Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 17:58   #301
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

I need one suggestion/guidance from fellow BHPians regarding the payment for TATA Harrier XZA+.

I booked the vehicle last week with a TATA dealer in Chennai. As per the dealer's latest email communication, the booked car is in transit and has a manufacturing date of October 2020. Now, he is insisting on me to make the balance payment. I already paid him 21k as booking amount and later on 5 lakhs rupees once the vehicle was allocated.

Shall I pay him anything more (part or full) before the pre-registration inspection?
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:24   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post
I need one suggestion/guidance from fellow BHPians regarding the payment for TATA Harrier XZA+.

I booked the vehicle last week with a TATA dealer in Chennai. As per the dealer's latest email communication, the booked car is in transit and has a manufacturing date of October 2020. Now, he is insisting on me to make the balance payment. I already paid him 21k as booking amount and later on 5 lakhs rupees once the vehicle was allocated.

Shall I pay him anything more (part or full) before the pre-registration inspection?
You should clearly tell him that you will make the entire payment only after inspecting the car. If you make him the entire payment now you are going to struggle if you find any defect in PDI. As it stands you have almost paid 25% of the payment already to the dealer.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:44   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post

Now, he is insisting on me to make the balance payment. I already paid him 21k as booking amount and later on 5 lakhs rupees once the vehicle was allocated.

I paid entire amount after pre-registration inspection. I told them if they didn’t allow this I will simply cancel the booking . May be my case is an outlier, but my dealer was ready for that . I think you should clearly tell them about the payment terms .
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 11:13   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Some really rough driving in this review. If anyone knows where this was shot, try checking this car at the local dealership of SRT Tata. There is a sticker of this dealer on the rear window.
Very poorly informed reviewer. He says it is rated 5 star in Global NCAP and Europe NCAP test, BHP-ians know very well that the Harrier has never actually been tested.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 15:36   #305
Senior - BHPian

My BIL is in market for a new car, Harrier XZA+ is one of the car in consideration. I was trying to check for a deal on the the insurance for it and apparently Harrier is a declined model in Tata AIG, means that they don't insure this particular car.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201014-15.30.31.jpeg  

Old 14th October 2020, 17:13   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
My BIL is in market for a new car, Harrier XZA+ is one of the car in consideration. I was trying to check for a deal on the the insurance for it and apparently Harrier is a declined model in Tata AIG, means that they don't insure this particular car.
Yes, TATA AIG is not covering TATA Harrier . I also tried to get a quote from TATA AIG, hoping that it will be easy to settle the claim of TATA car with TATA insurance.

However, the TATA SC has tie-ups with National Insurance, The New India, Liberty General, and IFFCO Tokio insurance (as per information from Chennai dealer). It will be more hassle-free later on if you go with these insurance companies.
I would suggest you give the online quote to the SA from these companies; he may offer you the price that may be closer to your quote.
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 23:22   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I got my Harrier XZA in March 2020 and I took Tata AIG insurance. Being a Tata group employee, I assumed this offer was better. I paid 59000 for B2B insurance with an IDV 17.86 lakhs. I am not sure what changed between March and now that Tata AIG is no longer providing insurance for Tata Harrier.
Old 15th October 2020, 09:23   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Some really rough driving in this review. If anyone knows where this was shot, try checking this car at the local dealership of SRT Tata. There is a sticker of this dealer on the rear window.
https://Youtu.be/or14c1aVuJk
I could see Malayalam signages and ad's, perhaps taken the TD car from SRT Coimbatore, TN and ventured into neighboring Palakkad in KL which is hardly 40 KM's. This car has a TR and I don't see TD written or registered, so my worst fear is this some customer car?
AirWind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 19:02   #309
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

I am looking to buy a Harrier XE and will be upgrading the tyres to 17inches.
I am confused whether i should buy A/T or more soft road tyres. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 17th October 2020, 05:23   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
This car has a TR and I don't see TD written or registered, so my worst fear is this some customer car?
Such stunts must never be performed on any road worthy car, however well built it may be. Cars are designed for driving, not this nonsense. I am sure if someone tries to do this once too often in a Harrier, something will give away in the chassis/ or the cabin.
Old 17th October 2020, 10:30   #311
BHPian

How I will open the boot from driver seat in Tata harrier 2020 models . There is no boot release switch and switch in the boot is not active if the car is on
Thanks in advance
Old 17th October 2020, 10:40   #312
Senior - BHPian

Just for clarification, when the car is on, is your car's central locking on at that moment as well? Also, is there a button for central locking?

I guess you have to press the button for central locking so that the boot can be opened by pressing the boot opening button at the back. Thats how it works in most cars.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 14:54   #313

Happy to note I booked a XZA Calypso Red Harrier 2 weeks ago and I decided to take the car that was on display so got delivery within 4 days. I exchanged my 2015 Fluidic Verna Diesel and got 5 lakhs for it plus 40000 exchange bonus. Along with that got a discount on insurance.Wanted to thank everyone here for their views and posts that helped me decide on Harrier.

Reason for XZA - Not much interest in sunroof. Power adjustable driver seat also not that big of a miss. I happened to get a model manufactured in Feb (as above mentioned, I took the piece that was on display) and this model had lumbar support lever for driver seat (added bonus I guess). The branch manager said that the lumbar support was removed from XZA later and made exclusive for XZA+. Not sure if he was just trying to convince me to take that specific car but anyways again not a big issue for me. I have attached photo below of what I think is the lumbar support. Do correct me if I am wrong. Auto dimming IRVM was the only thing I will maybe miss but it didnt seem worth the additional expense.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201017-1.31.52-pm.jpeg

1 week in very tough to get a proper idea of the car but here are my views
Negatives first -
1. Unfortunately got the water in fuel warning and had to take my car to service center within 2 days. I dont know if this was a mistake from Tata or Shell petrol bunk where I filled diesel after taking delivery. Bit of a worry but resolved now.
2. Noise of the engine - Much more audible even during traffic (as compared to my previous car Verna Fluidic). Not an issue for me but my dad is displeased about this. I actually like the sound. It is I guess a good sound that gives it a nice SUV feel (personal choice)
3. The Android Autoplay stopped working on the first day. Became fine after a restart of the car. I guess the car runs on Windows But even then, the Android auto on this car is not perfect. I feel a lot of delay in music playing, pausing, etc. The voice commands are not great either.
4. The boot door of the car is quite bulky and heavy. My parents and wife find it a bit hard to close it. And even the closing has to be done with a lot of force. Otherwise it doesnt close perfectly.
5.This is more of a complaint against Tata Motors dealers than the car - The dealers near my house in Bangalore - Prerana specifically were horrible with their service. It was like I was doing them a favor. No call backs, no follow ups after test drive, no interest to offer some discount (even if for the sake of it) - simply horrible. I was therefore forced to find another dealer called Kropex about 25 kms away from my house. This was a bit of a pain but I have to say the Sales personnel and branch manager at Kropex were very good in terms of their service. Faced a bit of delay in getting a refund (extra value for my exchange of Verna) but not that big an issue.

Positives
1. All the above issues related to the car are not that big an issue for me. Overall I find this car to be very good on first impression. Having had an Indica almost 10 years ago, this is an amazing change for a Tata Car. Breaks the stereotype of "Tata Car". I find the drive experience to be very nice.
2. Driving - The power is amazing. Eco mode is more than enough for city driving. City mode also has more power than needed for city driving in traffic. Did few short highway drives to try out the car and the power is brilliant. Coming from driving Manual for almost 15 years, the transition is very nice. The gear box is smooth, transition of gears very smooth and the power in Sports mode is amazing. Coming from a top end diesel Verna I am used to good power and this car really doesnt leave me wanting for power.
3. Cabin - Love the amount of space there is in this car. Family is very happy with the back seat and the amount of leg room and head room. Seats are also very comfortable. Lot of storage space in the door. I saw many reviewers on Youtube complain about the rear AC ducts being on the side. I personally like it there. The person sitting in the middle seat of back seat gets the AC flow from front and for people sitting at the windows this is perfect.

Overall, very happy with the car and looking forward to some proper long drives once COVID blows over!

Btw, I wanted to know if any Harrier owners have installed a dashcam. Wanted to know how you powered it. Any way of concealing the wire?

Thanks again for all the help!

P.S - While I like my cars and driving, I am not and expert like most people here so forgive me for any errors in my post! I have just given my personal view.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201010-9.55.00-am-1.jpeg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201010-9.55.00-am.jpeg
redevil is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 15:06   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post
Happy to note I booked a XZA Calypso Red Harrier 2 weeks ago and I decided to take the car that was on display so got delivery within 4 days. Wanted to thank everyone here for their views and posts that helped me decide on Harrier.
Heartiest congratulations man! The Harrier is a true beauty. I mean I would anyday pick it over a Creta/Seltos for 2 Million bucks.

I have a request thought. Could you please share some more pictures. The Red harrier always fascinates me.

Moreover, an initial ownership review would do wonders.

Cheers!
Old 17th October 2020, 15:19   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post
The branch manager said that the lumbar support was removed from XZA later and made exclusive for XZA+. Not sure if he was just trying to convince me to take that specific car but anyways again not a big issue for me. I have attached photo below of what I think is the lumbar support.
That is indeed the lumbar support. The current brochure doesn't mention that the XZA variant has lumbar support so I guess what the dealer told you is right. Unless the recent XZA variant owners say otherwise. Lumbar support is much more important for longer drives as compared to electrically adjustable seats, so I guess you got lucky.

I believe bhpian josephnishanth has installed the dashcam. You can check with him.

Congratulations on your purchase!

Last edited by rags.singh : 17th October 2020 at 15:23. Reason: added about dashcam
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks