Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 23:39   #541
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The new EcoSport's cabin (looks like the MID display size is for the Titanium, plus the steering wheel doesn't have Cruise Control buttons on the bottom left):

And that small-sized MID houses the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System!
Also, if the bottom left in the MID display is any indication, the petrol AT will be offered in the Titanium trim.

Above all, notice the very different MID display in this official presentation slide? The steering wheel has paddle shifts and cruise control buttons on the bottom left.

Going by the two images above, can we conclude that the 1.5L 3-cylinder Dragon petrol engine, mated to the 6-speed Torque Converter automatic transmission, will be offered in both Titanium AND Titanium+ variants?!
RavenAvi, looks like Ford has taken that presentation MID screenshot from the US/Brasilian version, notice the aircon design on the left.

If that MID is coming on Titanium+ i'll buy that in AT, otherwise may stick to Titanium AT.

Hate that puny little crappy MID. arrghhh!!!
Vish_Janu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 23:56   #542
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Pardon ignorance, but are there any changes expected in boot space for the good? I know overall size would be under 4 meter only but any leverage expected due to smart packaging?
Old 30th October 2017, 00:02   #543
BHPian

The boot space has decreased marginally (by about fifteen litres).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
For the well informed customer, that should not even be an option at this point, given how wrong you are about the facelift model not being different enough. The front and the ICE are only the most visible among a raft of changes, the most notable among them being a new engine and automatic transmission. In fact, if you consider it carefully, you'll realise that Ford has gone all out to try and address every single complaint in the outgoing model that they could without making major changes to the underlying platform of the car, which is more than I expect from any facelift. Here's a rundown:

Engine:

Headlights:

ICE:

Steering:

Suspension:

Transmission:
I forgot two very important marquee features that have been added to the incoming car: Cruise Control and Paddle Shifters. Both are major additions that significantly improve the drivability of the car.

The Titanium+ trim has automatic headlamps (with a follow me home function) and rain sensing wipers. I did not know that the outgoing car did not have either of those. I love these automatic features!

I also hadn't realised that there's a completely new automatic climate control system on offer, which is supposed to be an improvement on the already excellent existing one (see attached image; source). This is a tremendous update!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dnucuf5uqaa__9x.jpg  

Last edited by aryayush : 30th October 2017 at 00:24.
aryayush is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 00:20   #544
BHPian

Quote:
I also hadn't realised that there's a completely new automatic climate control system on offer, which is supposed to be an improvement on the already excellent existing one (see attached image; source). This is a tremendous update!
Wow !! This all the more eliminates the need of rear Ac vent.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 00:32   #545
BHPian

The Titanium and Titanium+ trims feature an 8-inch touchscreen display that seems to be unbelievably good. The resolution, responsiveness and size of this thing is class leading. Here's a video of it in operation. It looks quite slick!
aryayush is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 08:22   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I like the Ecosport for its maneuverability, but it has a really bad low end response (Diesel). You have to floor the throttle to make it move at low RPMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
A bit but
I would humbly defer from that statement.Flooring the pedal does not work with EcoSport. It is actually counter productive.
Even I beg to differ with Nissa1180 and second that what Jude300 had mentioned. You can verify this on Ecosport official review. I admit that I haven't driven this vehicle extensively but few thousand Km's on city traffic. If you ask me two good things about the engine, first the engine noise (relative to VW / Honda), at times it will be hard to mention a diesel power mill is working under the hood, second on a light foot how the engine responds even at a lower RPM, I felt the power was building linearly and not the exponential surge you usually notice with turbos coming in.
Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 08:31   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
I need help that which variant to go for, whether petrol or diesel.
Though, presently my running is under 800-900 km per month but since i will be keeping the car for long 7-8 years and not sure in future my running may go up or down.

If petrol, then question comes manual or automatic. I have heard that Automatics give really bad mileage.

I am choosing ecosport for safety reasons but at the same time want to keep running cost minimum.
I too have the same dilemma. Friends, please throw in your thoughts.
Old 30th October 2017, 09:09   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
I too have the same dilemma. Friends, please throw in your thoughts.
I have an Ecosport AT, with the famous Dual Clutch Transmission, trust me 90% of the time maintenance costs are directly proportionate as to how a owner takes care of his ride. That being said, touch wood, the Ecosport is going about doing its work silently and not causing any maintenance nightmares. In fact I feel maintenance is cheaper than my dad's Wagon R.
Chillout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 09:25   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
I also hadn't realised that there's a completely new automatic climate control system on offer, which is supposed to be an improvement on the already excellent existing one
Wow, 25 minutes to cool such a small car! Half of the city commute would be done by then.
I wonder how bad it is now or how much time other cars take.

Perhaps the lack of a rear AC vent does have its shortcomings
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 09:54   #550
BHPian

This article over at Autocar confirms that there will be a Titanium S version of the Ecosport, probably at launch itself.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-406397

The second image confirms that Auto wipers are indeed coming to ES's automatic model. Note the paddle shifters and stalks.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-capture.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-stalks.jpg  

Last edited by Vish_Janu : 30th October 2017 at 09:55.
Vish_Janu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 09:54   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Wow, 25 minutes to cool such a small car! Half of the city commute would be done by then.

this actually is pretty substantial, if you think about it. Don't take this the way it sounds, I hope i made sense there. the cabin temperature = 25 degrees is pretty good, Most cars in the same segment or more spacious would not even touch 30 degrees ( ambient cabin temperature ), even with the rear ac vents, though the temperature at the vents would be much lower. Also i believe they test this while the car is stationary not moving, In case the car is moving the result would be much faster. For reference kindly look at this post.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/f...an-hatchbacks/

Last edited by blurust : 30th October 2017 at 09:56. Reason: spelling mistakes
blurust is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 10:30   #552
Senior - BHPian

All good except for one thing, the instrument cluster design. It looks like they lifted it off the old 118NE. Looks dated.

On the plus side, all the new toys have finally made it through and you get a brand new engine.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 10:49   #553
BHPian

Folks, today is the day!

Excited to hear SVP's feedback on auto box as he drives it first.

Also, Kushan has confirmed 2 other important things:

1) Those projector lamps beam white light

2) There is a Titanium+ variant for ES Auto

Also, the Autocar review is up on their website now
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-406389
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg  

Last edited by Vish_Janu : 30th October 2017 at 10:52.
Vish_Janu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 11:00   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
All good except for one thing, the instrument cluster design. It looks like they lifted it off the old 118NE. Looks dated.

On the plus side, all the new toys have finally made it through and you get a brand new engine.
Unlike what we were all hoping for, it is confirmed that the crummy monochrome screen for the MID is the only one on offer across all variants. Oh well, it’s a small kink in what is otherwise a spellbinding package.
Old 30th October 2017, 11:06   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

That is from 50 degrees, which is a lot.
I assume this test would have been performed with the only the AC on, with windows rolled up.
There are much quicker ways to cool a cabin, like opening the windows and driving and using fresh air instead of re-circulated air.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks