Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:29   #3061
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Oh ya, you are absolutely right my bad, I told them to do it this way. Stupid me. Will fix it tomorrow.
no harm done! Also sorry if i came across as a smartass in my earlier msg. Didn't mean to. Was supposed to be in jest but I can see how it can be read in a different tone altogether!
iamgyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:58   #3062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
no harm done! Also sorry if i came across as a smartass in my earlier msg. Didn't mean to. Was supposed to be in jest but I can see how it can be read in a different tone altogether!
Oh no, I took it in absolutely right way, it was a miss at my side. OCD got the better of me and I had to fix it straight away. No matter if I won't be riding the bike for atleast next few days, what needs to be set straight, needs to be set straight.

So 20 mins later.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210902_234535.jpg

Phew, thanks mate.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:59   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I love the bike, the way it rides and definitely the looks, but these delays are really irritating and ill have to wait for another 3 months in case i book at another dealership. Right now, both bookings are with CVS motors, albeit different branches. Also, the wobble is something that I haven't observed on my friend's bike but there seem to be multitudes of cases online and hence the cold feet. Am looking at adventure 390 or Dominar as alternatives. Suggestions would be appreciated!
I'd suggest to cancel all bookings and/or transfer to another different or company owned dealership. Take the official helpline's help for this.

On the topic of complaints, if it helps, I own a 2020 baker express and have done about 5k km so far. I haven't faced the wobble or suspension bottoming out or feeling in weird in anyway (floating, vague etc.). People like me (and there are lots) will normally only raise a voice if something is wrong with the bike and not say anything when everything works fine. Could it be a case of "reverse survivor bias" for you as a reader here? Maybe. Maybe not.
In fact, the only things i found not upto my taste were the rear footrest (added backrest to prevent a "scuba diving" pillion situation), soft rear ( dialled up pre-load by one click) and cheap looking /feeling brake & clutch levers ( got TEC adjustable levers). Even the seat is perfectly comfortable (a sticker under the seat says Rev. E, so they've definitely done improvements). Longest ride done is about 270km one way and my butt wasn't complaining. I find the handlebar position fine for me and same for leg hitting the footpeg situation. For reference : I'm 83kg and North of 6ft in height.

My only gripe right now is a too aggressive ABS calibration where it kicks in wayy too early - and I'm yet to see anyone else complain about that.

So, in summary, if you like the bike and feels good to you, treat this situation as a small setback and focus on the greater reward that is the Interceptor

PS: not a RE fanboy. Have spent a lifetime making fun of RE owners and their bikes before I got one,

Quote:
So 20 mins later.

Attachment 2201866

Phew, thanks mate.
All's well that ends well! That is some unhealthy levels of OCD you got there

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2021 at 05:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged
iamgyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 00:09   #3064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All's well that ends well! That is some unhealthy levels of OCD you got there
Tell me about it, wife was like where the hell are you going this late and that too picking your toolkit. Somethings once seen can not be unseen. I think MK Design has also changed the design of risers, they are rounded now, also the bolt should have been a little longer.

Quote:

PS: not a RE fanboy. Have spent a lifetime making fun of RE owners and their bikes before I got one,
Oh we share this in common, only in my case I am the butt of jokes these days, specially since the bike gave issues in the first month itself, but this is a fun bike when it works properly. My gripe with the bike is it's electricals, they are just too finnicky.
Old 3rd September 2021, 00:13   #3065
BANNED

Quote:
Is it, this was done by RE guys, and i did not pay much attention, but then not that they are perfect, should they be upside down?
Please appraise this particular dealer who worked on your bike and installed these the wrong way.

Quote:
No matter if I won't be riding the bike for atleast next few days, what needs to be set straight, needs to be set straight.
Good job. Swift action I must say.

You'll definitely find a difference in how easy the handlebar is in your reach and what you were missing due to the wrong installation.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 00:20   #3066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Please appraise this particular dealer who worked on your bike and installed these the wrong way.
Lol, to there defense I was like fit it like this over the phone, maybe I was not too clear, as I was out for lunch, but guess you are right they do this day in night out and should have fixed it right away. Then again when I picked the bike I should have noticed it, but I was more concerned about the exhaust

All is well that ends well, good I posted this photo, or else would have realized it a little later. Though I do feel very stupid right now :
Old 3rd September 2021, 04:39   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did some soft off-roading and had some fun, with the initial gremlins taken care of, the bike is now really behaving well, and this does put a smile on your face when it works perfectly.
I'd be careful taking this bike out for any kind of off road trip. It just isn't designed for it and the weight makes it a challenge to manage. Its far from what I'd call a quick to turn (or react) motorcycle and off road is pretty much all that and more.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2021 at 17:45. Reason: Post split
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:00   #3068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I'd be careful taking this bike out for any kind of off road trip. It just isn't designed for it and the weight makes it a challenge to manage. Its far from what I'd call a quick to turn (or react) motorcycle and off road is pretty much all that and more.
Soft trails are doable, where in weight is definitely an issue, if you are not being too adventurous and sticking to some basic roads you will be mainly fine. What i am more concerned is that if I drop the bike and I am doing it alone, lifting this bike alone will be a huge challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You'll definitely find a difference in how easy the handlebar is in your reach and what you were missing due to the wrong installation.
These were just installed yesterday afternoon, and I only rode 4 kms after that to home, so luckily this misadventure was not prolonged, and fixed pronto.
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:06   #3069
BHPian

Quote:
What i am more concerned is that if I drop the bike and I am doing it alone, lifting this bike alone will be a huge challenge
I was concerned about that too but when I had to, it was easy (on flat concrete). I am 5ft 8" (1.71 m) and nearer 70 years than 60. Manhandling an Interceptor in normal usage keeps me strong!

Last edited by catkins : 3rd September 2021 at 20:06. Reason: Typo
catkins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 23:39   #3070
BHPian

Finally installed the meteor windshield and had my first fall the very same day, I am looking for a solution to hide these scratches. How about I do this with a slight grey film. Yet to test the effectiveness at high speeds now before giving any further review. I have attached the installed windshields pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20210903_230337.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20210903_230340.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20210903_230343.jpg  

Last edited by BB311 : 3rd September 2021 at 23:43.
BB311 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 07:08   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Off late I've had this happen more than a couple of times. The bike slots into 6th gear but a few seconds later jumps into a false neutral, anyone else face this?
Yes i face this about 1 in 10 rides. I asked here preciously and at the service center, they just adjusted the freeplay which was fine.

Browsing on youtube, I learnt to pre-load the shifter with my foot right before shifting so that the gear shifts in fully. And that has helped to reduce these events from 6/10 rides to the above mentioned.

As for why it happens only in 6th is maybe because we are at high speeds and concentrating more on the road and traffic so the shift gets half-assed in the hurry. Other reason that might add to it is that the gear has to travel the most to shift into 6th gear. (I may be wrong here)
rituj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 12:46   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion would be to cancel both the bookings and book it through MiY app (You can't cancel this), lot of people have reported getting bikes faster this way, and also this way you will have company to contact directly in case of delays.
The second booking that i made was on MiY app itself. For now i haven't chosen any accessories apart from add ons like warranty and roadside assistance. Since tentative delivery date is listed as 3rd October in this latest booking, am willing to give them the benefit of doubt. The only thing that's irritating is that the regional sales manager ensured me delivery within 15 days of this booking as the earlier dealer had issues with processing booking for the 650 twins.

Quote:
I'd suggest to cancel all bookings and/or transfer to another different or company owned dealership. Take the official helpline's help for this.

So, in summary, if you like the bike and feels good to you, treat this situation as a small setback and focus on the greater reward that is the Interceptor

I did contact the official helpline again to escalate this issue and also spoke to a different dealer. He says the same thing: no 650 twins available for delivery, long list of pending bookings, and canyon red would take atleast 2 more months for people who booked in Q2 of 2021.

He also added that the delay could be due to upcoming tripper navigation that Royal Enfield is planning to integrate into the 650 twins and not just offer as an accessory. Am not sure how genuine this information is but shortage of the 650 twin seems to be an issue in most dealerships.

It is exactly such cases where transparency from the manufacturer plays a vital role in retaining prospective customers. Not a single email from the company on the delays and anticipated timelines. As you said, it is definitely a reverse survivor bias and am trying my best to stay patient rather than buying anything else! Will keep updating.

As for your PS, ditto here. Used to ridicule friends having bullets and never knew I'd end up booking one. Almost every 650 owner I've spoken to is a first time RE customer.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 6th September 2021 at 12:49.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:47   #3073

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Finally installed the meteor windshield and had my first fall the very same day, I am looking for a solution to hide these scratches. How about I do this with a slight grey film. Yet to test the effectiveness at high speeds now before giving any further review. I have attached the installed windshields pictures.
Looks really nice and clean. How is your experience at higher speeds compared to stock int650 windshield. Does it help to reduce the windblast for triple digit speed and how much did it cost ?

I was thinking of installing one from carbon racing but this one looks really nice. Any suggestions
Neo7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 07:44   #3074

Has anyone here used AOM pillion footrest extender ? Please share your two bits if so. Reckon it's the same as hepco and Becker one for which there are good reviews. However I am not able to find review for the AOM manufactured model . Apologies if it's out of thread, about the Mobile holder, which one is better between bobo claw grip and jaw grip?
RajeshKanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 10:59   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
The Meteor windsheild uses a fork clamp? Looks neat. The Carbon Racing windshield attaches to the headlight and handlebar which makes it slightly dangerous because it ends up with the end of the holders sticking out. I personally wasn't happy with the quality of the Carbon Racing windshield, but I guess that is to be expected at their price range.
adises is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks