Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 17:34   #7546
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Absolutely. To me Creta looks better, has better built quality and the BS4 engines are slightly up on power. Go for Seltos only for the TGDI which will only be available on the next gen Creta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Even after discount, diesel SX auto goes for 17+ lakh, which feels overpriced.
Seltos would be cheaper in the long run since it would attract lower annual third-party insurance as it is under 1500cc whereas Creta is above 1500cc for the SX variant. The difference would be around ₹ 5000 annualy as per today's rates. This may also reflect in the invoice.

Last edited by Researcher : 26th December 2019 at 17:47. Reason: Added quoted posts
Researcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 18:07   #7547
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I just saw a news article about Road Tax. It states that Road Tax has to be charged on the Net Discounted Price and not the Ex-Showroom Price.
Just confirmed this two days back with my Skoda SA in Hyderabad. He mentioned this is now confirmed and many Rapid/Octavia customers have managed to get this during recent registrations.
Kray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 18:57   #7548
BHPian

Quote:
I just saw a news article about Road Tax. It states that Road Tax has to be charged on the Net Discounted Price and not the Ex-Showroom Price. This could be really good if this is true. The news article states a judgement of the High Court of Telangana as well.

Experts please opine. The news article is printed here.

http://tribuneindia.com/news/charge-...er-panel-17224

The High court news is on this URL

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/64184968.cms

if this is true, it could mean we can save lacs of rupees in Road Tax, especially on the offers being rolled out in December
This post is pure gold. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. I was not aware of this at all. On a 5 series with more than 11 lacs discount, you'd end up saving 1.35 lacs in road tax.
amitverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 19:01   #7549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Just confirmed this two days back with my Skoda SA in Hyderabad. He mentioned this is now confirmed and many Rapid/Octavia customers have managed to get this during recent registrations.
Great news for folks in Hyderabad. It makes a lot of sense too. If Insurance, GST etc all are calculated on the actual price then why not Road Tax too.

I am not sure if this is valid nationally or only in certain states. Can some legal expert kindly comment on this.
Old 26th December 2019, 20:29   #7550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Seltos would be cheaper in the long run since it would attract lower annual third-party insurance as it is under 1500cc whereas Creta is above 1500cc for the SX variant. The difference would be around ₹ 5000 annualy as per today's rates. This may also reflect in the invoice.
Considering approx usable life of 15 years, saving of 5000 per year(will be lesser with reducing IDV)will be 75k. With current discounts of 1 lac, Creta is turning out to be much cheaper and VFM. Remember
1 lac saved today > 75k saved over years

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 26th December 2019 at 20:31.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 21:05   #7551
BHPian

Quote:
Great news for folks in Hyderabad. It makes a lot of sense too. If Insurance, GST etc all are calculated on the actual price then why not Road Tax too.

I am not sure if this is valid nationally or only in certain states. Can some legal expert kindly comment on this.
GST in Chandigarh is calculated on basic car price excluding GST (Recently bought Seltos). I think this is same for Punjab as well. So it is certainly true for few states at least.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 23:47   #7552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
GST in Chandigarh is calculated on basic car price excluding GST (Recently bought Seltos). I think this is same for Punjab as well. So it is certainly true for few states at least.
I think you're missing a point here. From what I can infer from the previous posts , it's that in Hyderabad and a few other states , the road tax will be calculated upon the discounted price offered by the dealer and not on the ex-showroom price as done earlier.
I might be wrong , please do correct me if I am
advaydh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 15:25   #7553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
GST is calculated on the basic car value across the country. Discounts do not make a difference and it is a standard policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
I think you're missing a point here. From what I can infer from the previous posts , it's that in Hyderabad and a few other states , the road tax will be calculated upon the discounted price offered by the dealer and not on the ex-showroom price as done earlier.
I might be wrong , please do correct me if I am
What Mr. Gupta was stating is that the earlier quoted post mentioned GST also calculated on discounted price, which isn't the case.

Road Tax & Insurance makes sense to calculate on discounted price, but sadly in Maharashtra there is no discounted road tax from what I know, so it irks me when dealers here send messages with discounted ex-showroom prices.
They may offer me a 10L discount on the ex-showroom price, but I will still have to pay Rs. 1.5-2L additional road tax since it is calculated on stated ex-showroom value and not discounted ex-showroom value.

Last edited by lamborghini : 27th December 2019 at 15:27.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 14:03   #7554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
They may offer me a 10L discount on the ex-showroom price, but I will still have to pay Rs. 1.5-2L additional road tax since it is calculated on stated ex-showroom value and not discounted ex-showroom value.
I am currently trying to fight this, slim chance I will succeed but its a considerable amount this time. Between two cars that I am registering next week there is a discount saving of over 30L which translates to approx 5L additional tax.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 21:34   #7555
BHPian

I have booked a Creta SX 1.6 Petrol. Opted for self insurance, got a discount of 80k. With HDFC ergo (3+1) insurance purchased online OTR is 13.30 lacs.( no extended warranty, no accessories, only basic carpet mats, mud flaps and perfume offered)
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 23:01   #7556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
I have booked a Creta SX 1.6 Petrol. Opted for self insurance, got a discount of 80k. With HDFC ergo (3+1) insurance purchased online OTR is 13.30 lacs.( no extended warranty, no accessories, only basic carpet mats, mud flaps and perfume offered)
I am contemplating to buy either Seltos HTK+ or Manual Creta SX Petrol version. Today I visited Advaith Bangalore and SA told they don't have SX Manual petrol in-stock in entire Bangalore and asked me to consider Auto Petrol version. They offered me 1.4 lakhs discount on Petrol Auto without any negotiation. The SA has no clue on availability of SX version in January. Looks like Hyundai is clearing existing stocks and may be preparing the line for production of next gen Creta?
Old 28th December 2019, 23:48   #7557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
I am contemplating to buy either Seltos HTK+ or Manual Creta SX Petrol version. Today I visited Advaith Bangalore and SA told they don't have SX Manual petrol in-stock in entire Bangalore and asked me to consider Auto Petrol version. They offered me 1.4 lakhs discount on Petrol Auto without any negotiation. The SA has no clue on availability of SX version in January. Looks like Hyundai is clearing existing stocks and may be preparing the line for production of next gen Creta?
If that’s the case buy HTK+ Seltos. It misses on some features vs the SX like FATC, rear arm rest, rear headrest and led tail lamps. But then HTK+ is cheaper even without discounts.

Also i feel your dealer is playing bluff just to clear his existing stock first. I enquired at 2 dealers here in NCR before booking, both had SX in stock and were ready to get me another car from the factory if i delay the booking further just that the discount applicable might be different.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 28th December 2019 at 23:59.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 01:27   #7558
BHPian

Hello Friends,
What's the current discounts going on for Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT & Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT?
Looking for a deal in Mumbai. Any leads will be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Powertrain
Old 29th December 2019, 09:13   #7559
BHPian

I'm also looking for Fortuner 4x4 AT in Ahmedabad. Please PM me if you have a connection at a dealership.
Old 31st December 2019, 09:20   #7560
BHPian

https://news.maxabout.com/cars/year-...RJQ7tR2zDmAEIg

A consolidated list of year end discounts. As mentioned, they may vary from city to city.
Interesting to see how Fortuner only has a 70k discount while the CR-V and Tiguan offer upwards of 3L in discounts. The Fortuner simply sells that much more.

Most Viewed