Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2020, 18:58   #1981
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Recently, when I was driving to office, my 2017 Compass 4x4 started giving these errors on the road. Suddenly, the engine started knocking above 1500 rpm as well. Drove slowly to office (about 3 kms) and called my SA at Jeep Service who said the Car will have to be towed to the workshop. Called the RSA and a pickup was arranged in an hour.

That evening, got a call back from SA and was told that the errors were because of a faulty ABS sensor. It was replaced in warranty and car was delivered home.

crackparag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 20:10   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Recently, when I was driving to office, my 2017 Compass 4x4 started giving these errors on the road.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTT...ature=Youtu.be
Had this same issue some time back and had posted about it here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4847245 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)

Glad that you got it taken care of under warranty.

It's happened to me twice in the past three years.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 21:42   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Recently, when I was driving to office, my 2017 Compass 4x4 started giving these errors on the road. Suddenly, the engine started knocking above 1500 rpm as well. Drove slowly to office (about 3 kms) and called my SA at Jeep Service who said the Car will have to be towed to the workshop. Called the RSA and a pickup was arranged in an hour.

That evening, got a call back from SA and was told that the errors were because of a faulty ABS sensor. It was replaced in warranty and car was delivered home.
Have you recently replaced your battery with a 74DIN? Why i ask is that the Okhla FCA service manager told me last week that replacing OEM 70DIN with 74DIN is causing sensors to blow off.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:03   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Have you recently replaced your battery with a 74DIN? Why i ask is that the Okhla FCA service manager told me last week that replacing OEM 70DIN with 74DIN is causing sensors to blow off.
Interesting. I did change my battery (at the official service centre) just before the lockdown. I'll check this and update.
Old 23rd October 2020, 07:16   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. I did change my battery (at the official service centre) just before the lockdown. I'll check this and update.
There was a poll at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jeepcompassindia which showed that users with both types of batteries were getting those sensor issues (me included, once on old and once on new).

There is another thread at the same group above, where users are discussing the sensor issues separately and considering a co-ordinated move to get the part quality fixed.
Old 23rd October 2020, 08:33   #1986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Very unlikely. Using a slightly higher battery cannot cause sensors to fail. Sensor failure is independent of battery and FCA is just trying to pass the buck to the customer!
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 14:47   #1987
BHPian

I got my car back from service last month, and noticed a large amount of grease like substance spread underneath the rightside "pocket" in the boot. Is this normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_3971.jpg  

Old 24th October 2020, 18:02   #1988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I got my car back from service last month, and noticed a large amount of grease like substance spread underneath the rightside "pocket" in the boot. Is this normal?
Lol, that's not grease. Touch it and it will be hard and different in texture. It's seam sealant which manufacturers apply along welded seams.

Pretty normal. A pic from City's Review: Click to Open

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 09:51   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Lol, that's not grease. Touch it and it will be hard and different in texture. It's seam sealant which manufacturers apply along welded seams.

Pretty normal. A pic from City's Review: Click to Open

Regards,
Shashi
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying that out. Was worried because the SC had found paint bubbles on the door near some joints a year back and I had raised it with FCA as to why the doors on a new vehicle were rusting. I wanted to know if the SC found more rust and decided to keep quite.
Old 25th October 2020, 13:12   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
I have a 2020 i10 Nios and a 2014 end Fiat Punto Evo in my garage. The way the Punto takes corners, maintains composure during high speeds, the way it stops during hard braking, the Nios is no match. I admit when it comes to gizmos, Hyundai is worlds ahead. But for some people like me, a car is more about the engine, steering, suspension and safety. May be it was just my luck, but I have never had to wait long for a spare part even during a flood damage repair. After spending 6 years with FCA, I can confidently say if I had the funds I would buy the compass without a second thought.
I have had a Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack since November 2009 and believe me i have done 105000 km on it. Have had excellent service back up with VST motors from whom I bought the car, then with both Ramkay Fiat and RDC Fiat and now with VTK Automobiles. All those complaining about bad Fiat service can talk to me. The kind of service back up - sending 2 mechanics with fan belts to a place 120km away from the city where my fan belt ripped and getting the car back on the road is one of the service backups I had received. The car handling and performance on the road has been awesome and nothing on 4 wheels in the same category ever came close to my beauty. Now I am moving onto getting myself a Jeep Compass Limited Plus Diesel 4x4 Automatic. Just waiting for the process to be completed. So kudos and totally endorse your comment about the parts and service. Cheers.
rhenius is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 17:15   #1991
BHPian

Jeep is offering significant discounts on the Longitude Diesel AT in Pune: 1.68L. The higher end Longitude+ is only discounted by 50k.
Guess it is a function of what configuration is moving off the shelves faster.

Not much more being offered other than minor discounts on insurance and a few free accessories.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th October 2020 at 10:54. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 25th October 2020, 22:46   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
I have a 2020 i10 Nios and a 2014 end Fiat Punto Evo in my garage. The way the Punto takes corners, maintains composure during high speeds, the way it stops during hard braking, the Nios is no match. I admit when it comes to gizmos, Hyundai is worlds ahead. But for some people like me, a car is more about the engine, steering, suspension and safety. May be it was just my luck, but I have never had to wait long for a spare part even during a flood damage repair. After spending 6 years with FCA, I can confidently say if I had the funds I would buy the compass without a second thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Does anyone own a Jeep Compass Diesel 4x4 AT Limited Plus here on Team BHP. I couldn't find any ownership reviews for this variant. Please point me towards anyone who owns this variant.
I'm also looking for the same
Old 25th October 2020, 23:00   #1993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
I'm also looking for the same
I finally bought it. I have the Limited Plus 4x4 AT.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 23:06   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I finally bought it. I have the Limited Plus 4x4 AT.
I have booked mine and within the next 10 days should have delivery of the same.
rhenius is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 23:08   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
I have booked mine and within the next 10 days should have delivery of the same.
Congrats. Welcome to the club.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks