Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 10:02   #9826
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

My Verna 2015 4S has pathetic lighting despite having 'projectors' . What is the best upgrade option for me, given that I dont want to tamper with warranty and stuff. Will extreme vision +130 do the trick and I assume it is at 55/60 W, so no relay required.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:24   #9827
BANNED

@autotranny; In any case you will be compromising the warranty unless you go the NB+/Ultimate or Philips equivalent route. Once you have decided to do so, take the 35W HID /4300K route.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:43   #9828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
My Verna 2015 4S has pathetic lighting despite having 'projectors' . What is the best upgrade option for me, given that I dont want to tamper with warranty and stuff. Will extreme vision +130 do the trick and I assume it is at 55/60 W, so no relay required.
Installing HID in Verna's projectors is not straight forward since there is no separate wiring which goes to the bulb. The whole assembly (Low beam,high beam,parking ,indicator)is controlled by one single wiring harness that gets plugged into the headlamp assembly. Retrofitting HID will be a messy job. Go for Xtreme vision 130. You will see a good amount of difference
Old 29th April 2016, 11:13   #9829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Get the canbus kit. 4500k will be yellow light with a white tinge. This wont be the effect that you are looking for. If you want the premium "effect", go for 5500k (usually it's advertised as 6000k - pure white light with a blue tinge) but as condor suggested, 4500k will have better visibility. I hope you got the projectors for the TSI .

Thanks yea, I already have the quad projectors from Eagle Eyes installed. Though Its halogen projector, HID works great in that(some Tbhp members have it installed). Whats the difference between halogen and hid projectors?
Old 30th April 2016, 00:32   #9830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Guess what! even TRS has started selling them. Looks like they are selling it without bulbs and I would want your help to understand what bulbs do you use with them in your Ecosport. I'm really not interested in opening up the headlights and getting a projector retrofit so this seems to be a good option now. Kindly share some more details on your installation. I'd want to use Morimoto/Philips/Osram HID with these mini projectors.

Link to the product at TRS:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/cl...l#.VyJmdEdUXMs
I'm afraid I can't be of much help there because I got the stock bulbs (I assume some Chinese make) in the mini projector set up. All I can say is that they are pretty decent, brightness wise, for the moment.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 01:25   #9831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I'm afraid I can't be of much help there because I got the stock bulbs (I assume some Chinese make) in the mini projector set up. All I can say is that they are pretty decent, brightness wise, for the moment.
No worries pal. Just to clear a couple of doubts, did you use a ballast or it was connected to the stock H4 cable? I'm curious to know how the wiring was done in your vehicle.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 06:36   #9832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
Thanks yea, I already have the quad projectors from Eagle Eyes installed. Though Its halogen projector, HID works great in that(some Tbhp members have it installed). Whats the difference between halogen and hid projectors?
Cool. The main difference between them will be the reflector design. Please do check the beam cut off and see that there's no glare. Sometimes HID's wont give a proper output in halogen projectors (depends on the type).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:33   #9833
BHPian

To all experts and Skoda Yeti owner's -
My Yeti is 3 years old & kept in stock without a dime of modification.
Recently, met with a minor roadside incident & the headlight assembly gave away a bit, though no cracks or leaks.
Service center has advised me to replace the entire headlight assembly; I'm absolutely fine to replace, but somewhere I always felt a little under-powered with my Yeti's light throw and visibility.
Therefore, i want to take this opportunity to upgrade my HeadLight system or bulbs or both, & replace with something better.
I'm not an expert in automobiles, therefore find most of the jargons tough to comprehend. Neither i want to give my vehicle to any shop to blindly swap with higher wattage bulbs.
Through team-bhp, a friend introduced me to Vagtune center & they offer a complete upgrade to bi-xenon with AFS - total cost estimated around 1.8 Lacs
I never though the Headlight assembly would be such a costly upgrade.

I'm now wanting to seek advice on what options are available to enhance the light throw and visibility from it's current state. I'm thinking of few options, such as :-
1. Swap with a high wattage (OSRAM or Phillips Nightbreaker) bulb type with additional relays and ceramic holders.
2. Install additional high power off-road type lighting setup (typically from Hella) with independent controls. I don't know if this will really work in Highway since i have no intentions to off-road.
3. Look for a reasonable option to upgrade the entire setup, ofcourse without breaking the bank.

any help in this regard is highly appreciated. Also, refer me to a reliable shop in bangalore where such work can be done ?
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:22   #9834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I'm now wanting to seek advice on what options are available to enhance the light throw and visibility from it's current state
The easiest option is to buy a good H4 HID kit, and replace the halogen bulbs with them. I'm using a Philips 4200k kit, and had to buy additional Morimoto error cancellors to get rid of the bulb fused warning (since HIDs consume less power than the halogens, the car thinks a bulb is fused). Visibility is far improved, and the light is pretty focused too.
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:14   #9835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The easiest option is to buy a good H4 HID kit, and replace the halogen bulbs with them. I'm using a Philips 4200k kit, and had to buy additional Morimoto error cancellors to get rid of the bulb fused warning (since HIDs consume less power than the halogens, the car thinks a bulb is fused). Visibility is far improved, and the light is pretty focused too.

Without projectors doesnt it blind the oncoming traffic with HIDs in reflectors?
I am also in a dilemma as to what should i do to improve the lighting as the stock is not at all sufficient even though i have changed the bulbs to philips xtreme vision +130.
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:33   #9836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Without projectors doesnt it blind the oncoming traffic with HIDs in reflectors?
I am also in a dilemma as to what should i do to improve the lighting as the stock is not at all sufficient even though i have changed the bulbs to philips xtreme vision +130.

Yes. Do not install HID's on reflectors. HID's emit light in all directions which glares oncoming traffic. I have encountered them and it fully blinds anything to my left and ahead. So please avoid them
sid93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 23:16   #9837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
No worries pal. Just to clear a couple of doubts, did you use a ballast or it was connected to the stock H4 cable? I'm curious to know how the wiring was done in your vehicle.
Yes - ballast was used.
Old 2nd May 2016, 23:40   #9838
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a nice upgrade for my Tata Safari Dicor 2008 headlamps.

Currently I have Bosch 100/90W H4 head lamps and which are not adequate for highway driving. Any good options available?

I am not keen on auxillary lamps such as Hella series since it would require drilling the bumper.
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:58   #9839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
To all experts and Skoda Yeti owner's -
My Yeti is 3 years old & kept in stock without a dime of modification.
Recently, met with a minor roadside incident & the headlight assembly gave away a bit, though no cracks or leaks.
Service center has advised me to replace the entire headlight assembly; I'm
Hi,

Can you explain what is the exact nature of damage to the headlight? Stuff like broken plastic mounting points, leakages etc can be repaired.

Rgds
Old 4th May 2016, 19:58   #9840
BHPian

Is it fine if i upgrade the stock headlamps on my Beat D to 100/90? Will there be issues with the extra heat of the bulbs.I suppose the headlamp enclosure is not glass and there is a reflector sort of stuff over the bulbs.
Previously my driving was limited to the city at night so did not feel the need but on the highways the stock feels inadequate.
Any help here on bulb choices for the upgrade will be helpful too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks