Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 12:16   #961
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Crusoe (my T-jet+) seems to be acting weird after every detailed wash. Once the check number plate lamp alarm came on after the wash at Speed Car Wash (Noida). Got the lamp checked and the service adviser said it was loose. This time it seems more serious. I got the car washed on Saturday and in the evening when I turned the car on I got a message on MID "AirBag failure, refer to manual". The Airbag failure lamp wasn't on. I turned it off and cranked again but didn't get any message. I again got the same message twice on Sunday. The manual says, if the Airbag failure lamp goes off after starting the car, then it's fine. The message appeared when the airbag failure lamp was off. I called Fiat service, they have asked me to get a scanning done. The issue is that I am busy during weekdays and Fiat guys are extremely busy during weekend.

Has anyone faced something similar? The message hasn't appeared after Sunday. Could it have been caused due to water making contact with some sensor or switch?
Old 12th September 2012, 13:38   #962
Senior - BHPian

From what have I read on various forums, the most likely cause seems to be weak battery or battery not charged fully. Then the next cause could be some water escaped to some electronic part which should rectify on its own.
All the best of luck, keep us updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Crusoe (my T-jet+) seems to be acting weird after every detailed wash.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 13:52   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvmanoj View Post
Took delivery of my FTA Tjet + last evening.... prob the last of the original batch. I think I am in love!
Manoj, congrats on the buy! Enjoy the ride and treat the car well...

I took delivery last week, but still not driven her much; regn got delayed

^Biraj did you wash the engine compartment? I think it is often the culprit, especially where they use high-pressured water.

Last edited by johy : 12th September 2012 at 13:53.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:15   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone faced something similar? The message hasn't appeared after Sunday. Could it have been caused due to water making contact with some sensor or switch?
That mostly is due to a weak battery, it comes once in a while and then goes away. I was getting this error message for 2-3 months, got my battery checked and a few cells were dead, got it replaced and never saw the message again.

Wont suggest on jumping straightaway to a new battery, have the battery checked though, its mostly related to it.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 14:51   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Crusoe (my T-jet+) ..

This is definitely from water making contact with a sensor, another case where a warning is displayed is when water falls around the door/boot sensor, it goes off once the water dries up.

I have seen the airbag failure in the new Fiesta after interior detailing, having owned a Ford earlier we knew that sensor malfunctions are more frequent that actual failures. The message disappeared by morning after the cleaning agents had dried.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 17:12   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Crusoe (my T-jet+) seems to be acting weird after every detailed wash. Once the check number plate lamp alarm came on after the wash at Speed Car Wash (Noida). Got the lamp checked and the service adviser said it was loose. This time it seems more serious. I got the car washed on Saturday and in the evening when I turned the car on I got a message on MID "AirBag failure, refer to manual". The Airbag failure lamp wasn't on. I turned it off and cranked again but didn't get any message. I again got the same message twice on Sunday. The manual says, if the Airbag failure lamp goes off after starting the car, then it's fine. The message appeared when the airbag failure lamp was off. I called Fiat service, they have asked me to get a scanning done. The issue is that I am busy during weekdays and Fiat guys are extremely busy during weekend.

Like everyone said that,airbag failure error code comes up due to battery going under load at start up,no problem with sensors,so do not lose your sleep on this

Last edited by akshay4587 : 12th September 2012 at 17:14.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 18:29   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
most likely cause seems to be weak battery or battery not charged fully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
That mostly is due to a weak battery, it comes once in a while and then goes away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
This is definitely from water making contact with a sensor, another case where a warning is displayed is when water falls around the door/boot sensor, it goes off once the water dries up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Like everyone said that,airbag failure error code comes up due to battery going under load at start up,no problem with sensors,so do not lose your sleep on this
Thank you guys! Feels much better now.
I hope it's just the water and not an issue with the battery, as that will lead to a number of discussions with Fiat A$$. Still, I will take to it to Oberoi motors on Saturday to get it checked.
I think I also need to ask the Speed car wash guys to go easy with my car as it gives one warning or other after every wash.

On a separate note, I was speaking with the sales guy at Oberoi (Noida) and as per him, T-jet will be launched again in 2013 with a facelift. He seemed confident about it and especially the fact that these guys have been retained as Fiat dealers after the Tata-Fiat split, makes them well positioned for such insider news. Keeping my fingers crossed! As much as we love the exclusivity, we wouldn't want to see this great product (T-jet) die a slow death.
Old 30th September 2012, 17:48   #968
BHPian

According to trusted sources , the count of Tuscan Wine TJets available is going to go down by 1 (one) soon
Old 6th October 2012, 13:02   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
According to trusted sources , the count of Tuscan Wine TJets available is going to go down by 1 (one) soon
What's the latest status of the availability of T-jets ? Are they all sold out or a few still lying around ?
Old 6th October 2012, 15:06   #970
BHPian

There is one available at Mumbai Dealer 1 Tuscan wine T jet plus. If anyone interested i can help you for it.One of the t Bhp Member got it from him and he stays in Delhi.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 09:46   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
There is one available at Mumbai Dealer 1 Tuscan wine T jet plus. If anyone interested i can help you for it.One of the t Bhp Member got it from him and he stays in Delhi.
Hey, how much did he get it for? I am very intereted... I had been to Wasan Kurla and they are not ready to budge under 9.5lacs all inclusive :(

PM me if u like.
Old 7th October 2012, 10:59   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey, how much did he get it for? I am very intereted... I had been to Wasan Kurla and they are not ready to budge under 9.5lacs all inclusive :(

PM me if u like.
9.5 is really high. I got it for close to 8.5 in Feb. I don't think the tax difference b/w UP (Noida) and Mumbai will be as high as 1 lac. I purchased a second car 2 weeks ago and at that point the same dealer had a T-jet+ and I could negotiate it close to Punto Emotion's (Diesel) cost. I settled for Punto as I already have a Petrol and 2 T-jets wouldn't have been too practical.

I am not sure how tedious will it be to take the car from Noida and get it registered in Mumbai. It might be interesting to explore especially when you have been smitten by a T-jet and the local dealer isn't offering a good deal.

Cheers,
Biraj
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 12:35   #973
BHPian

Quote:
I purchased a second car 2 weeks ago and at that point the same dealer had a T-jet+ and I could negotiate it close to Punto Emotion's (Diesel) cost.

Biraj
More details on this please ! Which dealer is this ? Did they have the TJet in stock ? What was the final price they offered ?
Old 7th October 2012, 16:28   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
More details on this please ! Which dealer is this ? Did they have the TJet in stock ? What was the final price they offered ?
Dealer is Oberoi Motors in Noida. He said there is a Bronzo Scuro in the plant. I got to know from some members in Myfiatworld that there are a couple (or probably just 1) T-jets left with Sterling motors (they are no longer in business) and they are available at some really crazy price. I didn't explore them as I wasn't inclined on another T-jet. Moreover, there are speculations of the cars being test-drive vehicles.

I didn't negotiate for final price but I am sure it would have been close to 8 or perhaps even lesser, if negotiated hard.
Old 7th October 2012, 17:05   #975
BHPian

Even at Kalyan at Balaji Motors they have three TJets left and one is tuscan wine which is 2011 and has H in odometer and other two are FTA which are 2010 make. Let me know if anyone is interested.
parimal_g is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks