Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2019, 16:44   #1696
Distinguished - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,706
Thanked: 3,479 Times
Default Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
How much additional power are we talking? Will I need to swap out the battery or something for this? I'm hoping these won't blow fuses or cause my various LED bulbs to flicker. I've swapped away all halogen bulbs on our Crysta for LEDs.

Apologies for the many questions, I'm relatively new to the electrical portion of automobiles.
They are 5A each so 10A for the pair. Your stock horns will be 6-8 A/pair. No you won't have to swap the battery or anything but it is recommended that you install an auxiliary wiring harness instead of using the factory wire. You will need to consult an auto electrician for installation.

Main reason is you don't splice or cut the factory wiring and the original connectors are retained in case you wish to revert to factory horns. This is important if your car is in warranty.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 17:06   #1697
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 64
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
They are 5A each so 10A for the pair. Your stock horns will be 6-8 A/pair. No you won't have to swap the battery or anything but it is recommended that you install an auxiliary wiring harness instead of using the factory wire. You will need to consult an auto electrician for installation.

Main reason is you don't splice or cut the factory wiring and the original connectors are retained in case you wish to revert to factory horns. This is important if your car is in warranty.

Thank you very much for this valuable information.

The full set including the harness available on Amazon seems to be correct right?

My goal is to keep factory warranty intact so will avoid touching any wires. I'm now wondering if it's even worth doing all this if there's even a chance the warranty will be void. Is the Bosch Symphony going to require all the same?
CrippledLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 17:12   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,706
Thanked: 3,479 Times
Default Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
The full set including the harness available on Amazon seems to be correct right?
Yep, that's the kit.

Quote:
My goal is to keep factory warranty intact so will avoid touching any wires. I'm now wondering if it's even worth doing all this if there's even a chance the warranty will be void. Is the Bosch Symphony going to require all the same?
The Bosch part will consume 8A/pair. I am not sure of the power ratings of your stock horns. But the Bosch should be about equal to the stock horns OR a max of 2A more, assuming the factory kit is 6A/pair. You won't need an aux harness with the Bosch.

I have seen both the Bosch and Hella in action. Believe me, the Chrome Trumpets are superior. I also purchased a Chrome Trumpet set for my car which is currently fitted with Hella Super Tones AKA Red Grilles.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 21:09   #1699
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 64
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
The Bosch part will consume 8A/pair. I am not sure of the power ratings of your stock horns. But the Bosch should be about equal to the stock horns OR a max of 2A more, assuming the factory kit is 6A/pair. You won't need an aux harness with the Bosch.

I have seen both the Bosch and Hella in action. Believe me, the Chrome Trumpets are superior. I also purchased a Chrome Trumpet set for my car which is currently fitted with Hella Super Tones AKA Red Grilles.

You're making a good case for the Hella trumpets, I'm sorely tempted to go for them.

According to a thread I found earlier, the stock Innova Crysta horns pull 3A each for a total of 6A for the pair.

If anyone happens to know any reputable auto electrician in Lucknow, please do feel free to share. A bit lost as to where I should get this installed.
CrippledLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 09:20   #1700
Distinguished - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,706
Thanked: 3,479 Times
Default Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
You're making a good case for the Hella trumpets, I'm sorely tempted to go for them.
These seem to be the best suited for your particular requirements. But if you need something less expensive look at similar products from Roots. However, Hella is a better quality product.

Quote:
According to a thread I found earlier, the stock Innova Crysta horns pull 3A each for a total of 6A for the pair.
Yes, the stock horns on Toyota vehicles are Roots Smart Tone (not Denso) and draw 3A each. These are inexpensive when purchased retail at about Rs 500-600/pair.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 09:51   #1701
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 2,077
Thanked: 1,308 Times
Default Re: Power Horns!

Folks

I recently fitted Walta brand dual horn in my Santro Xing. Earlier it was Roots windtone horn. The Walta brand sound seems to be less compared to Windtone horn.
Is there any way wherein I can increase the sound level of the Walta brand

BTW is Walta brand a local one ?
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Best & Safe location for Power Horns mithun Modifications & Accessories 4 30th July 2013 10:40
Yippie - reverse horns = illegal normally_crazy Shifting gears 68 9th May 2011 13:45
Steble Nautilus Horns sounds great! willy Modifications & Accessories 20 10th August 2006 13:03
Will the Air Horns last as longer as Electric Horns ? mithun Modifications & Accessories 4 15th June 2006 11:05
Stebel Nautilus air horns John Technical Stuff 3 11th April 2006 13:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks