Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 02:31   #661
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattanw View Post
IMO, the face lifted version looks like an unsuccessful attempt at keeping everyone happy. A closer look at the redesigned front and rear gives the impression that MM tried to put in something for everyone, tried to create a design that could appeal across age groups, while trying also to increase the"value for money" perception of its best selling SUV.
In my opinion, they have succeeded in keeping every-one unhappy!
The combination of the squarish front end, with the original curved profile and the ridiculous rear - a lethal combination for disastrous sales

Maybe not so!!

Sometimes I wonder if the opinion of team-bhpians are indeed far away from that of the masses!
Doomsday predictions (rightly so) of vehicles have not always been right.

The masses (mango people) have lapped-up cars plastered with layers of chrome, garish lights, unnecessary cuts & nips to the bodyline, much to the chagrin of us enthusiasts, whose tastes are undoubtedly ahead by a large margin.
Reminds me of good/classic/intelectual movies that actually flop at the box office. A simple case of 'nector to one is poison to another', eh?

Maybe we bhpians ARE a class apart, we keep debating the negatives of the new entrants/face lifts until the cows come home; whilst the car manufacturers (who probably guage the masses much better), laugh all the way to the bank!
cpbopanna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 02:33   #662
BHPian

I am a fan of the current Scorpio. Its a very handsome vehicle.
The new one looks like the old south Indian hero, with mustache and stuff. (no offense please.)

So, I've tried to make it look a bit better.
Here's the render.

Original:
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-image00002.jpg

Redesigned
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-image00001.jpg
iamahunter is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 10:51   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post

Here's the render.
Now this is much more classy. Hope someone sensible (Ananad Mahindra)from Mahindra sees these pictures.
GreenmachinE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 10:55   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

The front seems to be inspired by the Subaru range.

Overall looks a OK package.Will appeal the bling bling kinda people.
Old 21st September 2014, 11:44   #665
BHPian

I am waiting to see the new Scorpio in flesh. I am expecting it to be a better looking one than in pictures. However the Rear styling is no-go. I was never a great fan of Scorpio, liked styling of 2002 Scorpio but did not buy due to poor braking and body roll. I test drove the improved one in 2008 but did not go for it due to the same reasons. Hope they bring in changes to minimize the body roll, improve the braking and interiors.

This reminds me of the XUV scoop and the bashing of the rear styling on this forum and it all changed with the announcement of price details.
Old 21st September 2014, 13:54   #666
Senior - BHPian

It looks like a Tata Sumo that came out of a beauty parlour. And those twin handles at the rear must be for stowaways. I appreciate M&M's concern for stowaways. And yes, those rain gutters? Those went out of existence long long ago. I think, with Amby gone, this and Omni must be only two vehicles in India with rain gutters. M&M should never have camouflaged the test car. That way we would have gotten used to this look by now.
Old 21st September 2014, 14:50   #667
Senior - BHPian

The only thing worth applauding M&M for this (not so great looking) upgrade is that they have given DRL's in a car at this price. Its hightime automakers start giving this as standard. When Swift can have it then why cant Honda City or other C segmenters?
Old 21st September 2014, 15:17   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the render.
I would still prefer the Mahindra design, although I would go to say the design by you is commendable too. The grill used by you has reduced the masculine character it provides. (Just my opinion- Looks are subjective)

I am completely ok with the new front face of the Mahindra Scorpio. Infact it does look contemporary. I feel the headlights styling clue are more taken from European sedans. Similar to Volkswagon ones.

It looks good now and soon over a period of time we will start liking it, like how we got over the overdesigned XUV front face in no time.

The rear feels overdone especially with respect to loads of plastic and colour combination. It looks like add-on and not a OEM effort.

The rear light- blue colour and chrome combination the less the said the better. It robs the sober look which the front face is able to achieve and doesnot gel with it.

I am more interested in what technical superiority is the machine able to bring in new model.

With whatever reliable information I got the new model has a soft suspension increasing comfort on highways but leads to the suspension completely being compressed in off-road conditions. So the new scorpio is moving towards being a soft-roader than a off-roader.

No Idea on the body roll and the improvements in the new Gearbox.

Let the team-bhp reviews clear the air on the subject.
Old 21st September 2014, 15:45   #669
Senior - BHPian

The interiors -

I like the clean and neat approach Mahindra has taken with the dash. Unlike the exterior, the interiors look real classy.

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_8502.jpg
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_8503.jpg
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_8504.jpg

Source: www.theautomotiveindia.com

Last edited by raj_5004 : 21st September 2014 at 15:48.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 15:47   #670
BHPian

Quote:
I am a fan of the current Scorpio. Its a very handsome vehicle.
The new one looks like the old south Indian hero, with mustache and stuff. (no offense please.)

Here's the render.
Redesigned
Attachment 1290123
Commendable job, but had they done this we would have been after them and said, guys at Mahindra have lost creativity and copied Dodge charger's front.

I personally feel it's a nice upgrade from Mahindra.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-dodge-charger.jpg  

wheeledsoul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 16:27   #671
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra design team should actually go ahead and leak the pics, rather than keep them hidden. They will get the feedback on Team-BHP and they could act on it, with the revisions!

Seriously, this doesnt look like will grow on me. The Scorpio looks were fine - it was only the interiors and the ride quality that were to be tinkered with!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 16:37   #672
Senior - BHPian

The interiors are too plane jane and the dashboard still a little too shallow. The quirkiness remains with those horrible looking hexagonalish instrument pods.
Old 21st September 2014, 17:13   #673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The interiors are too plane jane and the dashboard still a little too shallow. The quirkiness remains with those horrible looking hexagonalish instrument pods.
+1.

Not only shallow, but they are still set too low for comfort.

The 2 DIN display for the audio for example is set so low from the normal level of vision that its going to be very distracting to use it while the vehicle is in motion. A/c controls are set even lower at knee level - not at all ergonomic.

And the way the black portion on top of the dash sits on top of the beige plastic reminds me of the Mahindra Verito!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st September 2014 at 17:14.
Old 21st September 2014, 18:12   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
The dashboard looks better than the outgoing one. Wonder if it can be retrofitted into a 2012 Vlx Auto 4x4.
If you look at the AC controls in the upcoming model, it doesn't seem backward compatible. Even if possible I would suggest not to do it. Factory fit cannot be replicated in a workshop. An ill fitted dashboard will be a headache.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 20:39   #675
BHPian

Having seen these pics, I truly regret not buying the outgoing auto transmission. The new six speed auto box from Bosch was just simply great. And to know that there are no plans to launch the auto transmission anytime soon - the agony and the repent is only magnified !! Why M&M - why did you have to do this ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks