Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 13:31   #2266
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Never seen so many grown ups crying in unison over a new product by a new company whose not even one vehicle is on road yet. Every company offers products in trims that it feels are best suited to its bottomline, and no amount of cribbing and complaining is going to change that.
Happens very often with the most hated brand in India (at least vocally) Hyundai, and since KIA the sister brand is following suite in India KIA is caught up in the bashing as well. Not to blame this on our country at all, they are bashed far more severely in Europe and America, one wonders how they are selling anything at all. I always felt, if one hates the brand, best avoid it, whether its for any reason at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Just back from Dhone KIA, Pune.
Was shuttled from person to person without any answers. Automatic TD not available today.
KIA really did themselves in with over-publicity thus far, if all answers were made available on the day they were prepared with tight lipped denial until then, there would've been no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
While I agree with you for some extent, what is confusing people (and I am talking about people who have booked/interested in) is the various combinations that this SUV is available in.
True, as a potential buyer, I've decided to wait for a few more months until each and every aspect, niggle, reliability factors are made known by the initial buyers. Its a tough world for initial buyers, I agree.. and advance bookings must be ignored by everyone and as a result the goodies of initial bookings strategy will be withdrawn as well.

Its best to wait and watch in case a buyer is confused and inclined towards another brand. If Jeep Compass is indeed better that should be a no-brainer for purchase, yes the punishment is the extra cost but who on earth has their cake and eats it too?
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 15:05   #2267
BHPian

Went back to the showroom today. I could hardly get a proper look at the car on 3rd August so went back before 10am today to make sure I get some good time with the car. I have booked a GTX DTC, for which TD vehicle is expected to reach by 28th. I ended up taking a short TD on the Diesel manual. I had been planning to check out a few things after having read so many different opinions and views. Here are my observations:

1. The door has a confident thud (not light and tinny) but does not match up to my Rapid

2. The driver seat is comfortable. I am 5'7" and did not find it difficult to find a comfortable driving position

3. The HUD is adjustable and the range is wide. So getting the display in line of vision of a driver of any height should not be a challenge. I checked out the adjustment

4. Back seat space is more than adequate for my family. My kids sit on the back seat. I had ample leg room checking out the back seat behind the driver seat set to my driving position

5. The fit and finish felt premium

6. I will miss the all four one touch up down windows with anti pinch that I have in my Rapid

7. I am not tall by any standard. Even for me the floating touchscreen did not come into my line of vision in any way. Don't know why some people are complaining about it

8. The BOSE speaker system felt average. No regrets with opting for the GTX

9. The mood lights are just too gimmicky. I will keep them turned off. However, the light bar on top of the glove box cant be turned off

Now to the test drive of the diesel:

1. Super refined free revving diesel engine

2. Did not feel any turbo lag

3. NVH levels are extremely good

4. The clutch has a long travel, but is soft. The Rapid diesel's clutch seems to be made of lead in comparison

5. Super smooth gear shifts. absolutely effortless

6. The drive wasn't long enough to comment on the ride quality, but I did cover some broken and pot holed roads. The car seemed well composed even on such surface

I need a few things in my new car

1. An Automatic transmission - preferably dual clutch
2. Six Airbags
3. Hill hold control
4. ABS with EBD, ESP

All this within a budget of 20L OTR

The Seltos GTX DCT is the only thing that fits all these requirements

I wish SKODA Kamiq was an option now. But I have to wait for almost two more years for that. I absolutely need a new car now - driving the Rapid Diesel with a super heavy clutch is getting too strenuous on my left knee!!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th August 2019 at 15:35. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
biplab3110 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 16:03   #2268
BHPian

Today went for test drive. I enjoyed the ride.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190824_154112.jpg

Look at my oldie next to the new Kia.
momsonlydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 16:23   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Today went for test drive. I enjoyed the ride.

Attachment 1908923

Look at my oldie next to the new Kia.
The Seltos looks to be the same height as the SX4 , I don't remember it being so low when I saw it in the flesh.
Old 24th August 2019, 16:31   #2270
BHPian

GTX manual dual tone (white+ black im interested in)with extended 4th and 5th year warranty is coming to be 19.13 on road in Bangalore. For the engine+ features+looks I dont feel its too overpriced, (i was expexting it to be nearly 18 on road though), I have to stretch my already streched budget by one more lakh. May be by buying insurance outside, we can save 10k, and not opting for basic kit can save 8k more. I really dont find any other alternative in that price range with this awesome engine , freshness and feature list.

Just one question, is it worth paying 20k more for dual tone? Or can I get it done from outside?
Old 24th August 2019, 16:44   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post

I need a few things in my new car

1. An Automatic transmission - preferably dual clutch
2. Six Airbags
3. Hill hold control
4. ABS with EBD, ESP

All this within a budget of 20L OTR
Why not the MG Hector Petrol DCT Sharp?
Old 24th August 2019, 16:54   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Why not the MG Hector Petrol DCT Sharp?
I am sceptical of the Chinese lineage of the Brand and the car. Plus, it is too big for me.
biplab3110 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 16:54   #2273
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

I saw the Seltos HTK+ today, and frankly could not understand the buzz. kudos to the digital marketing team, because the product clearly needs it. I have driven Creta for a week very recently over 1000kms, so wanted to see this supposedly upgraded Creta. Thinner metal, hard plastic all around and irrelevant interior design shticks like block of media player definitely did not feel like an upgrade. The 33 liters increase in boot space is not perceivable above Creta. In fact boot and passenger doors shut with a shudder not seen in Creta. Just bang your knuckles around and you will wonder whether Maruti has supplied the metal, even on the engine bonnet. In silver color, the flamboyant design appears meek.

Interior space again is extremely similar to Creta. The upcoming bubbly exterior Creta atleast has different design elements such as waterfall console. Here it just looks some different form, not all new.

In my view, buyers should not believe the online reviews, but see the vehicle with their own eyes, back to back with comparable Creta version. In fact after 6 years, especially with a strong brand name and country wide network, Creta is a far better package than being a beta tester for a new engine and betting on a new company hoping its only product will be a hit.

Last edited by ani_meher : 24th August 2019 at 16:58.
ani_meher is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 17:03   #2274

Price list from Kia - Shreenath (Mumbai)

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190824_165547.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190824_165420.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2019 at 08:13. Reason: Correcting image orientation
rev_head2399 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 17:26   #2275
BHPian

So as planned I went to two kia dealerships in Delhi today , Sparsh Kia in Motinagar & Speedingo Kia at Patparganj . As predicted neither had any automatic variants of the Seltos available but claimed they would be arriving after 5th September . Attached below is a price list for Speedingo Kia at Patparganj, do note the optional extras topple out at 12500 INR .
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-new-doc-20190824-15.35.52_1.jpg  

Old 24th August 2019, 17:37   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
So as planned I went to two kia dealerships in Delhi today , Sparsh Kia in Motinagar & Speedingo Kia at Patparganj . As predicted neither had any automatic variants of the Seltos available but claimed they would be arriving after 5th September . Attached below is a price list for Speedingo Kia at Patparganj, do note the optional extras topple out at 12500 INR .
Dhingra kia at gurgaon has an automatic to test drive. You might want to look there if you wish to.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 17:42   #2277
BHPian

After seeing so many posts about the build quality had to write some points from my judgment of the Seltos’s built during my showroom visit and TD.
Well Seltos is one strange car in terms of built.

1.All 4 doors do feel flimsy. The ‘thud’ is more of a ‘thak’.

2. Bonnet is very solid and is super heavy to lift. Heavier than a Creta.

3. Same is the case with tail gate. It feels solid on knuckling and closes with a very European thud.

4. My area is prone to monkey menace and i am very much concerned about how solid the roof is while buying a new car. Unlike Marutis the roof of Seltos doesn’t flex on pressing it with hand. It is ribbed and feels very rigid.

5. Rear bumper plastic is solid and the front bumper one a little less. Side claddings are cretaish ,not so solid.

6. Interior plastics are hard. Plastic quality is not Jeep Compass levels but neither entry level hatch cheap. Steering, stalks and buttons felt nice to touch.

All in all Seltos passes my built quality test fairly. Such quality cars can easily sustain a 20 year ownership with proper care but not with heavy abuse. Rest to each his own. Cheers!!
hydraulicsteer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 19:20   #2278
BHPian

This one's from Advaith KIA - Bengaluru.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-advaith-kia-blr.jpg  

Old 24th August 2019, 19:42   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
The Seltos looks to be the same height as the SX4 , I don't remember it being so low when I saw it in the flesh.
It actually is not that BIG and looks very normal, from an overall form perspective. I would say their marketing team has done a good job of creating a hype for such an expensive vehicle.

I would any day buy a Hexa Automatic over this if I have to pay 20 lakh+ Onroad price for Seltos DCT. More space, excellent ride and build quality, and the hexa sports mode blows you away in the first drive itself.
dadu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 20:00   #2280
BHPian

So the GTX+ dct was printed on the catalog that I recieved. The car is booked in steel silver. He said the prices are not revealed and it is estimated at 16.99L (obvious calculations).

The lower varient HTK+ was present. The doors felt alittle light in the rear compared to the front. I don't know if that's with the bose speaker.

The fabric seats were comfortable but the rear bench looked alittle cheap with no armrest and 2 fixed headrest. The wheel and tire felt lost in the wheel arch. The dealer told me that there is a difference in tire and wheel size as well as their brand. GT trims are offered with Good Year Tire.

Whatever, I'm happy with the GTX+ trim. And the lower trims don't look that bad unlike other manufacturers. By the way the steel color looks like this:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190824_165414.jpg

Importantly, as I promised - I have tried the enter console wobble test!
I took hold of the center console and shook it with all my strength. I was surprised that it didn't move nor any part came off. It was moving the entire car. Must say, the fit and finish is amazing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190824_165414.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1908980

I noticed a hole on the door in HTK+ varient. I am not sure if that is in the GT varient as I forgot to check it out. Must be a space for ambient lighting. It's not a deal breaker.
Edit: It's in all varient. I noticed there is a screw.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190824_162923.jpg

Atleast it's not stupidly priced like the Creta. I feel it doesn't offer much with price. As a consumer I am selecting Kia because I want to make full use of the introductory prices.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190824_162411.jpg  

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 24th August 2019 at 20:15.
momsonlydriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks