Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:33   #706
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Can anyone confirm if this facelift comes with side airbags in addition to the front driver/passenger airbags, and also if the AT is carried over from the previous version?

I don't care how ugly it looks as long as it comes with three rows of seats, airbags for all rows, and automatic transmission.
I have exactly the same requirements. On checking with the company (and dealers) I gather that they want to utilise the production line for a Manual only so that they can meet the "demand". I defi saw snaps of the auto mule
So am hoping that it'll come sometime soon.
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:38   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
No side airbags buddy. The S8 variant onwards have dual airbags and the S6+ will have a driver side airbag. How we wish it had cushion airbags, don't we!

As the discussions go, the AT might not be available at launch, but there have been enough sightings of the variant being tested to make us believe it isn't far away.
Thanks, methecupid. So I will just have to go back to waiting for Tata to launch an AT Aria or Mahindra an AT XUV, then.

So much for my interest in the Scorpio facelift.
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:58   #708
BHPian

Not sure if this was posted earlier. Variant wise details of the New Gen Scorpio.

Interesting point that caught my eye - the garish applique on the number plate seems to be only on the top 2 variants. Also, an applique is removable right?

source : http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...ature-list.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-newmahindrascorpiofeaturelist.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:36   #709
Team-BHP Support

The feature list seems to be printed/formatted in a hurry. It doesn't align. I want original leather seats in the S10 variant.

Will the ex-showroom be priced at 12L for 4X4 with captain seats in middle? Anything above that won't justify IMO
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:20   #710
BHPian

I was hopeful after hearing 'clean-square lines' and all that but I should have remembered that these are the same designers who designed a flagship SUV based on 'cheetah' theme along with disco light interior. :(

I can almost live with the front but rear - not possible to accept. The only way I can look at this vehicle would be in black with blackened tail lamps.

I'm sure this will do well in rural areas.
troublemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 00:47   #711
BHPian

For any manufacturer sales come ahead of any other considerations. Especially when it is a well established product , a manufacturer does not want to alienate the core audience the product is targeted at. They study not only the customer feedback but also the modifications and accessories people go in for the said product. If you see a Scorpio on the road you will see majority of them will be fitted with those chrome kits. Naturally Mahindra have seen that and have come up with a factory fitted chrome rung headlamps. The rear may be overdone and blingy for enthusiasts but the masses and aam junta which is where the vehicle is targeted, will appreciate it.

So as far as aesthetics and looks are concerned an enthusiast has little say in Scorpio's styling. What i am happy about is that Mahindra have gone for a lighter but tougher hydro-formed chassis, a wide track, a longer wheel base which should go a long way in making the interiors more roomier and airier. The increased wheelbase, track and a new chassis has hopefully given Mahindra more freedom to correct the perennial weaknesses in handling and ride of Scorpio. Another good thing is the move to 17 inch wheels which should again in helping the dynamics of the Scorpio. A new gearbox is a welcome change too. The interiors look much better both in term of aesthetics and quality. Feature list looks impressive too. Mahindra will price this vehicle competitively and this vehicle will have no problems matching the sales of outgoing model if not better it.

The issue i have with Mahindra is that they are holding this vehicle back so that it does not cannibalize their flagship SUV in XUV. For a large SUV like Scorpio a 140bhp tune should have been at-least an option with a six speed gearbox. Since the looks of both vehicle are as different as chalk and cheese i don't think a higher engine variant would have cannibalized the XUV. Maruti share their engines in same tune across various models and tunes and Mahindra can take a leaf out of Maruti's book.

Mahindra is making no bones about the fact that they are projecting Scorpio as an out and out mass market SUV and enthusiasts feeling left out is not exactly an issue Mahindra is bothered about.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 23rd September 2014 at 00:49.
needforspeed88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 03:36   #712
BHPian

I am sure a lot of folks would buy it just for the grab handles ! they make it a 7/8 seater+ 2/4 standing / dangling etc. A new benchmark in the category ;-) Glad that atleast roof escaped the attention of those "designers" :P
spookey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 04:52   #713
BHPian

I read the thread below a few days back and felt happy.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ysler-etc.html

Now I bumped into this tread and checked page 36 , I personally feel that Mahindra Engineering has done a bad job with the new design. It looks like a terrible failure of genetics when someone had this wonderful thought to cross the bolero with the Scorpio.

I seriously think the firms which have hired or planning to hire Mahindra for designing will have some second thoughts now.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 23rd September 2014 at 04:57. Reason: correction
Old 23rd September 2014, 05:45   #714
Senior - BHPian

I like this facelift. You see, the face is only lifted and everyone is liking it. I like it too.
The rear-lift does have major cramped up stuff. Wish it gels with darker shades.

While my upgrade wishlist (another 3 years down the line) consists of XUV, I was really hoping to see the new Scorpio faring well (because it would fit my budget better than the XUV). But seems like I would have to stretch my budget for XUV.

Surprisingly, the new interiors of Scorpio did not excite me well either. Definitely a notch above the existing boring interiors, but I was expecting darkish options with ambient lighting (asking too much, ehh ?).

Nevertheless Manhindra for bringing a much needed refresh.
Old 23rd September 2014, 08:17   #715
BHPian

I can make do with the changes to the front. Rear seems ugly. Then I downloaded the image and did some edits to see how it looks in my preferred black color. Well.. Its just fine..

As long as they have fixed the ride quality, interiors etc. this might just sell well..
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:31   #716
Senior - BHPian

Is it technically feasible to change the steering wheel from this new one to old one? Please don't stare at me for this odd question. I really like this steering wheel better than the existing one.

BTW, Rushing to the show room and buying the current model for about a 70K discount should be a very good option for those who still love Scorpios.

Last edited by agbenny : 23rd September 2014 at 09:37.
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:48   #717
BANNED

The backside of the current scorpio is an epitome of ugliness. So anything else would always be better. Hence, in a way am already liking the new backside of the next generation scorpio.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:14   #718
BHPian

They could have tested it without the camouflage and badges, nobody would have known.
AJITHAAA is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:58   #719
BHPian

Hi

I saw the New Scorpio, white in Color being driven by dressed technician, probably the showroom guys.
Let me tell you it looks much better than what we have in picture.
Probably the centre nose portion is a bit dark but it could do well with chrome. I am sure we will have plenty of chrome accessories all around.
Also the Top end of new scorpio would be priced more than W6 of XUV 500.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:05   #720
Senior - BHPian

I like the following about the feature list:
  • 17" wheels: Looks better
  • 4x4 in base variant: an affordable family 4WD SUV
  • Sliding middle row: I guess, even the older Scorpio had this. I hope they have increased the travel in this one.
  • Airbags and ABS even in the mid S6 Plus variant
  • Projector headlamps
  • Automatic A/C
  • Touchscreen double din unit with GPS
  • LED DRLs
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks