Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 18:00   #3496
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Did a TD of Nexon XZ+ (P)(M) today, here's what I felt. Need some help from the proud owners as well.
- Compared to my TD with Altroz, Nexon seems to be much better in all aspects: power, comfort, and ease of driving at a high position. I guess I'd call off my wait for Altroz Turbo and settle for Nexon
- Felt that it's a monster when I first saw it at the showroom but on the road, I could tame it well Measured against my parking space also and it could fit comfortably as a replacement for my Indica.
- As many mentioned, Tata motors lags wrt punctuality for TD, cleanliness of the vehicle, and customer interactions. TD happened after a week of follow-ups and SA was hurrying for his next assignment showing no interest to explain my doubts.

- Right now, I'm toggling between XZ or XMA. SA couldn't get XMA for TD.
I'm ok with Manual or AMT but XMA seems VFM. Any drawbacks folks apart from slightly lower FE?

- XZ includes Fog lamps, rear camera, HU with Android Auto, better Dashboard design + many other features. With XMA, I'd have to do the first 3 (what I must need) after market. Referring other threads, the price difference for AM ~30k vs ~50k as part of XZ. Should I stick with XZ option?

- The suspension was hard and bumpy on potholes at low speeds. SA told me that it is due to rough usage for TD. But so bad at just 12km odo? Can someone throw light?
- When I was shifting the lower gears and mostly smooth at it, I felt slight jerks. SA blamed it on the turbo engine. Really?
- Rear view was fine during driving but the corners are scary while backing up, I think rear camera is a must.

Thanks!
Old 18th December 2020, 18:36   #3497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboOnTarmac View Post
Welcome to Nex't' league

I am having a great experience with my Nexon XZA(O) Green duel tone diesel. Always brings smile when driving with its behavior.

Some niggles faced but sorted out by service team promptly. All good so far.

Wishing you a great fun driving 'Tank' experience.
Thank you. Just clocked over 500kms and its been very good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Congratulations on your new steed.

I am bit curious to know: what was your waiting period for the Diesel Nexon from the booking to the delivery?

Thanks,
Thank you. I booked it on 13th Nov and took delivery on 14th Dec with temporary registration. So that's 1 month of repeated follow ups and impatience. They did have a Red DT and White ST in stock but we wanted Blue and stuck with the color.
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 20:02   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadigar View Post
I'm ok with Manual or AMT but XMA seems VFM. Any drawbacks folks apart from slightly lower FE?
I have XZA+. I did a 600KM drive to/fro couple of weeks back and I got a FE between 15 to 16 on highways and 13 to 14 for short drives within the town/city. All in sports mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadigar View Post
- The suspension was hard and bumpy on potholes at low speeds. SA told me that it is due to rough usage for TD. But so bad at just 12km odo? Can someone throw light?
- When I was shifting the lower gears and mostly smooth at it, I felt slight jerks. SA blamed it on the turbo engine. Really?
- Rear view was fine during driving but the corners are scary while backing up, I think rear camera is a must.
- Yes, My car's suspension is hard too but not really that bumpy. A friend of mine in other city says his manual variant has a better suspension.
- Its an AMT, so the slight jerks@lower gears are normal. AMT's can never be as smooth as a TC or a DCT. However, Its way too better than other Maruti AMT's I have driven before. I am now used to it and releasing the gas pedal slightly during the upshifts is what you will need to do. Now its only me who knows the gear is changed and the co passengers do not feel any jerks.
- Rear view camera's is a must have. The stock camera gives clear guidelines and images even in the dark.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 22:12   #3499
SPM

I have booked Nexon XZA+(S) Diesel recently and delivery is expected in January ('21 model). I wanted to know what accessories are worth buying from dealership as i saw the prices on a higher side. List is attached. Would appreciate if must buy accessories are suggested.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tata Nexon 2020 Genuine Accessories.pdf (961.6 KB, 882 views)
Old 19th December 2020, 09:26   #3500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post
I have booked Nexon XZA+(S) Diesel recently and delivery is expected in January ('21 model). I wanted to know what accessories are worth buying from dealership as i saw the prices on a higher side. List is attached. Would appreciate if must buy accessories are suggested.
The trunk mat looks far better than the one I bought, but it was half the price. No one in the dealer shared this pdf, I would bought that trunk mat.

Iam waiting for 7D mats from Elegant Auto Accessories, its a bit expensive than other products in Amazon, so waiting to check them out.

Get your dealer to provide floor cut mats and mud flaps free of cost, I got both those for free. They charge 3000 for basic kit, but according to the PDF, it only costs 1667 for both. Get it for free.

But the most important would be the underbody protection coating.

If you are feeling generous, may be the LED foglamps if they are better than those 19W halogen (why Tata, why skimp on those necessary items). Sidestep, sun shade and mood lighting if you wish to spend even more.

oh... almost forgot, seat covers if you have kids, a must I would say. A small area got stained the first day of taking delivery. I guess the fabric material is prone to get stained.
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 10:16   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
But the most important would be the underbody protection coating.
Don't do this, your Nexon comes protected from factory, take a peek underneath, you'll know what I mean.

Congrats all you newbies for acquiring the safest CSUV.
Vinod_nair is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:21   #3502
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post
You can go with the following:
Seat Covers - OEM fitting is good price is alright considering 2 year warranty
3D Floor Mats - A must have though aftermarket ones would cost 60% only
Boot Mat (Carpet type) - Good quality
Mud Flaps - Essential and fair priced
Old 19th December 2020, 19:22   #3503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Don't do this, your Nexon comes protected from factory, take a peek underneath, you'll know what I mean.

Congrats all you newbies for acquiring the safest CSUV.
Well I haven't looked under yet, will do. Good to know, none of my previous cars (Ikon and Figo) had that by default.
Old 22nd December 2020, 10:47   #3504
BHPian

I have a pre-facelift Nexon XZ+. Have given the vehicle for 30k kms service. Part throttle response at 2k RPM was slightly jerky, the SA informed that there is an update available and will be applied on the car. Also learned that the speed sensitive auto door lock feature will be disabled . Has anyone enabled the speed sensitive auto door lock feature post ECU/Infotainment updates?

More info:
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...ained/1730371/

Last edited by knaveen : 22nd December 2020 at 10:49.
Old 22nd December 2020, 10:55   #3505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
I have a pre-facelift Nexon XZ+. Have given the vehicle for 30k kms service. Part throttle response at 2k RPM was slightly jerky, the SA informed that there is an update available and will be applied on the car. Also learned that the speed sensitive auto door lock feature will be disabled. Has anyone enabled the speed sensitive auto door lock feature post ECU/Infotainment updates?
Ask them if just the ECU flash can be done. Ideally - the ECU, BCM and Infotainment should be 3 different deployable modules. If BCM update is deployed - speed sensing auto-locks will get disabled. There is unfortunately no way to bring that feature back. The ASC staff refuses to patch with an older version of the BCM. Nor do they seem to have an editable flag capability via laptop software to just toggle the feature on/off (like in VAG cars). The features & their activation/deactivation seems to be hard-coded in the software and not editable. Been more than an year of ownership, but every time I start driving, I curse the BCM for this missing auto-lock feature. Haven't been able to get over it.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd December 2020 at 10:57.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:13   #3506
BHPian

Hi All,

Wanted to provide a quick update on the waiting time for the Nexon.

I happened to book a Nexon Petrol Automatic XZA+ (O) on Dec 5th with Adishakthi Motors, Bengaluru. I was told 8-10 weeks of waiting time upfront. I enquired across multiple showrooms across Bengaluru to confirm and all of them said 8 weeks atleast. Today when i called the SA, i was told that a car which was booked on Oct-10th was billed yesterday (21 Dec 20). So it looks like Nexon is seeing a waiting time of 2.5 months or more. :(

Also, I happened to read about a hike in car prices from Tata motors starting Jan-1. So I called up the SA to enquire if they have any information on the impending hike. SA doesn't have any info yet. Will post an update once i have the info from SA.

Regards
Naveen

Last edited by naveenp : 22nd December 2020 at 11:21. Reason: Sentence correction
naveenp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 15:18   #3507
BHPian

Took my harrier for the first service yesterday and happened to come across a Nexon which was running on a CNG kit fitted from outside. Actually surprised and actually looks like an opportunity for TATA here.

Had a long chat with the owner and here is what he shared.

This is the Nexon XE base model, which ran around 72000 km in 1.5 years.
Out of which from the last 1 year he is been running it entirely on CNG and facing no issues at all.
Getting mileage of 24 to 28 kmpl throughout depending upon the driving conditions.
He used an old CNG tank, except that all other parts and fuel lines, everything was new.
Actually left with enough usable space even after having such a big tank inside the boot.
Forget to ask him how this will affect his vehicle's warranty
Sharing the pictures below for reference.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-0cf2e2cf611e4fac9a78d48f920ab6dd.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-5efc5e00b5894a9bbff0f13b5f63fef9.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-9a38de683bd6444eb6ef0e2acea0ee08.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-92949655eb664f4ca8e1863e663e6076.jpeg

Last edited by Highh5 : 22nd December 2020 at 15:19.
Highh5 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 16:57   #3508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Took my harrier for the first service yesterday and happened to come across a Nexon which was running on a CNG kit fitted from outside. Actually surprised and actually looks like an opportunity for TATA here.
I wonder if the spare wheel can be accessed (and taken out) from the under carpet housing with this tank in place. Either the carpet has to be flexible material (which means it will bend when things are kept on it) OR it has to be foldable at the edge below the tank.

Either way - I think it will be pretty tricky to pull out / store the spare wheel under this tank since the loading lip is also pretty high in Nexon. I'm not sure if the angle required to slide the wheel under the tank - can be achieved.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 06:33   #3509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ask them if just the ECU flash can be done.
The SA did this and the speed sensitive locks are intact . Not sure if it due to change of engine oil or the ECU update, the engine is a lot smoother now, the slight vibrations at idle have gone down. Post the ECU update, the drive mode revert to City on every restart. As i use City mode most of the time, this is fine for me. The rear seat latch issue still remains, the SA was not too confident of working with the seat cushion, i too did not want to risk them tearing seat covers. Will have to check this out on an accessories shop.
knaveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 14:10   #3510
BHPian

Guys, finally the Foliage Green Nexon XZ+ petrol came home last Friday. A small 'Bought the car' thread coming soon. Drove the car for about 500km till today and the Nexon has exceeded my expectations. I love it. The seats are excellent. All good, except the entire buying experience with inexperienced SAs at the dealer.

Here is something that happened during the delivery:

So, after the delivery, the SA started giving me the customary demo of the car, all the switches and things. Even though I was well aware of how to use them, I let him demo the car completely as is customary and out of respect. He was showing me how to fold the back seats. The XZ+ variant comes with 60:40 split, so you can fold the rear bench separately in 60:40 ratio. So he folded the back of the seat without folding the base of the seat - resulting in a partially folded seat without any real use of the space gained. Imagine how folding only the back of the seat will look like without folding the base. I asked him don't we have to fold the base of the seat first and then fold the back of the seat to get a complete flat surface? He says no this is how it is fold. I asked him if he is sure and that I have seen it in other cars. He said he is sure and picks up the phone and calls another SA and asks him about this. He says okay okay to the person on the other side of the phone and proceeded to tell me with a confident smile on his face:

"Sir, I told you, the XZ+ comes with 60:40 split seats, so you can fold the seat only 60, it won't really come 100% flat, it comes only 60% flat" .

I folded the seats properly to complete flat by folding the base first and showed him. Shows how the SAs are trained poorly.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 24th December 2020 at 14:39.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks