Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 19:23   #5836
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
VW is offering Vento Automatic for Zero downpayment. Check with your local VW dealerships.
Disclaimer: Sorry for the noob questions that are to follow.

How would a zero downpayment scheme work? Can someone please clarify? Would the entire amount be on loan? Also, does VW offer the loan as well (their ads say something about 5.99% interest or something)? Is that any different from the auto loans that we get from banks?

All my vehicles so far have been in the "traditional" 30% downpayment and 70% loan schemes where I have opted for HDFC bank auto loans every time. Hence these questions.
Old 9th June 2016, 19:43   #5837
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_hornet View Post
Disclaimer: Sorry for the noob questions that are to follow.

How would a zero downpayment scheme work? Can someone please clarify? Would the entire amount be on loan? Also, does VW offer the loan as well (their ads say something about 5.99% interest or something)? Is that any different from the auto loans that we get from banks?

All my vehicles so far have been in the "traditional" 30% downpayment and 70% loan schemes where I have opted for HDFC bank auto loans every time. Hence these questions.
A zero down payment may have the compete loan for the car or could be a one shot payment after 35 months or so for the remaining amount. Its better to get in touch with the dealer for proper info.

Normal 4 wheeler loans have an interest rate of 12-14% depending on the banks & schemes. A 6% is definitely better at 50% of the actual market rate.

I managed an 80% or 85% loan last time. 70% loan looks a bit on the lower side, but its good that you pay lesser total amount too. Loans interests end up being a good chunk of the total payment.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 19:51   #5838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
A zero down payment may have the compete loan for the car or could be a one shot payment after 35 months or so for the remaining amount. Its better to get in touch with the dealer for proper info.

Normal 4 wheeler loans have an interest rate of 12-14% depending on the banks & schemes. A 6% is definitely better at 50% of the actual market rate.

I managed an 80% or 85% loan last time. 70% loan looks a bit on the lower side, but its good that you pay lesser total amount too. Loans interests end up being a good chunk of the total payment.
Thanks swiftnfurious! Yeah a 6% loan sounds tempting, provided no catch is involved. I guess I will give the Volkswagen guys a call and find out about this - sounds like a good deal to me so far.

True I could go for a higher loan amount, but like you said interest is the real killer (for consumers, not banks) for any loan. That's why I always try to limit it to 70% of the total cost. Personal choice, I suppose.
arch_hornet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 20:47   #5839
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks swiftnfurious! Yeah a 6% loan sounds tempting, provided no catch is involved. I guess I will give the Volkswagen guys a call and find out about this - sounds like a good deal to me so far.
This might be different from what they say. 6 months ago there was an offer which was 0% interest on Volkswagen Finance (not sure if its still present).
I called up the sales guy from VW and he said its only for the base variant Trendline.
ysak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 21:13   #5840
BHPian

Quote:

True I could go for a higher loan amount, but like you said interest is the real killer (for consumers, not banks) for any loan. That's why I always try to limit it to 70% of the total cost. Personal choice, I suppose.

Hello, I would like to throw some light over here. You will be tempted by reading Volkswagen ads but let me tell you something, if you want that 6% they will be asking more down payment than usual.

For e.g I bought Highline diesel vento DSG 2 months ago. They had a deal of 0% interest rate back then. When I inquired about it, they told me that I can only get 5 lacs as loan amount (considering 13.5 lacs for DSG vento) and rest I have to pay as down payment. which is almost 8.5 lacs and that's a huge amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
This might be different from what they say. 6 months ago there was an offer which was 0% interest on Volkswagen Finance (not sure if its still present).

I called up the sales guy from VW and he said its only for the base variant Trendline.

Yes they had this offer but with higher down payment option. And it was totally useless.

P.S - If you take VW finance option, you will be restricted to foreclosure of the loan amount. You can pay only twice in a year if you want to deposit more amount than your EMI, whereas SBI gives you freedom of that. (technically I don't know the exact word for this sorry)
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 21:34   #5841
BHPian

Last week when I asked the 5.99 offer, one dealer said it's applicable only for 2015 models and we don't have any 2015 stock now. Another dealer said, its applicable only for Polo and not for vento which I was interested. Another sales guy said, if you opt for 5.99% offer, then no cash discount of 45K and also loan period is only 3 years.

Basically they will say something which doesn't work in our way and escape.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 22:00   #5842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Last week when I asked the 5.99 offer, one dealer said it's applicable only for 2015 models and we don't have any 2015 stock now. Another dealer said, its applicable only for Polo and not for vento which I was interested. Another sales guy said, if you opt for 5.99% offer, then no cash discount of 45K and also loan period is only 3 years.

Basically they will say something which doesn't work in our way and escape.

Yes sorry I missed that part. Loan period is only 3 years. As you said they had their conditions applicable one by one. I got huge discount, so I didn't bother them about these deals.

I was very much interested in 0% interest rate loan deal, but when I enquired they said - saar it's just a strategy to generate new inquiries nothing else. We are not even getting enough showroom visitors after Dieselgate scandal. So to generate more inquiries company started these deals with "n" numbers of conditions.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 02:32   #5843
BHPian

The main difference between a bank loan and VW loan is that the interest rate applicable in bank loan is on reducing amount while VW would have a flat rate interest which means even if you pay the loan amount quicker the interest amount will be unchanged whereas it's not the case with the bank loans. If you do some calculations both essentially cost you the same.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 13:53   #5844
Senior - BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Incase anyone is interested in getting a 3 pointed star in Mumbai.
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465547019.521657.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 14:34   #5845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Attachment 1516348

E-250 CDI is a steal brother. But they haven't specified year of manufacturing. I heard BMW gives highest discounts compared to Mercedes Benz or Audi. Some may consider that also.
Old 10th June 2016, 19:53   #5846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
E-250 CDI is a steal brother. But they haven't specified year of manufacturing. I heard BMW gives highest discounts compared to Mercedes Benz or Audi. Some may consider that also.

Yeah, Looking at the kms's most of the cars have run, It might be display and test driven vehicle's, Prices for some are good, BMW too provides good amount of discounts at times.
Old 12th June 2016, 10:52   #5847
BHPian

Wanted to check what are the best deals going in and around NCR (Gurgaon to be specific) on VW Polo Petrol Highline variant. The dealer a MG Road is quoting me an OTR price of Rs. 7.93 Lacs. On this, he's offering 40K discount (this is basis a phone level discussion).

Any idea, how much can I squeeze him further.

P.S. - He's having a Polo TDi Highline of Nov 2015 in his stock for which he's willing to offer 1.5 Lacs off on the OTR price. Ping me for SA details.
Old 13th June 2016, 11:45   #5848

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Attachment 1516348
Those Es are very tempting at that price.

Please can anyone throw some light on the discounts on 520d and 530d going on right now? Thanks.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:12   #5849
BHPian

The E is tempting because the new model is about to replace this one. I went to the showroom and they were ready to take 8-10L off a new E without much discussion ! Also it is not just a facelift but a new generation which looks nothing like the current one.
Old 13th June 2016, 15:26   #5850
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR123 View Post
Those Es are very tempting at that price.
Since the new Merc E is just about to be launched, And hence they are just clearing off the stocks, For someone who doesn't mind getting the current generation E class, The prices couldn't be better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks