Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 23:40   #976

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

I booked my Safari XZI - Tropical Mist on June 9, 2021 as soon as my SA told me that a Safari XZI - Tropical Mist was readily available. I dismissed it as sales talk but nonetheless I went ahead and paid a token amount to book the vehicle.

And yesterday (16th June) it finally happened!!! I got to see my beauty and beast all rolled into one sweet ride!!!

Now that terrible wait period begins as we wait for RTO Gods and Dealer's minions to get the car registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
Bipin Car Accessories no :098207 46465.
Thank you Nitsat for sharing this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Profesor View Post
I would suggest that you go to the yard and not make any payments till you know that you have been given a clean car. I am going to visit the showroom once more before the delivery date just to ensure that no damages have occurred in transit from Bhiwandi to Prabhadevi.

Hope this helps
Thanks El_Profesor. This certainly helped. I asked my SA to send pics of the car from Bhiwandi yard along with close-up pic of VIN. Only then did I give a small DP and asked him to get it to Mumbai where I did a physical inspection before making further payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Please check at Sion Accessories market - I got 7D mats for my Endeavour at 4500 bucks. Very good quality.
Thanks Ulhas. I will certainly check them out. Is there a specific shop you would like to recommend?
Patro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 08:19   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro View Post

And yesterday (16th June) it finally happened!!! I got to see my beauty and beast all rolled into one
Congratulations. That is real quick. Wishing you a hassle free delivery and great rides with your new beauty.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th June 2021 at 18:21. Reason: fixing the quote tags. Thanks
NitSat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 09:23   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked my Safari XZI - Tropical Mist on June 9,
Congrats Patro for your new addition.
But what is XZI variant, is it XZ+ or any new variant has launched?
Tropical Mist color is good in normal version as well though it's special color for Adventure version as of now.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 10:05   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
A request to all 2021 Safari owners:

Please confirm if the car's ground clearance is enough when fully loaded. The fully laden GC is 143 mm, 10 mm lesser than its 5 seater counterpart's. What does this translate to in real life, since the numbers don't tell the real story? Ground clearance also depends on the wheelbase, suspension tune etc.
Ahem, anybody, pretty please? I'm curious how a fully laden GC of 143 mm satisfies so many buyers for a SUV - and I'm not being derisive here. I've wondered for long, what ground clearance is and how it comes to be, beyond the actual GC figures...whatever insights anyone provides will be helpful.
Old 18th June 2021, 19:06   #980
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I just had a TD with 7 adults on board and driven in all kind of roads and some off road sections too. Everyone felt comfortable and no where it hit the bottom with fully loaded.

Engine pull/power is too good and with sports mode ON, it's another beast totally. I haven't felt any power needed even in eco mode.

one observation. I was able to connect my iPhone 11 Pro wirelessly with Safari Apple car play and it functioned smoothly.
most of the applications are available too.

Driveability is good and seats are comfy including 3rd row seats.

For my requirements, it's very well fit to T. 6 seats and luggage space
aks_karthik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 21:19   #981
BHPian

Two queries related to Safari Infotainment system
1. What is the latest version of software?
2. I checked Safari XZA+ and one thing I noticed is, the infotainment system stays ON even after I switched OFF the vehicle using the push button. The system was switched OFF only after I opened the driver side door. Is it the normal working?
Old 18th June 2021, 21:37   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Two queries related to Safari Infotainment system
1. What is the latest version of software?
2. I checked Safari XZA+ and one thing I noticed is, the infotainment system stays ON even after I switched OFF the vehicle using the push button. The system was switched OFF only after I opened the driver side door. Is it the normal working?
1. Latest version is R16.09 if I remember correctly.
2. This is normal behavior. It shuts off after driver exits. MID stays on for few seconds after locking the car.

Quote:
Ahem, anybody, pretty please? I'm curious how a fully laden GC of 143 mm satisfies so many buyers for a SUV - and I'm not being derisive here.
I can explain from my pov- not everyone is looking to buy a SUV to do offroading 24x7. You can call these pseudo suvs or whatever but lower GC means ingress-egress is easier and car handles better as center of gravity is lower. As long as its sufficient to handle rough roads and potholes, most buyers will be ok with lower GC with these trade-offs.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 12:29   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
I can explain from my pov- not everyone is looking to buy a SUV to do offroading 24x7. You can call these pseudo suvs or whatever but lower GC means ingress-egress is easier and car handles better as center of gravity is lower. As long as its sufficient to handle rough roads and potholes, most buyers will be ok with lower GC with these trade-offs.
I'm not an off roading person myself; the reason I would seek good laden GC in a SUV is to avoid situations where the car becomes a liability by beaching itself like a whale on a road hump or speed breaker. Those are strong words, I know, but I've been there before. So anyway, 143 mm of laden GC does seem enough for the 2021 Safari. Noted.

I've been forming theories in my mind as to what ground clearance is really about and which factors affect it...
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 13:43   #984
BHPian

Quote:

I've been forming theories in my mind as to what ground clearance is really about and which factors affect it...
Experts can weigh in, but I believe GC is impacted by lot of factors- mainly chassis type (Ladder ones are usually higher than Monocoque), Wheel size /Tire profile and suspension setup. But GC is only one of the factors to consider for off-roading others are wheel articulation, approach/departure angles and ofcourse 4x4 and differential setups.

Maybe a good idea for a dedicated thread on Technical Stuff.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 14:14   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely a good idea and I've been meaning to write something on it and also elicit our members' knowledge on the topic. And I'm not even a 4x4 guy.

I've seen owners of the lower variants of the Marazzo lament their lower GC due to the lower diameter wheels; but they definitely get to enjoy better ride comfort due to the higher aspect ratios of the smaller tyres. There's definitely a trade off involved in GC versus comfort; I would personally seek both but who am I kidding?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 15:55   #986

Quote:
I'm not an off roading person myself; the reason I would seek good laden GC in a SUV is to avoid situations where the car becomes a liability by beaching itself like a whale on a road hump or speed breaker.
I Have to agree with you. I have been in a situation where the 530d we were in (en route to goa) just sat itself on a speed breaker in Davangere. We were able to move it only when 3 of my friends got off the car. It was only 4 of us in the car

IMHO- customers would definitely settle for an SUV with 160mm GC.
Big_Turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 18:08   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Turbo View Post
I Have to agree with you. I have been in a situation where the 530d we were in (en route to goa) just sat itself on a speed breaker in Davangere. We were able to move it only when 3 of my friends got off the car. It was only 4 of us in the car

IMHO- customers would definitely settle for an SUV with 160mm GC.
Exactly! That situation when you have to ask the passengers to get off so that you can un-beach the whale is one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced in my erstwhile Swift! The GC matters a whole lot more for 3 row people carriers. I can imagine my horror when I have to ask 6 or 7 of my passengers to get off so I can un-beach the whale!
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 18:54   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ally-need.html (Ground Clearance: How much do you really need?)
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 20:42   #989
Senior - BHPian

6 way Power Seats

I have a doubt, whether power seats can be down or up without going backward or forward.
whenever i try to down the seats, it simply downs and going backward, the same for ups and going forward.
I am unable to simply up or down the seats alone without forward or backward motion.
whether i have controlled the power seats button wrongly.
Any assistance is appreciated....
Old 19th June 2021, 22:08   #990

Quote:
And yesterday (16th June) it finally happened!!! I got to see my beauty and beast all rolled into one sweet ride!!!

Now that terrible wait period begins as we wait for RTO Gods and Dealer's minions to get the car registered.

Thanks El_Profesor. This certainly helped. I asked my SA to send pics of the car from Bhiwandi yard along with close-up pic of VIN. Only then did I give a small DP and asked him to get it to Mumbai where I did a physical inspection before making further payment.
Congratulations! That was super quick

I’m on hold too because of the RTO issues. Apparently, RTO is taking things digital and cutting the agents out but as usual, no one has a clue about the process. I’ve been told that the next update is due on Mon/Tues and hopefully the delivery will happen by the end of the week.

Insurance - Done
Choice number - Done
FASTag - Done
Car - Missing
El_Profesor is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks