Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:35   #9241
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Can you post the night time view of the light spread?
Currently i am having 55W fast bright ballast with 4300K HID bulbs for Low Beam. i did posted the pics in this thread earlier. After using for almost an year i feel brightness is reduced.

Sorry for the delay in posting the picture
am uploading two photos
the first is the low beam and the second is with the high beam
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20150819_200737_lls.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20150819_200744_lls.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd August 2015 at 18:16. Reason: Fixed the quote.
ayon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:26   #9242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi Soumen,
Please do share some pictures of xtremevision 130%.
I am also planning to upgrade my duster's High beams. Currently my low beam is Osram HIDs (4300K).
It’s performing exceptionally well, except for heavy rains.
Got the xtremevisions installed finally . They definitely are an improvement over the stock headlights . Had installed white visions for low beam , overall a better illuminated road thanks to the setup .

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 23rd August 2015 at 23:36. Reason: Fixed photo tags
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:46   #9243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post

I am facing battery draining issues since the last month. I was earlier running on analogue ballasts for the HID and decided to shift to digital slim ballasts but the battery drain issue still existed.

I am looking for a solution to this as I use the car at night a lot and in rains, HIDs fail miserably. What can be the cause of the battery drain (i.e. I am not able to operate power windows if I had used HIDs the night before)
the issue may not be related to the headlight unit at all.what is the age of your batteries?have you checked the battery health.may be its time you went for a battery replacement which happens in due course
Old 24th August 2015, 12:46   #9244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
the issue may not be related to the headlight unit at all.what is the age of your batteries?have you checked the battery health.may be its time you went for a battery replacement which happens in due course
Battery is stock that came with the car in 2013 September. Other electricals are working fine (with headlights off) and the car starts at the first crank. After that, power windows don't function (if HIDs were used the night before).

Maybe battery might be due for a replacement as I have covered 75k+ kms and use fan and stereo 90% of the time. Any way to check for this?
Old 24th August 2015, 14:18   #9245
Senior - BHPian

Take the battery to a battery service centre. They will check and let you know the status.
Old 24th August 2015, 18:39   #9246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Take the battery to a battery service centre. They will check and let you know the status.
Visited an FNG to get the battery checked. The person said that battery is in good health, after checking with some voltmeter-kinda thing.

For today, I have exchanged my battery with my friend's week old Amaron battery (from Polo) to check whether the draining issue still exists. I have to return it tommorow.

Will update tommorow after today's night drive with headlights. One question, how much can I expect in exchange of my old battery? Or should I keep it with me (for normal checking of lights/horns during my DIYs) as I assume it has decent juice left?
Old 24th August 2015, 23:17   #9247
Senior - BHPian

Don't change the battery unless there is a problem with it.
Old 25th August 2015, 09:31   #9248
BHPian

UPDATE -
After a drive last night with HIDs on, I encountered the same problem of battery drain in the week old battery (which my friend had exchanged for checking). The power windows didn't function. Started the car after 2-3 long cranks, charged the battery and returned it to the friend.

This means that the battery was not at fault. I am hinting at a problem with either of these -

1. HIDs in foglamps
2. Power windows (front 2 fitted by dealership)

I will get the power windows checked for proper smooth functioning at MASS and if there is no problem with them, I will change to stock halogen foglamps for now. And upgrade later after doing a big debate. What do you guys say?

PS. Not suspecting a problem with the power window as they become functional 8-10 minutes after starting the car and charging the battery.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:05   #9249
Senior - BHPian

The HIDs in the fogs are probably drawing a lot of current. The stock wattage for fogs is much less than the 35w HIDs - I hope you haven't put 55w HIDs in the fogs.
Old 25th August 2015, 11:52   #9250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The HIDs in the fogs are probably drawing a lot of current. The stock wattage for fogs is much less than the 35w HIDs - I hope you haven't put 55w HIDs in the fogs.
The HIDs are 35w 4300k. I thought that the stock fogs are 35w, are they even less than 35w?

I will look for powerful halogens (for foglamps) or branded HIDs as I use foglamps + parking lights mostly in late evening/city drives. I will remove these HIDs when I get a suitable upgrade. Currently at aftermarket shops, I am getting the following options -

1. P8 HIDs for around 8k.
2. LED Fogs for around 6k. (Flimsy built)
3. Powerful (i.e. around 55 or 60w) halogens with upgraded wiring. This will cost under 3k.

What do you think would be a good upgrade? I do atleast 2 hour night drive almost everyday with foglamps on. Also suggest worthy bulbs for Option 3.

Got the power windows checked for any problems in functioning, and they are working fine. The only problem I can find is that the HIDs are consuming battery (during startup as well) more than the halogens.
Old 25th August 2015, 19:30   #9251
BHPian

Hi All,

I own 2014 Verna diesel with projectors. From Day 1 i have been complaining about the throw. its not at all adequate. After beam adjustment at service its kind of ok but not upto the mark. I do lot of highway driving and even my friend on driver's seat complained about the headlights.

Now showroom is suggesting me to change the bulbs. They are also scaring me to change to anything else which might go against the warranty.

Can someone help with this issue. How can i improve the light brightness without compromising the warranty.

Will HIDs be better option. Need details please.
Old 26th August 2015, 12:45   #9252
BHPian

Hi guys. I own a XUV 500 w8, the new variant. On a recent drive I felt that the low beam lights were not powerful enough. Specially since most of the drivers in india drive on full beam. Could you suggest a better and powerful option?
Old 26th August 2015, 14:16   #9253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
UPDATE -
After a drive last night with HIDs on, I encountered the same problem of battery drain in the week old battery (which my friend had exchanged for checking). The power windows didn't function. Started the car after 2-3 long cranks, charged the battery and returned it to the friend.
Did you check the alternator?
Old 27th August 2015, 10:42   #9254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
Hi guys. I own a XUV 500 w8, the new variant. On a recent drive I felt that the low beam lights were not powerful enough. Specially since most of the drivers in india drive on full beam. Could you suggest a better and powerful option?
You can upgrade Low beam with HID kit. As it is going to be plug an play type, no need to worry about warranty.

For High beam you can use OSRAM NB unlimited/ Philips X-treme Vision +130% H7.

If you are not interested in adding HID's then try the same bulbs mentioned above for Low beam as well.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 13:35   #9255
BHPian

I am thinking of switching to HIDs. Any legal issues involved with this.?has any BHPian pulled over by the cops for the same.? Also, i am facing difficulty in deciding which bulbs to choose, 4300k or 6000k or 8000k.? also what power, 35w or 55w.?i came across the following pictures on google, about the color temperature. According to this, i should go for 4300k bulbs. What do you guys suggest.?The images suggesting that till 8000k, its legal to use in the cars. Although, the source is from a UK website.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-color-temp-chart.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-851239570_353.jpg
allien936 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed