Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 23:22   #3766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Zenster, Are you using Higher Watt Bulbs on your current set up ?
Yeah, I am. Zens come standard with 60/65W bulbs and I have fitted 90/100. Need to get some thing better if it doesn't ruin anything else as i do a lot was night driving.
Old 9th March 2010, 11:14   #3767
Senior - BHPian

Anyone heard of a brand called Narva?

The dealer claimed it to be better than Phillips (as you can never be sure its genuine) and it worked out cheaper than Flosser too.
Old 9th March 2010, 12:10   #3768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post

The dealer claimed it to be better than Phillips (as you can never be sure its genuine) and it worked out cheaper than Flosser too.
It belongs to Phillips IIRC. Mag used to have those.
Old 9th March 2010, 12:11   #3769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
It belongs to Phillips IIRC. Mag used to have those.
Alright, but are they any good?
Old 9th March 2010, 13:36   #3770
BHPian

Hi,

I have upgraded my stock lights to 100/90 with hella relays and cutout. The light throw is brilliant and there is a considerable difference than the stock ones(Wagon R VXI). But there is still a doubt, so it will be great if you guys help me out.

After going through the forums I got to know that ceramic holders are also required for the same. So I called MASS(I got the kit installed from them) to confirm whether the holders come as part of the hella kit. He said there was no ceramic holder but the bulb is directly attached to the relay and it’s a new cutout kit given by the company. He also said it will not affect the holder. I asked him what if the heat generated melts the holder and he replied saying that it will not happen. There is also a 1 year guarantee with the kit.

So am not sure whether to fix the holders or the new kits doesn’t require that. Please advice..

Thanks,
Rohan
Old 9th March 2010, 14:07   #3771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post

I had used these in my esteem for about 10 months then changed to philips. Later changed the same narva to zen and then replaced with philips. I felt philips were better for the same wattage.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:12   #3773
BHPian

Dont worry about that, some call it Holder some cutout, actually its the part to which Bulbs attach.

The default ones are nomrally black and the one with hella kit are orange and that is what they call as ceramic.

I had asked a battery shop to give the ceramic holders and it was the same thing which was already fitted with Hella Relay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose15 View Post
Hi,

I have upgraded my stock lights to 100/90 with hella relays and cutout. The light throw is brilliant and there is a considerable difference than the stock ones(Wagon R VXI). But there is still a doubt, so it will be great if you guys help me out.

After going through the forums I got to know that ceramic holders are also required for the same. So I called MASS(I got the kit installed from them) to confirm whether the holders come as part of the hella kit. He said there was no ceramic holder but the bulb is directly attached to the relay and it’s a new cutout kit given by the company. He also said it will not affect the holder. I asked him what if the heat generated melts the holder and he replied saying that it will not happen. There is also a 1 year guarantee with the kit.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:14   #3774
BHPian

Guys, can anyone help me on Bi-xenon HID? as how much the whole installation will cost, and some places where I can lookout for them in bangalore?
Old 9th March 2010, 14:25   #3775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
I had used these in my esteem for about 10 months then changed to philips. Later changed the same narva to zen and then replaced with philips. I felt philips were better for the same wattage.
Thanks for your inputs!

WoW thanks a lot for using the search feature for me sir!

I've picked up H1 100W Yellow light bulbs for my Hi Beam and a H7 85W for my Lo Beam. Lets see how things look, will post before and pics of the install.

Costed me 650 for the Lo beam pair and 300 for the Hi beam pair, from JC Road, Bangalore!

Last edited by praful : 9th March 2010 at 14:27.
Old 9th March 2010, 18:55   #3776
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i am in Uk now, comming back in Leicester, I have a 2008 white swift VDI, I need to buy some stuff for her from here and i have made a list. Please help me out.

I want Bi-Xenons and I am going to fix them on stock headlights, Is that fine?
Bi - Xenons because i want Hi beam as well Low beam in Xenon's, Recommend a kit which i can buy, what head range ?

I want fog lights with Halo rings. Below I am Attaching a picture of the Fog Lights I am looking for. Recommend a bulb for the fog lights too as I think spending on Xenons in fog lights would be too expensive, so a bulb which matches with the colour of the headlights.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-swift-angel-eyes.jpg

Does anyone in Bombay sell these fogs ?

Let me know soon guys, as i have exams/submissions soon and I wont time to buy any of this.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:20   #3777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose15 View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Rohan
Hella Relay kit comes with ceramic holder, so does Bosh and Roots relay kit. The saffron colored bulb holder is nothing but ceramic holder.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:20   #3778
BHPian

Thank you guys.. I can be at peace now
Old 11th March 2010, 18:20   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Guys, i am in Uk now, comming back in Leicester, I have a 2008 white swift VDI, I need to buy some stuff for her from here and i have made a list. Please help me out.

I want Bi-Xenons and I am going to fix them on stock headlights, Is that fine?
Bi - Xenons because i want Hi beam as well Low beam in Xenon's, Recommend a kit which i can buy, what head range ?

I want fog lights with Halo rings. Below I am Attaching a picture of the Fog Lights I am looking for. Recommend a bulb for the fog lights too as I think spending on Xenons in fog lights would be too expensive, so a bulb which matches with the colour of the headlights.
Attachment 303992

Does anyone in Bombay sell these fogs ?

Let me know soon guys, as i have exams/submissions soon and I wont time to buy any of this.
Anyone ??? Help
Old 11th March 2010, 18:28   #3780
BANNED

Hi Guys

can anyone let me know the price of Roolite or light force in chennai?

I also need the details of dealer or variants available in these brands

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks