Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2021, 19:33   #3016
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Grip Puppies are great!
I've fitted the local no-name grip puppies on every bike I've had in India and love them, especially as our local roads are unsurfaced but I had to remove them from the Interceptor because I have small hands and they made it too hard to reach the levers.

So adjustable levers would be great but I'm doubtful because when I tried increasing the slack on the clutch cable, the clutch dragged when the lever was fully pulled in and the gear changes were not as clean as with the standard slack on the clutch cable ... ?
Old 13th August 2021, 20:47   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

Was out on a ride yesterday, and the engine oil check light came up. Stopped and checked there was no visible oil leakage, checked the oil level and it was fine, servicing just happened last week. So took it to the nearest service center, they checked everything, changed the oil sensor also. The light refused to budge. After couple of hours they tried with a speedo of another bike, and voila light disappeared.

So they have ordered a new speedo and will replace it next week, and told me I can ride back home. The light was ON for the entire time I reached home. In the evening I had some work, so fired up the bike, and Voila, the light disappeared. Rode it for 4-5 kms but the light did not come up again, taking it to the service center near my place to have another look. They had also removed the breather hose pipe, after which I faced bike not starting issue just once, will get the pipe fitted again, and see if they have a permanent solution.

Anyone else had a similar issue.

Found out a Chinese workaround for the missing clock for now, this is waterproof, shows current temperature, and also battery voltage. This also has a USB port for charging. We did not find a bolt for the right hand side, will move it to RHS tomorrow at service center, wish had an option to control the brightness. Looks a bit too fancy, and draws a bit of unwanted attention, but gets the job done.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-clock.jpg

Last edited by AtheK : 13th August 2021 at 20:48.
AtheK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 08:46   #3018
BHPian

Hi all,

Looking for some help with couple of points.

Could any of the Mark 2 owners please share a few real world photos of their rides.Trying to see one in person before booking, but unsuccessful till date.

Also, are ppf or wrap options available to protect the chrome on the tank? is it effective?

TIA.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 13:48   #3019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
I've fitted the local no-name grip puppies on every bike I've had in India and love them, especially as our local roads are unsurfaced but I had to remove them from the Interceptor because I have small hands and they made it too hard to reach the levers.

So adjustable levers would be great but I'm doubtful because when I tried increasing the slack on the clutch cable, the clutch dragged when the lever was fully pulled in and the gear changes were not as clean as with the standard slack on the clutch cable ... ?
Yeap the thickness is a problem and lever reach will be affected. Increasing the slack is not a good idea and will cause clutch drag as you have experienced. Adjustable levers are great though, they can adjust the reach without affecting the freeplay of the levers.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 19:44   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Adjustable levers are great though, they can adjust the reach without affecting the freeplay of the levers.
Thanks man_of_steel, that's exactly what I wanted to know
catkins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 14:03   #3021

Was planning on an early morning ride on my 2019 Interceptor with around 2.5k kms on the odo. However, when I switched on the ignition, there was no check that usually happens and no lights came up. The fuel pump also did not turn on. It was as if, there was no battery.

I took out the battery to have a closer look and all the connections seemed fine. The neighborhood battery shop checked the voltage and it was around 12.8v.
However, he mentioned that the battery is dead as it not able to take any "load". When he crossed the two terminals, there were no sparks as well.

I am really confused as to what could be the problem. The real kicker is this battery model is not available anywhere and the local Amaron rep also mentioned that the battery is not available in the open market yet.

Please let me know what could be the problem. The last time the bike was used was a couple of weeks back when after a short ride, it was given a thorough wash and tucked under covers. Thanks in advance.
Atticus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 10:19   #3022
BHPian

Guys I have been trying to reach Marsh Autotech for a pair of preload adjusters but they have not responded to me either on Instagram or on whatsapp. Is there a quicker way to reach them?

@Neil Jericho, I am finally following your advice to take it slow and do one small change at a time. So, not swapping springs immediately. I have bought 7.5w oil and I am looking for pre-load adjusters. First I plan to put these adjusters and see what works, then I am going to change the oil if needed.

Appreciate any help in reaching out to Marsh Autotech or any other recommendation on getting a reliable, locally made, and easily available pair of adjusters. Thank you!
shabih is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:16   #3023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Also, are ppf or wrap options available to protect the chrome on the tank? is it effective?
For what its worth, I have heard that many detailers dont prefer to apply PPF on the chrome tanks of the 650 twins. I dont recall the exact reason, but I remember it coming up once or twice. Check with popular 3M or detailing stores in your city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
I am really confused as to what could be the problem. The real kicker is this battery model is not available anywhere and the local Amaron rep also mentioned that the battery is not available in the open market yet.

Please let me know what could be the problem. The last time the bike was used was a couple of weeks back when after a short ride, it was given a thorough wash and tucked under covers. Thanks in advance.
Your battery has probably drained in the 2 weeks that the bike wasnt used. This is surprising, considering that it is a 2 year old bike. You probably still have RSA, right? If so, it might be worth checking with Royal Enfield and having them come and take a look at why the battery has drained so early in the life of the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Guys I have been trying to reach Marsh Autotech for a pair of preload adjusters but they have not responded to me either on Instagram or on whatsapp. Is there a quicker way to reach them?

@Neil Jericho, I am finally following your advice to take it slow and do one small change at a time. So, not swapping springs immediately. I have bought 7.5w oil and I am looking for pre-load adjusters. First I plan to put these adjusters and see what works, then I am going to change the oil if needed.

Appreciate any help in reaching out to Marsh Autotech or any other recommendation on getting a reliable, locally made, and easily available pair of adjusters. Thank you!
I reached out to them at their email id of marshsales2020@gmail.com . Try that instead. When I placed the order for my preload adjusters, I had reached out to them on this email ID to confirm that they had shipped the product. They did reply with a confirmation and sent me the courier details as well.

I would say that Marsh Auto need to step up their presales and post sales game in terms of customer connectivity and updates. But the product is really good and worth every rupee.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 15:00   #3024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
. After couple of hours they tried with a speedo of another bike, and voila light disappeared.

So they have ordered a new speedo and will replace it next week, and told me I can ride back home. The light was ON for the entire time I reached home. In the evening I had some work, so fired up the bike, and Voila, the light disappeared. Rode it for 4-5 kms but the light did not come up again, taking it to the service center near my place to have another look. They had also removed the breather hose pipe, after which I faced bike not starting issue just once, will get the pipe fitted again, and see if they have a permanent solution.
So as an update, I took it to the Service Center near my house, on the way after 5 minutes of riding light lit up. When I reached there, they checked the bike again. They replaced the Speedo, but this time light refused to budge. They tried changing sensors, but issue still persisted. They checked on the scanner no error codes, they told me they checked circulation as well, but still the same issue. They started it by removing the electrical fuse as well, but no go.

In between I had to go out shortly for some work nearby, and bike was parked for two hours, when I came back and started the bike, the light was not there, but came back again in 5 minutes. Told them the same, they told me to leave the bike with them and they will work on it on Monday. I called them now, and they said they tried changing sensors again and also changed the oil and filter, but issues still remains. They have called some one from Head office tomorrow to come take a look.

I am surprised that even after all this the issue persists, this is pretty odd, specially with a bike with very limited amount of sensors and electronics. @neil.jericho and others who have god experience with RE bikes, any inputs that you can think of. I will be very interested to see what is the final resolution they come up with.

This entire episodes have left me pretty disappointed with RE though, I appreciate the help service center guys put in, but with a bike which is almost three years old in the market you really wish that it is a fuss free experience. Imagining @no_fear giggling in some corner of his house right now while reading this post :P
AtheK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:21   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
They tried changing sensors, but issue still persisted. They checked on the scanner no error codes, they told me they checked circulation as well, but still the same issue. They started it by removing the electrical fuse as well, but no go.
If the light persists even after changing the sensor they should go ahead and check
1. Sensor wire/connectors
2. The oil passage way on which the pressure switch is located for blocks
3. Oil pump itself (pump should be fine if the engine head/camshaft is getting oil)
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 17:00   #3026
BHPian

Perhaps its the wiring kit ? Did you check for rat bites ?

Also, did the issue pop up after the temp/time/volt gauge install or before ?

Last edited by corvus corax : 16th August 2021 at 17:04.
corvus corax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:01   #3027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
Perhaps its the wiring kit ? Did you check for rat bites ?

Also, did the issue pop up after the temp/time/volt gauge install or before ?
Bike is only 3 weeks old, doubt if rats would have bitten off, but then who knows, a check that can definitely be performed.

The gauge was installed later, the only electric modification done on bike was LED light and indicator lights, we anyway tested by taking out the fuse and with no electricals connected, including the gauge.

Last edited by AtheK : 16th August 2021 at 19:13.
Old 16th August 2021, 20:17   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Someone, somewhere in this thread (apologies to OP, its a long thread) pointed out that tank protection costs more than a new tank
catkins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 17:52   #3029
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the bike back, it was eventually an issue with a sensor, that they had some trouble reaching to. Was in extreme rush so did not ask much, thanked them, picked the bike and came. In my 7 KM long ride to home, it has not lit up, hopefully that is what it was.

Will take it out tomorrow for a long ride and check.
AtheK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 22:27   #3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Has anyone faced the issue of the side stand sensor going faulty? I have been facing this lately since last week and the issue keeps coming and going without any set pattern.
I had this happen last weekend. Was on a ride and when I slowed down the bike, the engine stopped. Was able to start in neutral. However, engaging the gear cut off the engine. Figured it could be the side stand sensor and tried cleaning it. Was able to get going after that. However, when I slowed down again, it cut off. It was in the middle of nowhere and I was about 70 KMs away from home. Figured out that if I keep the RPM above 4000 the engine stayed on. Managed to get back home in low gears with RPM above 4000.

Took it to a mechanic, he fixed the sensor issue by pushing the metal portion in the side stand that slots into the sensor a bit. The engine malfunction light came on(Could have been due to the low gear riding for 70 KMs). The battery lights were also on( This used to come up frequently while riding earlier, and had the RE service center check this twice before and they gave a clean chit). The mechanic gave a temp fix and asked me to have the RE service center look at the issues.

Sent the bike today to the Service Center. Got the invoice copy via mail and see that the Regulator Rectifier and the Rear Master Cylinder Assembly have been replaced. Will have to talk to the Service Advisor to understand what the issue exactly was. Will post an update once I know more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks