing with the new ridiculous pricing seen from Toyota / Honda for their Camrys / Accords, however, 45 is a great deal.

There are already large discounts on the current 5 series on the 520i in Delhi. Not sure if they imported them in other cities -- but in Delhi, they imported a bunch of Petrols during the days of the diesel ban. Those are discounted now, and are going for about 51-52 OTR for the luxury line. Not sure if theyre still in stock.
The way the prices in this segment are going, we can just forget those days now. Just have to accept that it will only get worse.

The 520d/i just don't do justice to the 5. If i were to consider the 5, it would have to be the 530d.

But Thanks for your suggestions
TaciturN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks