Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 10:30   #3811
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Rear seat mod in my Thar.
Installed a Chevy Optra Front passenger seat in place of the stock fixed bench seat. It slides, reclines, uses the existing seat belt.
Has enough luggage space for 3 and Doggo is also happy.

Costed Rs.1500/- (Seat), material Rs.500/-, Installation Rs. 0 (DIY), Seat Upholstery Rs.1500/-

I have used existing seat mount points so no permanent change/mod to the veh. But yes had to cut the stock mat few places.

Now I can easily fit in adequate luggage or 2 cycles or the Doggo. Generally been using the top rack to hold luggage.
Really interesting.
Can you put more pictures of different angles. How does it look when viewed from the rear tail gate.
And when the seats are folded or tumbled. Etc.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 20:26   #3812
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My sexy red Jeep reaches the showroom . Sleepless nights begin!

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221205-19.24.01.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221205-19.24.53.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221205-19.24.54.jpeg
GTO is offline   (80) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 20:56   #3813
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My sexy red Jeep reaches the showroom . Sleepless nights begin!]
Good. You have got MRF Wanderer tyres as can be seen. But Im guessing youre going to change soon. The red convertible is the best looking Thar there is just no doubt about that.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 21:00   #3814
BHPian

Quote:
My sexy red Jeep reaches the showroom . Sleepless nights begin!
Congrats! Please let us know after the delivery what exactly is the middle protruding thing in rear bumper which looks like a sensor. AFAIK, Thar comes with 2 sensors in rear bumper.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 21:00   #3815
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
But Im guessing youre going to change soon.
Yep, rims & tyres being changed even before I bring her home. 5-spoke rims and Maxxis / BF Goodrich swap.

Quote:
The red convertible is the best looking Thar there is just no doubt about that.
Haha! You can say that again. My entire family is flipping over the pics. I don't remember this kind of excitement for any other car we brought home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Please let us know after the delivery what exactly is the middle protruding thing in rear bumper which looks like a sensor.
Reversing camera, I reckon? Chose it from the accessory sheet.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2022 at 21:02.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 21:26   #3816
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, rims & tyres being changed even before I bring her home. 5-spoke rims and Maxxis / BF Goodrich swap.
Congratulations GTO. Perfect color for this , this is my fav color as well for Thar.

You going for 18" or upszing, negative offset.

Do share pics once done

And all the best wishes
Puneet0051 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 21:36   #3817
BHPian

Quote:
Reversing camera, I reckon? Chose it from the accessory sheet.
Great! From my past experiences, accessories are installed at the time of delivery. I guess this was installed at dealer level, right?
Old 6th December 2022, 11:27   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Really interesting.
Can you put more pictures of different angles. How does it look when viewed from the rear tail gate.
And when the seats are folded or tumbled. Etc.
Attaching a few more pics.
Front of the seat gets fixed to the vehicle with a custom T kind of plate and in the rear one point gets fixed directly to body, other point gets fixed with a small plate as in pic.

The seat goes quite a bit fwd and folts to vertical. So if no rear passenger then I can fit a cabin size suitcase behind the rear seat and more luggage on it. So even with the dog bed I have adequate space inside for luggage for two.

Last evening had a long hour plus drive with wife, kid n Doggo and seems rear passengers found it all OK.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-7d1c4ae78bca4f109e1525235f362e78.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-214a300b9bb245ad9b16c1fca39cb8ba.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-b094f0bf9c634f64a26d3ef0a1075e7c.jpeg  

techfreak is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:45   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*
Please do not change alloys. One thing Mahindra have done well is the wheels. They are beautiful (maybe I hold the bee?).

Cheers
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 12:10   #3820
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone been able to successfully remove that blue protective layers from MRF Wanderers tyres on Thar?
On Ceat / Maxxis its very easy but not the case with MRFs.
Old 7th December 2022, 01:49   #3821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Has anyone been able to successfully remove that blue protective layers from MRF Wanderers tyres on Thar?
On Ceat / Maxxis its very easy but not the case with MRFs.
Yes, I managed to remove it and yes it doesn't come off easily. Takes a lot of scrubbing. Need a normal clothes plastic scrubber, soap water and a lot of patience. First put the soap water and scrub a little. Then, let it soak while you do the others and come back to it. Took me about 4-5hrs. It was worth the effort for me coz I really hated the blue on the tyres. Now the white is not so white but way better than the blue haha. Here is a pic of how it looks once the blue is scrubbed off.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20220906_154512.jpg  

ravishankr89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 12:00   #3822
BHPian

Hey fellow proud Thar owners,

While I have been thoroughly enjoying road trips on my Thar (Rajasthan, Himachal, UP, Uttarakhand covered), I have noticed that the engine temperature climbs up if the speed goes between 100-120 kmph. It remains at the ~50% mark at all other speeds/instances. Only when the vehicle crosses 100/110 kmph, the engine temp bar creeps up by about 5-10% (approx estimate, basis visual observation, don't know the exact temp range).

I have the petrol automatic.

There is no loss of power / heat emanating into the cabin etc. If one wouldn't notice the temp bar, the change would be imperceptible while driving.

Thanks
rohan.xj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 12:07   #3823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankr89 View Post
Took me about 4-5hrs. It was worth the effort for me coz I really hated the blue on the tyres. Now the white is not so white but way better than the blue haha. Here is a pic of how it looks once the blue is scrubbed off.
The moment i read 4-5 hours, i dropped my cellphone

I tried to do it myself once and couldn't get it off much, only half a letter. Also i am not sure those White Markers you get online for tyres would last long and may look bad really quickly.
Old 7th December 2022, 12:31   #3824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The moment i read 4-5 hours, i dropped my cellphone

I tried to do it myself once and couldn't get it off much, only half a letter. Also i am not sure those White Markers you get online for tyres would last long and may look bad really quickly.
Well, I told the car wash guys to do it a couple of times. They clearly didn't have the patience. They just said it won't go but i'd seen videos on youtube where the guys remove the blue off the BF goodrich tyres and that came off super easily. I really disliked the blue so had to do it. It is tedious no doubt. Hope your cell phone is fine

I'm also unsure of the online white markers staying on and looking good, especially if the original blue has not been taken off. The blue might seep through and become a bigger mess. The blue is essentially detergent but i don't know what MRF has done for it to be so hard to get off haha

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th December 2022 at 12:43. Reason: Please use proper capitalisation while typing.
ravishankr89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 14:30   #3825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpools View Post

A Small Upgrade for the Thar Head Lights

Most of us who own the New Thar must have had this thought right after driving at night for the first time: the headlights are dull, orangish, and outdated. For me, the stock headlamps are unbecoming for a car of the price category that the New Thar sits in.
A smart and easy upgrade without fiddling with the OE design of the reflectors (I had also upgraded to brighter burning Osrams in my GT TSI some time ago)

That said, I feel there are more Thars with aftermarket lights (white bulbs or retrofitted LEDs) on the roads than with the stock set up (which not only looks woefully outdated but the dull yellow headlamp also clashes horribly with the bright white LED DRLs)

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 7th December 2022 at 14:37.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks