Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 16:27   #7681
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Another query - any specific reason, you didn't go for rear bumper guard? I do not want to but just wondering on pros and cons.
I got it installed. I was absolutely disinterested in it, until I witnessed a rear-ending right in front of me. Thereafter, the decision was easy: Protection first, aesthetics later
GPJ_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 16:45   #7682
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
Its been quite some time that I have posted anything here in this thread. I have something interesting to share and need some help too at the end of this tale.
Cut 1, I have had booked my XUV 700 D MT on 7th Aug 2021 and received it a whole year later i.e. on 18th Aug 2022. It was a Jul’22 manufactured unit (atleast that’s what the VIN says). As most folks of that batch I got a car devoid of a spare key and the sequential tail lights. I did get a writeup stating that there is no second key and sequential indicator with your car. The availability of the former to be in 3-4 months and the latter is, God knows when. Then as soon as I was about to take delivery of my car, Mahindra announced (Not sure if it was official or unofficial but that is what the Customer Care Chitrakoot told me) everything is null and void and all that you are entitled to is the 2nd key.
Cut 2, 3rd week of November 2022, I get a call to collect my 2nd key, for which I was told beforehand that I will have to wait for another 3-4 hrs. at the service center. I thought to myself, I have waited for a whole year for the car and 4 whole months with 1 key what would another 3-4 hours would matter. So, I went on the designated day and thought to make the most of this 3-4 hour at the service center. So, I used the 3Ps approach. Please do not confuse it with the 3Ps of the Marketing (People, Process & Product).
The first P i.e. Pleading, which I did with the service engineer to somehow get me the sequential indicators since I have the copy of the letter of the promised feature. It did not work and trust me I did it for the whole amount of limited facetime that I had with the guy. All that I got out of him was a vague promise “Sir, I will look into it” which was more of a good riddance kind of deflection strategy from him. I returned back heartbroken, then I shifted gear to the second P i.e. Pester. I pestered him in the upcoming weeks over calls, WhatsApp messages and SMS. I literally had set up a reminder at a particular time of the day to send the messages. After that I downshifted to the proven P of all i.e. PATIENCE. The feature that irrespective of the model you purchase from the house of Mahindra, you as a customer ought to have by default.
Cut 3, 2nd week of January 2023, I get a call from my service engineer and hear the golden words, “Sir its available”. Being a middle-class Indian mired by lack of blissful luck I rechecked “what is available”. He said, “the sequential indicator”, I asked “How much would it cost me”, he mentioned “Free of charge”. For dramatic effect it sounded like the “Free Free Free” from the 3 Idiots movie. So, I immediately scooted out there on the very next day to grab it before it vanishes. As you can see in the attached images, (sorry not a great editor hence not uploading the video rather some snapshots), it works as a charm- and hence the Car is complete now.
Now between Cut 2 and Cut 3, owing to my middle-class resourceful brain, I somehow have had managed to procure the sequential tail lamps from a distributor in Delhi, thinking that my 3P method will fail and since I did not get any firm answer from the service guy. Interestingly the day I paid for the shipment, the very next day I got the call from the showroom confirming the availability of the sequential lights which they will replace for free.
Hence the epilogue of the story is where I seek help from this community. Now that I have two sets of sequential indicators, one that is fixed on my car by the showroom and the other that I procured myself, (Attached below are the pics of the same) anyone who is living in and around Bangalore, especially near Whitefield area please DM me or mail me your contact number on my mail id (montypt510@gmail.com) and I will reach out to you. I do not intend to make a profit out of these spares, however, please note that the cost of procuring these sequential taillights for me personally have been more than the MRP as it includes the shipment fee and the obvious premium paid for the rarity of this part.
So, for all those who are pretty sure that they do not qualify to have the sequential taillights replaced by Mahindra, and still want it any way can reach out to me, and I just have 1 set as spare.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-tl.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Monty1 : 17th January 2023 at 16:58. Reason: auto correct
Monty1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 18:21   #7683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Aesthetics - dint like the looks of the guard at all.
Yes, I agree about the bumper protection but my worry apart from legality is about the overall safety. I had read the bumper guards may compromise safety in case of an untoward accident. But, I was wondering if bumper guards compromise on safety, why would Mahindra sell them as official accessory as Mahindra takes pride in its safety ratings.

Cheers,
Vins
Old 17th January 2023, 19:08   #7684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Yes, I agree about the bumper protection but my worry apart from legality is about the overall safety. I had read the bumper guards may compromise safety in case of an untoward accident. But, I was wondering if bumper guards compromise on safety, why would Mahindra sell them as official accessory as Mahindra takes pride in its safety ratings.

Cheers,
Vins
Safety of front/rear bumper guards have always lead to a wholesome healthy debate on the forum with equal participation from both parties

For me personally - my front and rear bumpers are simply sacrificial components designed to absorb the bumps and prevent/reduce the impact on the shell to a certain extent. I would prefer them take the impact any day.

I don't think you could go wrong either ways, don't sweat much on it and go for it if it is in your budget and you are ok with the looks of it. Added benefit - will help in reaching the car roof during car wash

If you are going for it - Mahindra has three of them to choose from if I am not wrong : ABS Plastic, Aluminum and Stainless Steel. My preference would be Aluminium one.

Last edited by Sandegov : 17th January 2023 at 19:35.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 21:11   #7685
BHPian

And here is another price increase by Mahindra for XUV700. Agree that at this time of the year every manufacturer increases their prices owing to the new year to offset the rising costs during the year, but Mahindra has been doing it almost every new quarter.

With an average of 6K deliveries per month for XUV700, Mahindra has been consistently increasing prices every 18K - 24K deliveries. Without affecting even a single addition of any new feature.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230117-8.58.18-pm.png

Overall Since the launch of the AWD Luxury model, the prices have increased up to ~3 Lakh INR including the increased 4th and 5th year warranty. Not to mention the corresponding increase in RTO charges too. So much for booking 2 months later
gurminder_81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 23:25   #7686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
And here is another price increase by Mahindra for XUV700. Agree that at this time of the year every manufacturer increases their prices owing to the new year to offset the rising costs during the year, but Mahindra has been doing it almost every new quarter.

With an average of 6K deliveries per month for XUV700, Mahindra has been consistently increasing prices every 18K - 24K deliveries. Without affecting even a single addition of any new feature.

Attachment 2407505

Overall Since the launch of the AWD Luxury model, the prices have increased up to ~3 Lakh INR including the increased 4th and 5th year warranty. Not to mention the corresponding increase in RTO charges too. So much for booking 2 months later
It's not clear from above. Are the prices hiked for xuv700? By how much? Couldn't verify the news in other portals
Old 18th January 2023, 09:24   #7687
BHPian

Long post alert but I wanted to share my experiences after a week of ownership, 1000 kms of driving and first service.

1. Drivability: Any number of superlatives would not do justice to the sheer power of this engine. If you want to push and zip past people, whether from standstill at a signal, or driving on a highway, this one will leave everyone behind. Noise and vibration is very well contained. If I may level any criticism, it would only be that paddle shifters and slightly better gear ratios would have made this even better. Coming to the proportions of the car, navigating through the narrow lanes (for Bangaloreans' attention - I am talking about Hoskerehalli and Koramangala by lanes) was largely fine. I cannot stress enough on the assistance of 360 degree camera here. For those who are considering between AX7 and AX7L, this feature alone is worth the extra money and wait, especially if you are upgrading from a smaller car. On the highway of course, its size doesn't come in the way of enjoying the drive.
2. Mileage: Best - 14 kmpl, Worst - 5.6 kmpl. On average, with a mix of highway and city its around 11 kmpl. Purely city yielded between 7-8 kmpl. Reason for getting these varied figures was that I kept fiddling around the infotainment system and resetting every now and then. For context, the best figure was achieved with cruise control set to 80 kmph without many interruptions for about a distance of 30-40 kms. The worst figure was in the interior roads with constant stop-start and requiring quick accelerations. Not the kind of driving one would usually do for a long periods of time.
3. ADAS:
360 degree camera - I have already mentioned the tremendous help the 360 degree camera is, not only in parking but also navigating tight spots (picture hap hazard parking of two wheelers and autos in an already narrow street with another car/truck coming from the opposite direction). The camera feed which can be summoned by the touch of a button and it stays on screen till you reach a certain speed.
Lane keep assist - Used this on my drive to Tirupati. Its pretty good as it keeps you decent when it comes to changing lanes, it lets do it without hassle if you indicate. As seen in many videos, it does kind of steer on its own, but it is what it is called, an assist and should be strictly used as such. With your hands on the wheel, it assists you nicely and reduces your effort. The other setting, warning only, also works fine with a vibration on the steering if you try to leave the lane without indicating. Both of these only kick in after crossing 60 kmph. Personally, I switch it off within city limits.
AEBS - Extremely good feature, even in the city. Unlike what I thought initially, i.e., in the city it will be an annoyance, it is actually pretty good. It kicks in only if you do not have your foot on the brake. It is a helpful reminder if you are driving in too close to a vehicle, but does not interfere too much if you are zipping inside the city. I have it in normal setting and don't think will be switching it off, ever.
Adaptive Cruise Control - While the cruise setting works well, the adaptive part is only as good as the driver in front In any case, to maintain a speed and steadily cruise, it is very handy. I also noticed that the mileage seems to improve when you set the cruise at 80-90 kmph compared to me trying to manually maintain that speed. However, I should mention that I had cruise control in my previous vehicle, and honestly, I did not use it much on that. I don't see that mindset of mine changing much except if I am tired and on a long stretch of empty road.
Other ADAS features - Got the high-beam boost post 80 kmph but for any sort of high-beam to work, you have to use it manually, as in if it is on the auto mode, it is pretty much useless as the car will not keep the high-beam on for more than a second, it is very sensitive to any light directly ahead. Driver drowsiness detection never kicked in (as I did not feel drowsy at any point in the close to 600 kms covered in a day). Other alerts do their job and chimes in, but in a non-intrusive way! Blind view monitoring is a 50-50. It is helpful in some situations and not really in others. In the day time if you indicate while moving straight, the blind spot is covered well. In night, a cyclist or two wheeler without their light on will not be seen. Also, while turning the steering wheel, the view is obstructed, so not of much use. If there is a ditch or something that you can't see on the side, it is still a struggle to use the screen while turning and you are better off summoning the camera feed on the infotainment system instead.
4. Suspension: Happy to report that there are no unwanted sounds at any point and at any speeds - broken road, sharp potholes, scientific and un-scientific speed bumps, etc. But in terms of its performance, I was disillusioned to a large extent. For context, my previous car was a Duster. The suspension on that was amazing and XUV 700 at best was on par only, whereas, for some reason I was expecting something better. In any case, no real negatives.
5. Infotainment system: Did not use any of the native apps really so not much to comment. Tried to use the map and the use of the display ported to the instrument cluster. It looks fab but its performance in terms of suggested routes is limited. I am more than happy relying on Google. I had stable android auto connection throughout so nothing to complain about. Google assist works like a charm (Alexa was not used at all, except any time anyone said anything that sounded like Alexa and it kicked in). One thing that should be addressed is What's App call. There is not even an alert on the screen for the call and has to be operated through the phone only. Messages though can be heard and responded using voice assistant. The touch response is not super slick, but not bad either. I am yet to use intelli-control effectively. Speakers sound fabulous, although none of us are real audiophiles!
Overall, I am very happy. It might not be turning heads any more as the novel factor is gone, but I am enjoying it. The kids absolutely love the sun roof. The lack of boot space with all rows is a bother, but work around solution is to carry soft duffle bags as opposed to suit cases. Long trips will have to be with at least one seat on last row being folded. My friends absolutely love the exterior color. The interior will be tough to maintain, I figure that either Mahindra or an after-market solution without compromise on the airbag will come around eventually and we will go for it when it does!
GPJ_23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 11:07   #7688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
It's not clear from above. Are the prices hiked for xuv700? By how much? Couldn't verify the news in other portals
My SA has sent the new price list as well (see below from Anant cars Bangalore) . The ex-showroom price for AX7L P AT has gone up by 50K.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230118-11.06.17-am.png  

amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 11:53   #7689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Hence the epilogue of the story is where I seek help from this community. Now that I have two sets of sequential indicators, one that is fixed on my car by the showroom and the other that I procured myself, (Attached below are the pics of the same) anyone who is living in and around Bangalore, especially near Whitefield area please DM me or mail me your contact number on my mail id (montypt510@gmail.com) and I will reach out to you. I do not intend to make a profit out of these spares, however, please note that the cost of procuring these sequential taillights for me personally have been more than the MRP as it includes the shipment fee and the obvious premium paid for the rarity of this part.
So, for all those who are pretty sure that they do not qualify to have the sequential taillights replaced by Mahindra, and still want it any way can reach out to me, and I just have 1 set as spare.
Guys I have uploaded few videos of the sequential indicators, please check them out

Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 12:05   #7690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,
Its been quite some time that I have posted anything here in this thread. I have something interesting to share and need some help too at the end of this tale.
Thanks much , just in time for me - I am in a similar boat and working with my SA for the past few weeks for the rear seq lights that was promised at time of delivery, there's some confusion if my vehicle should get it or not but they are working through it and I have the letter as well with me

Oh BTW - mine is of same color as yours and same reg series too KA03NM

Last edited by Sandegov : 18th January 2023 at 12:12.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 13:56   #7691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Long post alert but I wanted to share my experiences after a week of ownership, 1000 kms of driving and first service
Well written @GPJ_23. I have only driven half the distance you have done (weekend commitments restricting very long drives). My experience is mostly on similar lines to yours. I am getting about 14-15 KMPL (60% highway & 40% city).

Couple of observations / clarifications :
  1. AEBS The demo person advised me to strictly keep it off for city drives. Infact, he stated, the only YELLOW indicator allowed during normal rides is AEBS OFF. I was worried on getting rear-ended in the city if I would run with AEBS. Your experience with bumper to bumper city drive is positive.

With this AEBS OFF, ACC doesn't get operational automatically. To fiddle with the settings menu during the drive is a bit of annoyance & avoidable distraction.

2. AT goes to 2-2.5K RPM during initial acceleration Approximately, an equivalent of shifting from 2nd-3rd in Manual. I remember reading in this thread, this is the expected behaviour until the engine break-in period and will settle down to lower RPMs later.

3. Auto setting for headlight lamps This is a boon. The headlamps & the cornering lamps work well for entry to exit out of dark areas (e.g., parking slots).

4. Google maps vs native navigation Abirnale had also referred to this in his post. Near flyovers, the native navigation seemed to clearly indicate, to take the ramp or the road below (very helpful in Bengaluru). Google maps will eventually bring this level of detailing too.

Last edited by haribalram : 18th January 2023 at 13:57. Reason: Line spacing
haribalram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 16:37   #7692

First service / Sequential Tail lamp indicator / Apple carplay update -

Took my car in for the first free service today. I couldnt complete 1000Kms but reached the one month milestone.
I purchased the car at Zulaikha Ambattur but took it for service at MM Motors Ayappanthangal (Chennai).

General first service update - Couldnt get the appointment last week due to Pongal rush and holidays but finally booked an appointment today via the app.
Overall the service was good. The did all the basic checkq required for first service (Oil check, Suspension re-torque, brakes check, electronics etc.)
Additionally I requested them the below things -
  • The piano black plastic on the rear LH pillar was not factory fitted properly. I noticed this only after delivery. This was fixed during the service
  • Installation of memory card. Completed during service
  • Apple carplay update - The technician told me while take delivery after service that the apple carply update was not performed as they are waiting for the latest version (ETA Feb) and the old one has been stopped by Mahindra. But to my surprise, I found after reaching home that Apple Carplay was enabled. I immediately connected it with my iphone 13 pro max and it worked perfectly. Fingers crossed this doesnt cause any issues to silver box.
I requested them not to wash or clean the car. Which they did not for the most part, but there was water sprinkled from nearby cars, which caused water marks all over the front. This was the only negative in an overall positive experience.

Biggest surprise of the day - Rear sequential indicators
I took the delivery of my car (AX7L) in Dec 2022, so had no hopes of getting the rear sequential indicator delivered early. Moreover I though this was dependent on the dealership and not the service center. Since I took it to a different service center than my dealership, I didnt even as the service advisor or follow up with him on the rear seq. indicator.

To my surprise, the service advisor himself called me up and said that my car has been flagged for rear sequential indicator installation.
I tested it out and it works great.
So without any follow ups, escalations I got the rear indicator installed in a month old car.
My recommendation for anyone who is waiting for this part - check with your service center first.
harish11128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 16:46   #7693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
And after an year of waiting, the day finally arrived where I got my hands on my very own XUV 700 (AX7L P AT). I wanted to share my overall delivery experience and first drive impressions. But before all that, a note of thanks for all the Team BHP friends on this thread. After following this thread extensively for over an year, the car felt familiar from the very first drive ��
Congratulations on bringing the Beast home and I sincerely hope that it serves you well.
We bought our XUV700 AX7 L Petrol AT in December 2021. One year and 10000 kms later it still is a gem to drive.
It's an excellent urban SUV and does grab a lot of attention on the road. An excellent choice made overall.
My father really loves the ADAS features on it and they are pretty useful in the area of Pune we live in, where the roads are well paved and wide.
Floor the mStallion motor and it will bring an instant smile to your face.

Happy Motoring and Cheers
Siddharth

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th January 2023 at 17:06.
SID7115 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 18:11   #7694

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Mileage Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag200 View Post
Hello all! I would like to ask all XUV700 Petrol AT owners and MT owners, What is the average fuel efficiency you are getting in the city and on the highway ? Would greatly appreciate your answers. I own the Petrol AT and i generally average 8-9 km/l in the city and 10-12 km/l during highway runs.
I drive a petrol Manual & average around 6.5 to 7 in the city , 8 rarely when not pushing the car(within speed limits in second and third gear). On highways I get consistent 11.5-12 within 100-130 kmph speed & a sharp 10-10.5 when pushing beyond. I have reached 14 on expressway driving with cruise control on at 120 kmph for 200 kms.
Old 18th January 2023, 18:25   #7695

Last few weeks, i've been facing some slowly increasing noise only while accelerating and braking. The best way i can describe it is if someone took a old creaky coil spring and flexed it. like on an old bed :-). And it was quite clearly coming from the front. It didnt initially happen while just turning the steering lock to lock or while pressing any of the pedals (pedal springs) while in off condition. It also didnt happen on bad roads where the suspension was a lot more active

Took it to svc today after i got a slot with the dude who looked like the senior technician , only called on for complex debugs.

Given the type of sound and the context, he suspected it was the shock and replaced the front right one under warranty. After finishing the re assembly, the noise was 95% gone, but would still creep in occasionally (thats how it all started). So either the part helped and the left one needs to be replaced too, or its just improved because of bolt retorquing. He suggested a more comprehensive debug if time was available, basically check all the nuts/bolts on the subframes and engine mounting assemblies. I was a little way to embark on such a large exercise, so said will wait and watch..

But in the process, i also observed the "football" sound coming from the rear. I know many have reported this before, but dont recall seeing any rootcause or recommended fix

I am choosing to live with it for now, lets see how quickly it degrades...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks