Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 22:07   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
You would get some buyback value for any battery in whatever condition.
Yes, the dealer HAS to take-back the old battery as per govt. laws. This is to ensure that it is disposed off properly. I think Battery manufacturers include the cost of this in the new ones in the first place.

Just a few days back I bought Amaron for my Civic-AT. My old OEM SF left me stranded on the highway after 2.75 years and at 57K kms. Hope my Amaron lasts longer. (Their advertisement says 'Lasts Long, Really Long!')

Last edited by manim : 1st March 2010 at 22:13.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:11   #182
MDe
BHPian

My Exide served me well for 5 years 4 months on my Santro. Now its giving up and so I have decided to change. Based on the all negative feedback that I read on the threads, I am opting for Amaron FLO. In exchange of my Exide, the dealer is quoting 3400 for it in Hyderabad with a 4 year warranty (2 yr replacement + 2 yr pro-rated). Need inputs to decide if my choice is a good idea for a change.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:10   #183
Senior - BHPian

This might be wrong thread to post my query, but, i didnot found a better place:

"What happens if my WARRANTY CARD of battery is lost and my battery goes bad in the warranty period. Do i have any alternate methods for claiming warranty."
Old 12th March 2010, 12:15   #184
BHPian

i am using amaron battery since last 1 year,
I am using after market fog lights with relay,
90/100 halonix tubes with relay,
a 600 watts amp,
I feel that the head light is a little dull, as compared to other cars (a zen) ? I have checked with the mechanics, alternator is working fine, battery is still powerful..what else can be wrong? one headlight is running without the rubber seal, and has some dust in it..but I dont think that would be the reason ??
Old 14th March 2010, 13:58   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
This might be wrong thread to post my query, but, i didnot found a better place:

"What happens if my WARRANTY CARD of battery is lost and my battery goes bad in the warranty period. Do i have any alternate methods for claiming warranty."
You can still try to make the warranty claim by the manufacturing date. You can find some codes which can be deciphered into manufacturing date !
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:27   #186
BHPian

What is the basic difference between Amaron FLO and Amaron GO? And which one is better for long run?
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:09   #187
BHPian

FLO - 48months warranty, Zero maintenance
GO - 36months warranty, Maintenance free

As suggested by their warranty, FLO should have better life
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:36   #188
BHPian

I have been using Amaron for almost 5 years now. My OEM battery went dead within 6 months. The time has come to replace the Amaron now and TASS suggesting to go for Exide which I am really not willing to do.
I will go for the replacement in next few days and its going to Amaron, why because it lasts long, really long
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:00   #189
BHPian

My car M800 is running on Amaron battery.

Sometime back, one day my dad parked the car in airport for a journey. At night when he returned he realized that he forgot to switch off the park bulbs.
The battery was dead. We used another battery to start the car and then replaced the dead battery. By the time we reached home which is 35kms from airport, the Amaron battery got fully charged.

Long live Amaron betteries .

Cheers,
Jose.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:07   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

I got these price quote for the Battery for Tata Safari:

FLO :7900 : 4year

High :5435: 2 year

Fresh: 5200: 1 year

I am thinking of getting the High one ( I will get 700Rs for my old battery).

Is there anything else I need to check?

Think Safari's current battery is 95c/31r (?)
Old 20th September 2010, 15:34   #191
BHPian

Yesterday, I bought a sealed Pro Bike Rider battery. Now, before sending me off with the new battery. The sales guy checked the battery by getting it out from it's package and putting the multimeter on it's terminals. The voltage read roughly 12.46V. Is it OK?
Shouldn't it be 14 something?
Old 20th September 2010, 15:52   #192
BHPian

I have owned about 10 cars over a 25 years period. All bought new.

They came with Exide OEM and I had to replace them by the third year.

My current car came with an Amaron and I am happy to state that after 4 1/2 years it is still going strong.

I use the a/c all the time, have an amp in the boot and Phillips rally bulbs...

I will definitely buy another and agree wholeheartedly with their slogan...
Old 20th September 2010, 15:57   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

I got Amaron Flo 105D31L for my Tucson - Rs. 7000.

BTW, the amaron website is really crap - it's impossible to get any specs list from there. The Federal batteries Australia website lists Amaron batteries, there it shows that 105D31L is 80Ah battery. The dealer here told me it's 95Ah, while someone on T-BHP (on the other battery thread) claims this one to be 75Ah!!!
Old 20th September 2010, 18:19   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Yesterday, I bought a sealed Pro Bike Rider battery. Now, before sending me off with the new battery. The sales guy checked the battery by getting it out from it's package and putting the multimeter on it's terminals. The voltage read roughly 12.46V. Is it OK?
Shouldn't it be 14 something?
No way. 14 something is what you should get if the battery is on the bike and bike is running. I can't recall offhand what the voltage of fully charged Amaron should be, but IIRC its 12.6 (at least for car batts). So your reading still seems to be a bit low. But again I'm not sure if its lower for bike batteries. Hope you have not bought an old battery.
Old 26th October 2010, 10:20   #195
BHPian

My stock battery on Ikon Flair is more than 5 years (5 years and 3 months) and now looking to replace it. Pls let me know from where in Bangalore I can get the Amaron battery for Ikon ? Which one I need to go for and what shlould be the current rating?

I stays near Sarjapur road and is there any dealer near Sarjapur Road ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks