Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2021, 09:01   #646
BANNED

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
People, which mirrors are a standard fit on the bike. I’m not interested in spending 12-15k on mirrors available on big branded online stores. What other choices do we have over the stock mirror please? Thank you.
Mirrors are universally interchangeable, only minor exception being Honda/Hero that comes with an adapter, so basically on a Hero/Honda at times you would have to use the adapter on one side or some combination like that, don't remember the specifics.

Anyhow, if you are looking for best visibility then nothing beats the standard Pulsar mirrors that come on the P150 and P180. I use them on all my Motorcycles.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-imag0014.jpg

P.S. Ignore the blind spot mirror, it was practically useless and flew off during a fast paced ride, just installed them cause I got them cheap. One is already missing from a trail run we had done a few days before shifting back to clip-ons.

Second comes the RTR mirrors, they're the most preferred as they are aesthetically more appealing but the downside is that they have a massive blind spot due to the aesthetic shape and they are quite heavy, meaning if you are in the habit of riding hard then they would come loose quite often. But when used on KTM bikes the long boot of the KTM's fit well on the RTR Mirrors so basically it gels well aesthetically.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-20190307_190512.jpg

Here's a snap of the RTR mirrors with KTM boot I'd installed in a friend's motorcycle.

Hope that helps.
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 21st August 2021 at 09:03.
ashwinprakas is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 11:06   #647

Quote:
People, which mirrors are a standard fit on the bike. I’m not interested in spending 12-15k on mirrors available on big branded online stores. What other choices do we have over the stock mirror please? Thank you.
Husqvarna mirrors work well, direct fit and no vibrations unlike the stock ones.
Old 21st August 2021, 14:36   #648
BHPian

Thanks both of you. I’m not looking at aesthetics but I want to improve my rear vision most definitely. Will keep these options in mind. Anyone using the dominar mirrors?

I did my first service today. My gears were hard and clunky. Even after the oil change, it’s only improved ever so slightly. Is this an inherent feature of the bike? Cable from clutch is adjusted and so is the chain.

Anyone using an aftermarket air seat/cushion?

Also, can’t afford the givi windshield. I’m 6 feet tall. Suggestion for a windshield? Inkscape dreams has a new version 4. Any feedback?
Old 22nd August 2021, 09:43   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Mirrors are universally interchangeable
A.P.
Currently I am using ones from Avenger (black ones) on my Himalayan, had them on my Classic 500, very decent, functional and affordable.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-e1a3a7799a834c31afa757d1f300455b.jpeg  

rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 09:31   #650
BHPian

Is there any way to procure Metzeller Tourance tyres now ? Or in other words, what options of tyres available instead of MRFs ?
Old 23rd August 2021, 10:16   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Is there any way to procure Metzeller Tourance tyres now ? Or in other words, what options of tyres available instead of MRFs ?
All the KTM dealers are stocking the Metzeller tyres. You can speak Khivraj Indiranagar.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:39   #652

Hello everyone, I bought an Orange ADV 390 on 9th July and so far have had a flawless experience (Apart from a small mishap that gave me stitches/staples).

Today, it got me to work perfectly fine as usual but come lunchtime, it has refused to start. Its not even cranking anymore. I made sure that the side stand sensor is working and the kill switch is in the ON position. All I hear when I press the starter button is a few clicks from the rear of the motorcycle and nothing after that. I removed the rear seat and checked if all the fuses were working and there's no issue there. The battery shows 12.4V and everything else seems fine. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Id like to go back home on my own bike in the next 3 to 4 hours. If anyone has a quick fix, please let me know. Else I have no option but to call RSA in a few hours.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 23rd August 2021, 21:06   #653

I had my rear number plates screws fall off too. Replacing them with a nut & bolt is required
Old 25th August 2021, 18:22   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisnishad View Post
Hello everyone, I bought an Orange ADV 390 on 9th July and so far have had a flawless experience (Apart from a small mishap that gave me stitches/staples).

Today, it got me to work perfectly fine as usual but come lunchtime, it has refused to start. Its not even cranking anymore. I made sure that the side stand sensor is working and the kill switch is in the ON position. All I hear when I press the starter button is a few clicks from the rear of the motorcycle and nothing after that. I removed the rear seat and checked if all the fuses were working and there's no issue there. The battery shows 12.4V and everything else seems fine. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Id like to go back home on my own bike in the next 3 to 4 hours. If anyone has a quick fix, please let me know. Else I have no option but to call RSA in a few hours.

I hope you've taken your bike to the nearest SVC. From what I can infer, it can be perhaps a busted starter coil/fuse or a failed starter coil. The click sound that you're hearing is from the fuse, which "clicks" after the fuel pump primes, so that sound is a pre-cursor for one to thumb the starter. If all is well, the bike would fire up. If not, the starter is not spinning, either the fuse is faulty or the starter relay solenoid is faulty.

Good luck, and hoping to see your issue solve.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 25th August 2021, 18:34   #655
BHPian

Quote:

I know it is a little late, but did you try starting it in neutral. No idea why it happens. But it used to happen alot on my D200. Pressing start wouldn't do anything. Put it in neutral (not just holding the clutch) and it would start like nothing was wrong. Would happen at random too.
Old 25th August 2021, 19:47   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I hope you've taken your bike to the nearest SVC. From what I can infer, it can be perhaps a busted starter coil/fuse or a failed starter coil. The click sound that you're hearing is from the fuse, which "clicks" after the fuel pump primes, so that sound is a pre-cursor for one to thumb the starter. If all is well, the bike would fire up. If not, the starter is not spinning, either the fuse is faulty or the starter relay solenoid is faulty.

Good luck, and hoping to see your issue solve.

Cheers!
VJ
Yes, I took the bike to SVC the next morning. I just collected.

On the day it happened, I was investigating around looking for the origin of the sound and indeed it was the starter relay (I saw some sparks coming off it too). I just wiggled around its connections and the bike started. Rode back home without the passenger seat in case I needed to wiggle it again.

I was told at the SVC today that it is an extremely rare issue and has never occurred before. They have retightened all the connections to the relay. If it ever occurs again, they will replace the relay, starter and its wires under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crhysis View Post
I know it is a little late, but did you try starting it in neutral. No idea why it happens. But it used to happen alot on my D200. Pressing start wouldn't do anything. Put it in neutral (not just holding the clutch) and it would start like nothing was wrong. Would happen at random too.
Yes, I did start in neutral. I mostly park the bike in neutral as I push my bike in from our gate as it's a bit tricky to ride in due to my inability to flat foot the bike through our slightly cramped parking entry situation.
Old 25th August 2021, 22:00   #657
BHPian

The service Center called me in for a software update (1V11). Initial impressions

1. Engine revving up to 3-4K upon cold start has disappeared
2. Throttle response feels less sensitive to mild inputs - makes it releasing in the city. However the bike still accelerates the same at wide open throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajram View Post
I seem to be having a peculiar issue with the quick shifter. My bike is 3K+ kms old and

1. Downshifts still work well most of the time - but rarely remains non responsive
2. Up shifts do not work occasionally. This happens at all gears / temperatures / RPMs
3. No errors on the MID

Has anyone faced such an issue?
I used the visit to the SVC to get my quick shifter issues checked. The technician adjusted the cable tension to add a little more slack stating that that’s when the slipper clutch operates at it’s best.. since the change quick shifts have been lot smoother than before

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdhar View Post
I had my rear number plates screws fall off too. Replacing them with a nut & bolt is required
Yep. I lost a bolt on the bottom of the under-belly pan and a rivet from the exhaust pipe over the past.
surajram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 07:25   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajram View Post
The service Center called me in for a software update (1V11). Initial impressions

1. Engine revving up to 3-4K upon cold start has disappeared .
My tft software is the same however I still faced the issue yesterday during a cold start….. hmmm. Strange.
Old 26th August 2021, 11:32   #659
BHPian

Mods sorry please join the post to the earlier if you so wish. I can't seem to edit the previous post.

Guys, my rpm is flashing red at around the 6500 mark. Any idea why? Is it like a limiter till the first service, or is it for the quick shifter?
Old 26th August 2021, 13:11   #660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, my rpm is flashing red at around the 6500 mark. Any idea why? Is it like a limiter till the first service, or is it for the quick shifter?
It is the rev limiter indication that is set. They will increase the limit at service, not sure current software version allows edit during running in period (before 1st service). Earlier ones allowed that, it will be under the settings of the TFT, rev indicator 1 and indicator 2, 2 sets of RPM can be set.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks