Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 20:57   #2236
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Got some upgrades done to my Z4.

These include seat covers, soft touch to centre arm-rest, silver grab handle, soft touch on door arm rest and piano black switches. Also got the steering wrapped (not shown here).

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230125_080426.jpg

Replaced the ORVM with auto folding ones. These work both from inside and when I lock/unlock the car.

Got DRLs fitted along with alloy wheels. Plus the signature chrome sting on window. The fog lights work with the OEM switch.

Attachment 2415218

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230119_083323.jpg

Got a mirror dashcam which sorts the issue of the lack of a reverse camera.

Not shown here but I also got a wireless charger fitted to the car which has been working well. All upgrades were done aftermarket except for the alloys. No wire slicing anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230119_083337.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 6th February 2023 at 10:40. Reason: Images resized.
rodeoz is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 21:15   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Got some upgrades done to my Z4.

Not shown here but I also got a wireless charger fitted to the car which has been working well. All upgrades were done aftermarket except for the alloys. No wire slicing anywhere.
These look great! Could you share where you got it done from?
Old 6th February 2023, 08:22   #2238
BHPian

Also, could you please share the make and model of the dashcam? Also include the price if possible. Thanks!!
Old 6th February 2023, 09:35   #2239
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
So I bought the Tusa air inflator - the one which comes with a 12.10ft cord. It just barely manages to reach the driver side front nozzle. That too when you make sure the cord takes the minimum route to the tyre and the nozzle is as much towards the door as possible. But I couldn't find any inflator with a longer cord so I guess it is what it is.
Hi Rodeo,

You can get a 12V extension like this, It has made life easy with the rear 12V socket.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-ext.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Scorpio N owners, please share your review on high speed stability of the vehicle. Here is a YT review where owner is saying ScorpioN is unstable over 120 KMPH.

https://Youtu.be/lss9nTQ5aeE
This is clickbait. I have driven it to good speeds myself and never felt it going out of control.

I am not encouraging high-speed driving and it was just to test the N's capabilities. Otherwise, I feel more than 120 is not a safe speed on Indian roads because of the other drivers who drive on the wrong side or suddenly come on your line when least expecting or wandering animals.

There is not an iota of doubt about N's capabilities and handling at high speed.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th February 2023 at 10:33. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
AtulC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 14:12   #2240
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hi Members!

Finally have the means to book my Z8L AT in November/December.
However, there's a huge dilemma:

I've experience both 2.2 mHawk and 2.0 mStallion. I love both the engines.

1) Get the 4WD Diesel and have full touring capability through slush and snow with nice tank range and decent NVH.
Then later regret not having a crazy fast RWD petrol.

2) Get the Petrol variant and grin ear-to-ear on ghat and hilly roads while having a silky smooth experience and incredible NVH.
Then later regret not having 4WD capabilities for touring remote places.

Luckily I've got about 9-10 months to decide so any and all input would be appreciated.

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 6th February 2023 at 14:13.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 14:55   #2241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
However, there's a huge dilemma
If your use case warrants 4wd setup, then the choice is straightforward - diesel it is. However, the S-N is quite capable in its RWD avatar as well and can easily tackle rough terrain, albeit leaving you wanting in certain scenarios like snow driving, rock crawling, etc. I'd say, review your use case exhaustively and take a call.

Personally speaking, I'd always go with 4x4 variant of an SUV, if available. Good luck
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 15:36   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally have the means to book my Z8L AT in November/December. However, there's a huge dilemma:

1) Get the 4WD Diesel and have full touring capability through slush and snow with nice tank range and decent NVH. Then later regret not having a crazy fast RWD petrol.
mHawk is no slouch either. Even if you've the slightest inclination for off roading, touring or venturing out to off beat places, hinterlands etc, do go for the 4*4 and diesel undoubtedly and get firing on all cylinders. Trust me, a capable off roader opens up a new world to you - both in life and in motoring. If you're after a "crazy fast RWD" petrol, you're better off not considering a tall body on frame SUV like Scorpio N and the likes.

Cheers,
bibendum.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 6th February 2023 at 15:41.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 20:47   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
These look great! Could you share where you got it done from?
One shop called Jai Auto at Rama Road Delhi, although quite a few offer it now in Karol Bagh. The soft touch, steering wrap, silver grab handle and piano touch is also offered by some dealers. The wireless charger costed me 9k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Also, could you please share the make and model of the dashcam? Also include the price if possible. Thanks!!
It is RedTiger T27 available on Amazon for 16,990. The hardwire kit is also available online if needed.
rodeoz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 06:15   #2244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, there's a huge dilemma:

If you are after a smooth and fast driving experience, want to tackle winding roads better etc., it is better to get the XUV700 Petrol than the ScorpioN petrol. You will be able to exploit the RWD fun-to-drive factor, such as sliding the car in corners etc. mainly in low-slung sedans like the German ones. On a tall heavy SUV like the ScorpioN, RWD actually makes it harder to gain traction on snow or slippery surfaces than FWD. With a petrol engine on such a heavy car, FE and range will be very poor.

If going with 4WD Diesel, get the ScorpioN. If you want a 2WD Petrol, I would recommend the XUV anyday, which will be much more fun to drive, efficient and comfortable.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 11:05   #2245
BHPian

Is there any news about the BS6 2 RDE compliance for the Mahindra Scorpio N Diesel ? Has Mahindra notified about this anywhere in the media as i am unable to find anything on the Google . As someone who lives in the national capital region and planning to buy a diesel auto , its better to have the latest than being unable to drive your car because of GRAP Norms which come up arbitrarily .

Last edited by drift2race : 7th February 2023 at 11:17.
Old 7th February 2023, 18:51   #2246
BHPian

Finally got delivery of my black beauty - Scorpio N Z8L Diesel Automatic few days back. The vehicle is absolutely stunning and head turner for sure. Here are few pics. Will be starting an ownership thread very soon.

Attachment 2415926

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230202_115205.jpg

Attachment 2415928

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230202_174826.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230131_154604.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230202_112647.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 9th February 2023 at 10:35. Reason: Resizing large image to fit the default page section. Thanks.
HappyRoadie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 09:57   #2247
BHPian

I installed LED Fog Projectors for my N. They are awesome.

Here is the final result!

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-a0001.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-a0002.jpg

Here is the performance

All the details of the product, installation, etc are given in this thread (for those who are interested)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-market-3.html (Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market)

Night driving will never be the same again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
If you are looking for a good dashcam, then I would suggest Wolfbox. It has a 4k front and 2.5K rear camera, which records even when the car is parked. The best thing about it is that the dealer is super helpful and supportive throughout. One call and he will be there to assist you. That is the main reason I have recommended it to others confidently and no one has been disappointed to date (I don't get anything from him by the way ). Buy it with the hardwire kit. It comes for 21,000 all-inclusive.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th February 2023 at 10:36. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
chipsnchops is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 22:46   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
If you are looking for a good dashcam, then I would suggest Wolfbox. It comes for 21,000 all-inclusive.
Any reason why someone should buy Wolfbox over RedTiger? As far as I know both are manufactured by the same company and have identical specs and features. Plus RedTiger is cheaper. All inclusive was 18.5k.

Last edited by rodeoz : 8th February 2023 at 22:48.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 10:55   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio-N waiting period

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230209_105349.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 20:07   #2250
Team-BHP Support

Saw this roof rack on a ScorpioN today - very well made with sunroof clearly out of the way.

Is this from Mahindra?

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20230209_200648_gallery.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks