Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 22:45   #3436
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
Thanks for clearing confusion.

I'm having a query about adaptive cruise control in manual variants. I read somewhere that acc is used in manual variants too, to slow down the car till a certain speed in case of possible collision. This helps to decrease the severity of accident.

Do you have any idea about XUV 700 having similar feature in manual variants??

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
I believe there is no adaptive cruise control in manual variants, you might have read about the autonomous braking system.
Manual variant does have cruise control, see attached images.
on other hand, adaptive cruise control is only available in automatic.

Name:  Screenshot 20211203 at 10.36.57 PM 1.png
Views: 1365
Size:  421.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20211203 at 10.38.06 PM.png
Views: 1154
Size:  455.7 KB

Please check my post here about variant differences -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5207837 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 07:36   #3437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Booking status has finally moved to “order processed” and it gives a one month range for delivery, 19th May to 18th June in my case. The earlier mail from Mahindra had mentioned June as the estimated delivery month. So overall some movement on the booking and a date range for delivery. Small mercies and all that .
Thanks! I was in the same frustrating state for two months. Now checked, and for me also it shows 'order processed', and delivery date is 14 June to 14 July. I am not too bothered about that, given that other cars also have a waiting of at least two months.

Those who really want a quick delivery, and are switching to other brands like Safari just for that, isn't it better to pay a premium if around 1 lakh to your dealer and get quick delivery (read that dealers are offering such options)? It will still work out cheaper than the comparable Safari variant.
Old 4th December 2021, 07:55   #3438
BHPian

Apparently AX 5 AT doesn't get hill assist control. If it is true, won't it be an issue on AT on inclines/ slopes?

Any pointers on this?
Old 4th December 2021, 09:44   #3439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
Apparently AX 5 AT doesn't get hill assist control. If it is true, won't it be an issue on AT on inclines/ slopes?

Any pointers on this?
ATs, especially torque converters do not pose any issue on inclines, unless, may be the incline is very steep.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 09:57   #3440
BHPian

Quote:
Is your query about engine braking. Engine braking? If so, I think with the option to switch to manual mode, we should get decent braking.
Old 4th December 2021, 10:44   #3441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
Thanks for clearing confusion.

Do you have any idea about XUV 700 having similar feature in manual variants??

Thanks in advance
As per user manual, ACC is only available in Automatic version (please see screenshots below).

However, for cars without EPB there is a limited automatic collision avoidance support. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211204_104215.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211204_104117.jpg  

mahesh.alse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 11:28   #3442
BHPian

Quote:

Any pointers on this?
I had spent quite a bit of time hunting this info earlier, here is what I found, I will try to answer all possible queries around this -

Does hold work on "D" mode on hill incline?

Yes, confirmed by SA.

Does it get Auto Hold?

No.

Does it get Hill Assist?

Yes, confirmed by SA.

Does it get Traction Control?

I don't have firm confirmation about this, but i noticed it present in recent AX5 AT interior image from you tube.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211204-10.51.28-am-2.png

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211204-10.55.25-am.png
Old 4th December 2021, 12:30   #3443
BHPian

Customer returned Brand new Silver Xuv700 and Mahindra replaced it with Midnight Black xuv700

Some points taken from the video.
1. Brand new Silver xuv700 developed some nag.
2. Mahindra replaced the car with a mid night black xuv700 without hassle.
3. Highway mileage for petrol automatic 14/15km (another car).
4. Customer is really happy with car and smoothness of engine.

fazalmirza is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 14:56   #3444
BHPian

Speechless at this shamelessness. These things used to happen under the radar till now; such blatant promotion on social media is new to me.
Attached Images

IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 15:27   #3445
BHPian

With delivery dates all over the place, I was wondering whether I should cancel the booking. I don't need car immediately though. Current ones doing their job decently.

So, decided to take one more round of test ride with family today morning before making the final call. It was great weather in pune and everyone enjoyed the long test ride on the highway. We all came back smiling and mentally prepared to get delivery in early 2023 but XUV700 it is!!
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 15:50   #3446
BHPian

Hey everyone. So I've been having few contacts with fellow Mahindra owners and prospective owners lately and based on a commonly known fact that vehicles are produced in batches according to the colors(or so I've been told), seems like with the input of fellow prospective owners, it may be assumed as follows:
  1. In the initial production of the vehicle, it seems that great emphasis has been placed on Dazzling Silver and Electric blue colors, and these vehicles would be delivered by Feb-March 2022
  2. For the March-May, again a combination of colors is being followed but much more emphasis is being placed on Red Rage and Midnight Black.
  3. May-June timeline seems much more specific to Everest White color and around 15 of fellow prospective owners who opted for Everest white have scheduled deliveries in this period, comprising of MT, AT and AX5 and above.
  4. July - September, sees a heavy shift towards AWD and Midnight Black color options.

Disclaimer: The months labelled above depict the average product and not exclusively the one color. I would emphasis that the data pool was limited and on the basis of around 70 known bookings, I have tried to compile this data. A lot of other factors may affect this assumption.

On another note, came across this post on Facebook. In all the typographical errors, this seems apt with the current delivery schedule. Seems like the next generation may finally be honored with a XUV7OO. Committed Date of Delivery is in the year 2099.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-2099.jpg  

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 4th December 2021 at 15:52.
Moto_Bear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 16:06   #3447
BHPian

Tata Safari v XUV7OO

This was the comparo I was waiting for.
Sirish does it best. And he did.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 4th December 2021 at 16:09.
fazalmirza is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 16:08   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Speechless at this shamelessness. These things used to happen under the radar till now; such blatant promotion on social media is new to me.
Bookings of such people should be cancelled immediately.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 17:07   #3449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
As per user manual, ACC is only available in Automatic version (please see screenshots below).

However, for cars without EPB there is a limited automatic collision avoidance support. Hope this helps.
Thanks again
I'm sorry as I may be sounding foolish but that exactly is the reason for optimism regarding partial acc in manual versions.
As acc disengages below a particular speed (around 20kmph) in AT without EPB, similarly there's usually a provision of slowing down till gear shift is necessary (around 60kmph) in MT vehicles this is what I read online.

My question was if 700 has this concept in MT variants.

Just being optimistic

Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 17:32   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post

On another note, came across this post on Facebook. In all the typographical errors, this seems apt with the current delivery schedule. Seems like the next generation may finally be honored with a XUV7OO. Committed Date of Delivery is in the year 2099.
That’s normal, even mine is same, I think since Mahindra moved allotment process to third party, when dealer enters info into OTF (Order Taking Form) they have to put some date, since they don’t know the probable date till form is proceeded by third party, they are going with 2099.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks