Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2017, 15:13   #481
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Earlier today, my dad received a call from SC Ford, Malad, informing him that they will display the EcoSPort officially on 2 November, and start with the bookings on the same day, while the pricing will be declared on 9 November. There could be a small launch event on 2 Nov where I guess they will invite a select few old customers. Since we have two generations of the diesel Figo, it looks like we may get invited for the launch. If that happens, I will surely click some pictures for this group.
The booking amount would be 25K. He did not mention anything about the tentative delivery dates.
I found it pretty weird that they are planning to announce the pricing details 1 week after the launch.
spectre13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 15:16   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Seriously speaking, had I been in market for a compact SUV, I would have definitely gone in for an Automatic Petrol Ecosport. Sadly, I just can't do anything about it as I'm a proud owner of a Brezza but nevertheless, the factors that would have ticked in favor of Ecosport would be -

*Supposedly better build quality.
*Petrol AT with paddle shifters.
*6 airbags (if they're there).

Last heard, the service is improving with Ford, can't say the same for Maruti though.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 17:38   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Official page of the 2017 EcoSport facelift is now up and running:

https://www.india.ford.com/all-new-ecosport-kmi/

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg

No details are posted yet. Just a "share your details and we will keep you informed" foreground is seen, for now.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 18:09   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

I heard that the Auto transmission is not the dual clutch DCT box in the older car but a conventional 6 speed torque converter. Must be a cost saving measure, since DCT will be more complex and expensive to build. I hope this has not taken away from shift quality and speed and smoothness of the drive. Autocar has only driven the petrol MT, so that have not commented about the AT.
Old 26th October 2017, 18:11   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
I found it pretty weird that they are planning to announce the pricing details 1 week after the launch.
Probably they would do a last moment optimization of pricing based on the demand generated as suggested by the bookings.
Hope it turns out good for us
Old 26th October 2017, 18:26   #486
BHPian

Been tracking the media launch on twitter and there has been absolutely nothing which has caught my eye. In fact only couple of news outlets have reported on it.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...elift/61238581

http://www.firstpost.com/auto/featur...s-4177577.html

Anybody else has more details on it?
Old 26th October 2017, 22:08   #487
BHPian

Here's some news about the pricing, which I have verified from two sources, second one being just now.

The petrol automatic titanium version is slated to be launched at Rs 9,99,600 in Delhi - just shy of that demonic 10 lakh price tag, which adds extra tax.

This was confirmed to me by a guy from Autoportal and then someone from a Ford dealership too. I was told post registration and insurance price would touch around Rs 11 lacs for the model in Delhi.

No other info about other models or variants. I was told this because I had pre-booked the same model last week.
Vish_Janu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 23:04   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post

The petrol automatic titanium version is slated to be launched at Rs 9,99,600 in Delhi - just shy of that demonic 10 lakh price tag, which adds extra tax.
While this explains why some features are missing, this is killer pricing and should see a good amount of sales. Maruti Suzuki Brezza has no petrol and Nexon turbocharged petrol is the only competition in this segment. A naturally aspirated petrol will sell more than a turbocharged petrol. Great days ahead for the Ford Ecosport Dragon Petrol
Old 26th October 2017, 23:10   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
That's the exact same ex-showroom price of the 1.5L Titanium AT of the present-gen EcoSport.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ec.jpg

If that's an indication, looks like the EcoSport will be offered in the same pricing range as the existing generation - Rs 7.31 lakhs to Rs 10.92 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 23:25   #490
BHPian

I just hope they don't skimp on titanium plus features including 4 extra airbags and other goodies, or else it would be a lost cause for me, I have been waiting to upgrade to ecosport automatic for six months. I don't want them to give step motherly treatment to the automatic variant. Please ford please.
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 23:34   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
That's the exact same ex-showroom price of the 1.5L Titanium AT of the present-gen EcoSport..
Interesting! In that case why should the existing features like airbags be deleted in this version? More so as it is being told that dragon series engine is cheaper to produce compared to the outgoing 1.5 ltr ones. Are the other additions like touch screen etc so costly compared to airbags and associated systems? Anyways, not a good idea to bring in creature comfort features at the expense of safety features
bijubalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 10:31   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Interesting! In that case why should the existing features like airbags be deleted in this version? More so as it is being told that dragon series engine is cheaper to produce compared to the outgoing 1.5 ltr ones. Are the other additions like touch screen etc so costly compared to airbags and associated systems? Anyways, not a good idea to bring in creature comfort features at the expense of safety features
I think there is a change in a gearbox as well, which could have changed the price points.
Regardless, we should wait for the official prices, before jumping the gun.
Old 27th October 2017, 10:38   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I think there is a change in a gearbox as well, which could have changed the price points.
Regardless, we should wait for the official prices, before jumping the gun.
Isn't the previous DCT costly than the torque converter which will be offered in the update ?
Old 27th October 2017, 10:40   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
we should wait for the official prices, before jumping the gun.
Yea.. agree.. It would be nice if there is a fully loaded titanium+ automatic as well. Did not see that in the presentation slide though. May be that comes later.
Old 27th October 2017, 10:48   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Isn't the previous DCT costly than the torque converter which will be offered in the update ?
I did not find any specific literature on the web to suggest that a DCT is always more expensive than a Torque converter unit.
Cost could depend on the design of components, quality, and materials used.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks