Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 23:09   #841

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Any photos of the 4x4 knob on the Scorpio? Is it a rotary dial like the Storme? I did not find any photos on the website?
It is the same knob and in the same position (on the floor console near the parking brake) as the current Scorpio.
Old 25th September 2014, 23:13   #842
BHPian

As per the webcast, there should another option in S4 4wd + Safety package. Anyone got the pricing of this from any dealer. Webcast screenshot below:

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-variants.jpg
Old 25th September 2014, 23:37   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Any photos of the 4x4 knob on the Scorpio? Is it a rotary dial like the Storme? I did not find any photos on the website?
Here's the 4x4 knob. Found it when going through the accessories brochure.

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-4wd.jpg
gypsyFreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 23:52   #844
BHPian

If M&M wanted one thing to make a statement with the refresh, that is road presence. The first version of the Scorpio did it, this will do so too. However, I am wondering why the refreshed great box did not get the 6th taller notch? Differentiation from the XUV, I guess not, may be cost, but that would have really rounded off the new gen.
Old 25th September 2014, 23:53   #845
BHPian

Mahindra has done a good job, if not fantastic, in this long awaited refresh of the ever so popular scorpio. It looks smashing in black.
I always hated the interiors of the old scorpio, dull boring ugly to look at (no offence to the current owners). But this time they have done a commendable job, the interiors look classy including the blue illumination. The color scheme should have been black and beige instead of black and grey, would have added to the wow factor and also because we indians love beige in our cars :-D
The awd variant priced similar to the Duster's awd variant, now that should be an interesting battle. I think the scorpio will take this one.
Old 26th September 2014, 00:38   #846
BHPian

Hello all,
I happened to see the new Scorpio today at NBS Mumbai . The front looks nice and macho .
But the rear is extremely busy with things which don't look cohesive or well thought at all .
The fit and finish is very very good specially the interiors but the quality of plastics used is very hard and no soft touch stuff .
The car look wise leaving aside the front and back look exactly same like the out going model .
No offence but the car does not look premium IMHO , its the same old rugged utility vehicle .
IMHO black color will look solid .
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img20140925165349.jpg  

al pacino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 02:21   #847
Team-BHP Support

The reviews are out - And it looks like they have improved the mechanical package. If only they had concentrated on the looks as well!

Funny thing though - both reviews seem to have rather contrasting opinions regarding gearbox, diesel clatter etc for example.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 05:36   #848
BHPian

and the new TVC. I understand it is a butch SUV, but Mahindra does not believe in any subtlety i guess. To each his own, perhaps. Thought of sharing.

Old 26th September 2014, 07:36   #849
Senior - BHPian

This will surely reduce the duster and safari traffic. Sorry Tata and Renault.

Anyone taken a test drive? Hows the body roll on the No Roads we have in karnataka?

Maddy
Old 26th September 2014, 07:54   #850
Senior - BHPian

The car looks fantastic in Red, Blue and it looks killer in black.
I think the design grows on you over a period of time.
Old 26th September 2014, 08:10   #851
BHPian

I feel very let down by the refresh. The boxy front when seen with camouflage had a lot of promise almost like the Charger/Mustang fronts. The final result seems like an old bull dog with false teeth only on its lower jaw projecting out. The teeth or claws on the grille just seem silly. Maybe a better mesh grille will make it a bit better. Another thought I had was that this refresh makes the XUV500 design seem pretty decent !
sjcherian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 08:20   #852
Senior - BHPian

I prefer black as it hides the ugly design at the rear to a great extent. I hope the body roll and ride comfort at the rear is improved. My family hates Scorpio after using the first generation one for long durations. I like Scrorpio as a very practical SUV with great torque.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 08:31   #853
BHPian

I saw the Autocar video review on Bloomberg last night.

I am very impressed over all. It looks a lot better than the earlier "sneak" photos suggested.

Most importantly, Autocar showed the chassis. And one important information, there is a new safety member, part of the new chassis, in front which is expected to clear the Scorpio in crash tests. Very important feature that hasn't got the publicity it should be given!

I love it: front, back, and inside, and mostly the important mechanicals!

Only one point; I guess I must be the only person on the planet who likes the window controls where they are now, in the centre. Don't shoot me, I have my Scorpio for 3 years now and I love that position.

Wish you success Mahindra, here's a repeat buyer checking in!

Last edited by Damu : 26th September 2014 at 08:32. Reason: added little in the chassis bit
Old 26th September 2014, 08:34   #854
BHPian

To me the front looks good and(some how) way better than what it looked like in the spy shots,but the rear is just plain ugly,the same old shape of the tail lamps and the rear door and that black strip is just horrible.
But the TV commercial is pretty good,though a bit vague,one moment he is pulling a horse the suddenly he's in the mountains and the aircraft,there is always some sort of an aircraft in scorpio commercials(remember the on with the chopper)
Watching M&M's awesome SUV commercials I can't help but think what were people of Toyota thinking when they made that weird commercial of the Fortuner facelift roaming around in an animated city.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:15   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
A little birdie says 2014 Scorpio is now a monocoque design.
I think the birdie you are referring to is called Cuckoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I can vouch for the fact that each and every iteration of the Scorpio was better than the previous one.
So, to summarize, Mahindra has slowly and steadily improved the Scorpio over the years... and what I do hope is that the mechanical changes have transformed the ride quality and handling to a great extent.
I owned the Previous gen mhawk 4x4 scorpio. I had some gripes with it, but I agree with you that Mahindra spares no effort in constantly improving it's products, unlike a certain other company which moves at a snails pace to improve it's flagship product while sparing no effort to constantly upgrade their yellow board cars...

Apart from a couple of clutch failues that have been addressed, the biggest gripe with my scorpio was the ride and handling. If the lastest scorpio has addressed this bugbear, then I think it is a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
No Tini, the sales advisor here confirmed that S4 does not have ABS.
Cheers,
Deepak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
4WD drive available in S4 (LX) and S10 (VLX)

Safety package - ABS+Dual airbags optional on S4,S6. Standard on S8,S10.

From webcast.

EDIT:
Price

Attachment 1292186
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Excellent; so now we can have S4 with ABS and Airbags and 4WD as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
It seems dual airbags are available only S8 onwards. Screenshot below from mahindras' website. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachment 1292334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Is ABS and Airbags optional on S4? I keep hearing that in the posts earlier in the thread but there is no mention of it in the Mahindra site. If it is indeed offered, it is great news. Else the price goes north of 10L which brings in significant cost in Taxes etc.
If they could bring in the price of S4 under 10 lakhs, there is an immediate on the road savings of 50K in most states life tax rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
As per the webcast, there should another option in S4 4wd + Safety package. Anyone got the pricing of this from any dealer. Webcast screenshot below:

Attachment 1292409

Besides the webast there is no other information about the S4 4x4 with optional safety pack (ABS & Air Bags). If safety pack is unavailable on the S4 4x4, it is a deal breaker for me and probably for a number of you as well.

It would be great if anyone could post some concrete information on this. If available, I will probably book one asap.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks