Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2021, 10:39   #8791
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Did anyone pick the compass recently in Bangalore? Wanted to check(on behalf of a friend) what kind of discounts can be expected for Jeep Compass Petrol DCT Limited (O)? Dealer quote is ~30L OTR.
Old 31st October 2021, 10:47   #8792
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash2385 View Post
Hi, what is the ex-showroom price you were quoted?
Well the Ex-Showroom was 44.9 which has been shared for the 330i
Old 31st October 2021, 12:51   #8793
BHPian

Did anyone pick the VW Polo TSI in the recent time? What are the offers running currently?
Viraj.515 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 14:42   #8794
BHPian

Well i got an offer of 41l OTR for a demo BMW 220i M sport variant which has 6000 kms on the Odometer. Is this a good deal ?
Old 31st October 2021, 19:40   #8795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
Well i got an offer of 41l OTR for a demo BMW 220i M sport variant which has 6000 kms on the Odometer. Is this a good deal ?
It’s a strictly okay-ish deal. The ballpark discount should be around 10 lacs, give or take, based on model. I think you should push more..
Old 31st October 2021, 20:55   #8796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Did anyone pick the compass recently in Bangalore? Wanted to check(on behalf of a friend) what kind of discounts can be expected for Jeep Compass Petrol DCT Limited (O)? Dealer quote is ~30L OTR.
I was recently in touch with PPS folks and they offered the following from the dealership:

1. 40k cash discount on Longitude Petrol DDCT (plus 76k cash discount from Jeep in October, 95k for Diesel Manual IIRC)

2. 45k cash discount on Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic
Old 1st November 2021, 16:22   #8797
BHPian

Can someone please tell me the road tax in Karnataka for a sub-4m SUV with ex-showroom around 12L?

I'm buying an XUV3OO W8(O) which has been priced to me at ~12.47L ex-showroom in Bangalore. He's quoting the lifetime road tax at 18.87% amounting to 2.38L.

However, while checking the taxation schedule, it says only 17% which will then amount to only 2.12L. Bankbazaar and some other websites are also quoting only a 17%. Am I getting fleeced or am I missing something?

Can someone please clarify if they know the rates or guide me to a place where I can find accurate information?

Last edited by krishnakumar : 1st November 2021 at 16:27.
Old 1st November 2021, 16:38   #8798
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Can someone please tell me the road tax in Karnataka for a sub-4m SUV with ex-showroom around 12L?

I'm buying an XUV3OO W8(O) which has been priced to me at ~12.47L ex-showroom in Bangalore. He's quoting the lifetime road tax at 18.87% amounting to 2.38L.

However, while checking the taxation schedule, it says only 17% which will then amount to only 2.12L. Bankbazaar and some other websites are also quoting only a 17%. Am I getting fleeced or am I missing something?

Can someone please clarify if they know the rates or guide me to a place where I can find accurate information?
There are two additional cess levied on the road tax - 10% and 1% each. So 17% would effectively become 18.87%.
avk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 10:52   #8799
BHPian

A friend who is located in NOIDA (Delhi NCR) is looking to purchase an Audi A4. He will be trading in his present ride - a VW Passat (2015 model, 85000 kms). He has the following two queries:

1. Are there any discounts running on the A4 in Delhi NCR? If yes, then how much?

2. What should he expect for his VW Passat from the Audi dealer?

Thank you.
Old 5th November 2021, 12:02   #8800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
A friend who is located in NOIDA (Delhi NCR) is looking to purchase an Audi A4. He will be trading in his present ride - a VW Passat (2015 model, 85000 kms). He has the following two queries:

1. Are there any discounts running on the A4 in Delhi NCR? If yes, then how much?

2. What should he expect for his VW Passat from the Audi dealer?

Thank you.
A Delhi Audi dealer quoted 5L for at the spot purchase of my 2012 diesel A4 or gave me an option to leave the car at their showroom for prospective customers to see and buy and then charge me a commision on a successful sale.
A SA at VW dealer quoted 4L!
Cars24 gave me 5.65 net of their commision after running their one hour auction process.
So although in the beginning I was very sceptical of Cars24 & their ilk but in the end they gave me almost the best deal and I didn't have to deal with local used car brokers and dealers.
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 12:24   #8801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post

The dealer quote is correct. The tax is 17%. On top of this, there is a cess of 10% and Infra Cess of 1%. So the total tax amounts to 18.87. Then there is Rs.1000 Road Safety Tax/Cess.
You can get the details here.
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-kar_road_tax.jpg
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 16:41   #8802
BHPian

My wife is planning to buy a Honda City ZX CVT in Mumbai for herself. Has anyone bought a City recently? What are the discounts running on this model? There is ready availability of the top end variant in almost all colors (unlike Creta, Hector or even BMW ).

I got quotes from all 3 Mumbai dealers - Solitaire, Arya and Viva and the price is highest for Solitaire and least for Viva. Is Viva a trustworthy dealer to book City? I could always stick to Arya for yearly service. Does a different dealer for purchase and servicing make any difference in treatment at service centre or buying anytime warranty post 5 years?
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 16:51   #8803
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Does a different dealer for purchase and servicing make any difference in treatment at service centre or buying anytime warranty post 5 years?
No difference whatsoever, where you buy or service the car. And Warranty is from the OEM, not the dealer. Get the best deal, and service at the better ASC.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 19:20   #8804
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs. Mumbai folks, any feedback on Viva honda? Should I expect the regular dealer behaviour or any shady antics with Viva?
Old 8th November 2021, 19:55   #8805
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
My wife is planning to buy a Honda City ZX CVT in Mumbai for herself. Has anyone bought a City recently? What are the discounts running on this model? There is ready availability of the top end variant in almost all colors (unlike Creta, Hector or even BMW ).

I got quotes from all 3 Mumbai dealers - Solitaire, Arya and Viva and the price is highest for Solitaire and least for Viva. Is Viva a trustworthy dealer to book City? I could always stick to Arya for yearly service. Does a different dealer for purchase and servicing make any difference in treatment at service centre or buying anytime warranty post 5 years?
Viva Honda is a part of Modi group which is fairly large in Mumbai. Makes no difference where you buy your car and where you service it. The dealer where you service your car will be more happy since servicing is where the money is! I follow similar practise with my cars.

EDIT: I see the query was answered before. I had good experience with Linkway Honda whose premises Viva have taken over. Not sure if they have retained the staff but should be as good/bad as any other Modi group dealerships. Generally it seems Honda dealers seem to have a penchant for overcharging in services. So be cautious on that front.
Cheers

Last edited by RJK : 8th November 2021 at 19:59.
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks