Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:52   #9361
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Thanks, Anurag. You seem to have attached a picture of the right side headlight while I have of the left. The plastic screw that I had labeled in my picture seems to be in the same spot as yours, right next to the leveller motor connector, but has a different design. However I tried turning it by hand but it didn't budge. Maybe I need a proper tool or there is some lock in place.
Oops, sorry, I'll attach a picture of the left headlamp for things to get clear.

The screws are same on both headlamps so recheck your headlamp as I feel the one you have marked isn't the screw. Also in your picture, look at the top right corner, "Screw 1" is seen, so look again beside the leveller motor to find a similar screw a.k.a Screw 2.
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:18   #9362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Thanks, Anurag. You seem to have attached a picture of the right side headlight while I have of the left. The plastic screw that I had labeled in my picture seems to be in the same spot as yours, right next to the leveller motor connector, but has a different design. However I tried turning it by hand but it didn't budge. Maybe I need a proper tool or there is some lock in place.
There is a change in the way the adjustment screw is in your swift compared to what anurag has posted. You have to insert a star screw-driver into one of the four holes you see ahead of the cream screw in that picture you have posted. The adjustment gear is inside the hole and the star screw driver must be rotated CW or ACW to adjust the height.

I would suggest you to not simply raise the headlight beam randomly.

Park your car such that there is a wall at least 15-20ft away. Place the leveller in 0 position and in low beam, make a small mark where the cutoff falls on the wall. Now move the leveller to position 2 and now adjust the beam such that the cutoff is raised to the previous 0 marking.

Continue using the car in position 2 and only when you need more throw, change to position 1 or 2. This will prevent excessive glare to oncoming users and you can make better use of the leveller whenever you need better throw.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd November 2015 at 10:19.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 14:16   #9363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There is a change in the way the adjustment screw is in your swift compared to what anurag has posted. You have to insert a star screw-driver into one of the four holes you see ahead of the cream screw in that picture you have posted. The adjustment gear is inside the hole and the star screw driver must be rotated CW or ACW to adjust the height.

I would suggest you to not simply raise the headlight beam randomly.

Park your car such that there is a wall at least 15-20ft away. Place the leveller in 0 position and in low beam, make a small mark where the cutoff falls on the wall. Now move the leveller to position 2 and now adjust the beam such that the cutoff is raised to the previous 0 marking.

Continue using the car in position 2 and only when you need more throw, change to position 1 or 2. This will prevent excessive glare to oncoming users and you can make better use of the leveller whenever you need better throw.
This really helps. Thank you. I thought those holes had a purpose but didn't think it would be to turn the adjuster.

Yes, my plan is to adjust a beams in such a way that the current 0 position moves to 2 so that I have the ability to adjust the throw on the fly in both directions. That is how my brother has adjusted the headlights in his Beat.
Old 3rd November 2015, 02:43   #9364
BHPian

I am looking for input on auxiliary light mount options on a 14' polo. Anyone been that road
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:10   #9365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
I am looking for input on auxiliary light mount options on a 14' polo. Anyone been that road
You can try this thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...odified-4.html.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:04   #9366
BHPian

Guys, I tried searching for the thread but couldn't find it, has anyone here heard from or done business with Lumen Systems based in Banglore? They retrofit & also sell aftermarket lights from Eagle Eyes (based in Taiwan). Their FB page seems good. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:49   #9367
BHPian

Guys, my car's left high beam is not working. I connected the entire setup on the other side and it worked fine. Then I checked the Voltage using multimeter and found that the left side isn't getting any supply from the plug. What could be the issue?
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:50   #9368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
.. has anyone here heard from or done business with Lumen Systems based in Banglore? .
I know one person who has got it from them. Feedback has been good.
Planning to get a retrofit ..
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:52   #9369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I know one person who has got it from them. Feedback has been good.
Planning to get a retrofit ..
Hey that's nice. I'm planning for aftermarket ones. In case you do it before me, I'd love your feedback too if you don't mind.
Old 4th November 2015, 02:16   #9370
BHPian

Lighting upgrade for 2015 Ford Figo Automatic (DTC)

Folks,
I'm getting a new car for my elderly dad. He is 78 years young and still enjoys driving. I decided to get him an automatic to help him extend his driving years by as much as possible While my dad lives in India (Goa specifically), I live in the US, so please excuse my ignorance about getting things done in India.

Not surprisingly, my dad has some issues with driving at night. So I think it would help to upgrade the stock halogens with HIDs. I did it on my VW here in the US and the improvement in the lighting was dramatic.

First of all, would such a mod affect warranty? Is this a function of the local dealership or Ford India? I say that because he does have a good relationship with the local dealer.

Secondly, are there good places to order such parts in India, or should I bring the projectors, HIDs, ballasts etc from the US? I've never worked on Fords before, but when I added HIDs to my VW, I had to use the VAG computer to change some settings on the car computer. What about Fords, and in particular the new Figo?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 4th November 2015, 12:29   #9371
BHPian

What could be the worthy upgrade for headlights on Maruti Ritz? The current OEM set-up is not good at all? There are offers on PayTM, anything that I should pick up? Just need 20% more brightness. TIA.

Last edited by creative420 : 4th November 2015 at 12:32.
Old 4th November 2015, 12:45   #9372
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Lighting upgrade for 2015 Ford Figo Automatic (DTC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
Not surprisingly, my dad has some issues with driving at night. So I think it would help to upgrade the stock halogens with HIDs.
One option is to get a car that is available outside India also, and then get the HID based lamps for that car from outside. Such headlamps can be a direct fit with least modifications. Alternatively, get an AT car that can allow easy addition of aux HID lamps.

Remember to get the Focusing done right so that the lighting doesnt spread. Unless correctly focussed, the effort of putting in the HID will go awaste.

I think many auto accessories shops do the installations. Like was asked on teh prev page here, Lumen Systems is one ..
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:20   #9373
BANNED

Most kits come with jumper clips which the accessory shops chuck away preferring to cut and tape the wires. So watch out on this.
Old 5th November 2015, 12:06   #9374
BHPian

Guys, has anyone here bought HID kits or bulbs from Ali Express?? A pair of H7 bulbs there costs just 550. Is it a good buy?
Old 5th November 2015, 13:26   #9375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Guys, has anyone here bought HID kits or bulbs from Ali Express?? A pair of H7 bulbs there costs just 550. Is it a good buy?
I've been using 2 pairs of H4 bulbs for more than 1.5 years and that have served me well.

Request you don't just go by the price. Look for reviews and rating of seller before you finalise.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks