Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 12:47   #1861
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Congrats on your new TUV! If you are facing the wheel spin issue, start off the process by reporting this to the email id customercare@mahindra.com, try to get a video of the wheel spin issue (speeds up the process), then someone from the CRM team would contact you to analyse the case and if they approve then the MLD kit is sent to a service centre near you in about 10 days time and the fitment is done in another 2-3 days.
Meanwhile, do share the pics of your T10

From my interactions with the service advisors, the MLD replacement is not a general recall but rather done only on a case by case basis.

Happy driving!

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply. Have started the interaction yesterday. Mailed regional team & customercare. Will update you when I hear from them. Also, I am planning to make this a case only during first service. Not an urgent one. Overall, this is a good value for money vehicle.

When you say case to case basis, what you mean exactly? Wheel spin doesn't happen on all vehicles? Is that what you mean? Kinda confused here.

On pics, will click a few & add in the coming days. Been travelling like crazy. A detailed review would be posted. Probably, after a planned 2,500Kms drive after first service. Already did ~2K between last week of October to first week of November.
Old 14th November 2017, 13:49   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
When you say case to case basis, what you mean exactly? Wheel spin doesn't happen on all vehicles? Is that what you mean? Kinda confused here.
I believe this issue is present in all the TUVs (actually most RWD vehicles face this issue with the severity varying based on their suspension setup) however, the retro fitment is not done for all but done only for customers who face the issue on a regular basis and complain strongly
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 14:03   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
I believe this issue is present in all the TUVs (actually most RWD vehicles face this issue with the severity varying based on their suspension setup) however, the retro fitment is not done for all but done only for customers who face the issue on a regular basis and complain strongly
Thanks, that helps. Will also "strongly" complain to get this fixed. Since, the dealer was quite helpful all along, should be doing this for me too. Let's see.
Old 16th November 2017, 14:26   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

After nine and a half years and 1.96 lakh km with a Palio Multijet, I have booked a TUV300 T6+ MT in black colour yesterday (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4306677). Besides being on a tight budget, I also felt the T6+ MT was the best value variant and also safe from AMT issues.

I have gone through the problems being discussed here and I get the impression that the wheelspin issue is the only major one for MT users. Though this is only a booking and the window of exit is still open, I look forward to a great ownership!

Last edited by architect : 16th November 2017 at 14:27.
architect is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 15:22   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I have gone through the problems being discussed here and I get the impression that the wheelspin issue is the only major one for MT users. Though this is only a booking and the window of exit is still open, I look forward to a great ownership!
Congratulations!

Trust me, the spin issue is no big deal. I've never found myself being stuck because of this. The couple of times that I have experienced wheel spin, I have managed to get going easily by applying the brute force method (carrying momentum) or trying a slightly different approach. Also, the spinning issue does not happen if you carry 25 kg or more load in the trunk. I have covered slushy roads and loose surface across hilly terrains of Sikkim and North East without a single instance of wheelspin with a loaded boot.

This video posted by D-BHPian Blackpearl sums up the issue with the TUV

I do not know if White Tusker being a 4wd Bolero has more than normal wheel articulation over the 2wd Bolero or for any other car for that matter. But the limited rear wheel articulation in the TUV vis-a-vis the Bolero is bewildering.
mi2n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 15:25   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
.. actually most RWD vehicles face this issue with the severity varying based on their suspension setup..
This has nothing to do with RWD. In an open differential if one of the wheel looses traction it will spin while the other wheel will not get any power. This will happen irrespective of RWD or FWD. The problem with TUV is that due to the suspension setup one of the wheel easily looses traction even in trivial scenarios like basement ramps where it should not happen. Mahindra needs to redesign the suspension or make LSD/MLD standard. It is very sad to see a supposedly tough go anywhere SUV stuck at places where an Alto can easily make it.
JediKnight is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 16:20   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
This has nothing to do with RWD. In an open differential if one of the wheel looses traction it will spin while the other wheel will not get any power. This will happen irrespective of RWD or FWD. ...
Agree , I said 'most RWD vehicles' in the context of TUV (prior to MLD retrofit) and other RWD vehicles (with open diffs) struggling while climbing an incline. And yes, vehicles with FWD and open diffs do suffer the same problem while reversing into such inclines.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 09:17   #1868
BHPian

On wheel spin issue, this is what I am facing. (Refer video). Wrote to customer care and dealer again.

shreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 19:20   #1869
BHPian

I also faced the wheel spin issue few times while trying to climb steep roads. Mine is AMT version, had to change to Manual mode to make it climb the steep. The steep road is part of my daily commute to work approx 60 KMs per day. Should I get the MLD fitted to my tank?
Old 21st November 2017, 14:32   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
..and other RWD vehicles (with open diffs) struggling while climbing an incline...
Which RWD vehicles you find struggling to climb an incline ?
I frequently drive in the Himalayas and the best incline climbing vehicles i have driven are RWD: Toyota Innova, Bolero DI, Tata Spacio. In fact for a loaded vehicle RWD is advantageous on an incline as the rear axle gets loaded.
Old 21st November 2017, 15:32   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Which RWD vehicles you find struggling to climb an incline ?
I frequently drive in the Himalayas and the best incline climbing vehicles i have driven are RWD: Toyota Innova, Bolero DI, Tata Spacio. In fact for a loaded vehicle RWD is advantageous on an incline as the rear axle gets loaded.
My observation is based on my experience while climbing on to our home parking lot. You can refer here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3965199 about the similar issue I faced with Enjoy, Innova and Scorpio.

And yes, loaded RWD vehicles are pretty good when it comes to hill climbs due to the reason stated by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I also faced the wheel spin issue few times while trying to climb steep roads. Mine is AMT version, had to change to Manual mode to make it climb the steep. The steep road is part of my daily commute to work approx 60 KMs per day. Should I get the MLD fitted to my tank?
MLD fitment has been bit of a hit or miss. Reason being, after MLD retro fit some like me (and another person in the Chennai TUV group) face increased noise levels at around 80KMPH (kind of an humming noise creeps in) while CaptainRex who also got it fixed does not face any such issue. So evaluate your problem, if you face wheel spin only occasionally and if you can out manoeuvre it then stay with the original Diff else if you are facing severe wheel spin on a daily basis like me then you can go for it.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th November 2017 at 22:58. Reason: Merged
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:32   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Get MLD fitted from Mahindra dealership and the issue will be sorted for good.
Old 26th November 2017, 08:22   #1873
Senior - BHPian

Got the 30K km service done on my Orange Tank last Friday. Total cost was Rs 6234/-. Got the driver side seat belt replaced under warranty. The new belt is very smooth and retracting completely. Will have to make another trip to the service center to get the passenger side belt replaced. The new belt assembly cost is Rs 2760/-, of course for me it was replaced free of cost under warranty.

Here is the part & labor cost break-up for the service. Further details on my ownership thread (msg#304)--> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ective-21.html
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-30k-invoice-breakup.jpg  

AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 18:17   #1874
BHPian

I own TUV 3OO manual T8 of Oct 2015 batch. Just crossed 33k mark. After initial few problems, the tank is behaving wonderfully well. The last year has been almost hasslefree with no new snags. Rather I find the tank still attracting almost the same attention it used to draw in early days.
Just returned from 700 km drive in rural belts of Maharashtra. Let me tell you that the roads are really really horrible. The tank swollowed all the potholes; broken roads; no roads; large bolders; well like deep holes; with same ease with which it engulfs highways. I also had to cross a relatively not so easy ghat near place called Kannad. Trust me, the tank started climbing and kept climbing as if there is no incline.. At the turnings I had to get it in lower gears to mellow it down or else it was more than eager to simply pull on in 4th gear.
However, after returning back I found that the collant has dropped down again to low level. I used to face this in early days. Then the clips and pipes were changed and thereon I had not faced this coolant problem for almost over a year. I checked under the tank and there is no leakage.
Just to mention that I got fuel effeciency of 16.5 during this trip
monakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 22:35   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
However, after returning back I found that the collant has dropped down again to low level. I used to face this in early days. Then the clips and pipes were changed and thereon I had not faced this coolant problem for almost over a year. I checked under the tank and there is no leakage.
Ohh the famous coolant leakage issue. Although you won't find coolant drops under the tank, it sure depletes, evaporating through the reservoir cap or through the hose joints. No solution but to keep topping it after 3-4K kms.
Quote:
Just to mention that I got fuel efficiency of 16.5 during this trip
That's amazing FE you have got. Was this achieved with 100% AC usage?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks