Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 16:36   #4111
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

So the Shadowfax has completed 29,500 KM on the ODO, hence I called up the VW Palace cross showroom and booked a slot for my baby's second service. Though the service center is a little far away, but I prefer VW Palace cross as they are pretty professional and they did an excellent job in the last service.

The approximate cost for the second (30,000KM) service would come to under INR 9,500/- according to the service manager, depending on the usage of vehicle, as he said. Lets see how much this service costs me, hang on for more details on the second service. I guess this must be the first Vento Diesel on the forum which is going for the 30,000 KM service. Will scan and put up the bill as well on my thread.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 21:27   #4112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
So the Shadowfax has completed 29,500 KM on the ODO, hence I called up the VW Palace cross showroom and booked a slot for my baby's second service. Though the service center is a little far away, but I prefer VW Palace cross as they are pretty professional and they did an excellent job in the last service.

The approximate cost for the second (30,000KM) service would come to under INR 9,500/- according to the service manager, depending on the usage of vehicle, as he said. Lets see how much this service costs me, hang on for more details on the second service. I guess this must be the first Vento Diesel on the forum which is going for the 30,000 KM service. Will scan and put up the bill as well on my thread.
Great going my friend ! BTW, between the first and the second service did you have to do any engine oil top up ? Waiting eagerly for your update ( on your thread ? )
Old 1st March 2012, 22:57   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

Great going my friend ! BTW, between the first and the second service did you have to do any engine oil top up ? Waiting eagerly for your update ( on your thread ? )
No engine oil, coolant top up was required between these two services. I got the first service done on 11 July 2011, it's been 8 months, no top up :-)
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:11   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I guess this must be the first Vento Diesel on the forum which is going for the 30,000 KM service. Will scan and put up the bill as well on my thread.
Congrats for being first for second service, Mine is 25k done now.

During service, You may also want to check the following for replacement.
1). Fuel filter
2). Door beading replacement
3). New clutch hose replacement
Old 2nd March 2012, 01:55   #4115
BHPian

The family and I went for a small drive to Kovalam tonight, a distance of around 30 KM. Traffic was minimal as befits the time.

The second pic was taken immediately after the first, only stopping to switch off the phone's flash, which screwed up the first, so the figure dropped because I was idling, having pulled over to get the pics.

I hope I may be forgiven the smug grin.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120301019_tbhp.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120301020_tbhp.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2012, 21:04   #4116
BHPian

Does anyone know where I can get those cargo hooks that you can mount in the boot of the car?
They enable you to hang small bags and other stuff so that it does not bang about and spill the contents into the boot.
Laura owners will know what I am talking about.
pillainp is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:03   #4117
BHPian

Hello Everyone, I have decided to finally to bring home the Vento TDI Highline. Yesterday visited B.U. Bhandari showroom at Pune. First Impression was good (Though this was my second visit to the showroom. First was when I had bought my current car - Tata Indica Vista SAFIRE65 AURA ABS from B.U.Bhandari in 2010. Now they have ended their association with TATA and have opened Volkswagen Dealership at the same place). As soon as we entered the showroom we were attended by a lady who promptly asked which car we were looking for and asked us to be seated while she sends the sales exec. Within 2 minutes we were assigned a sales exec - Mr.Mandar Lalge.
Without getting much into the details , I will put my basic query. B.U.Bhandari have quoted on road price for 2012 Vento TDI Highline - INR 1115444.
Breakup :
Ex Showroom - INR 999956
Insurance - INR 39491
RTO (Pune Registration) - INR 75997
Total - INR 1115444.
I was offered a 31K corporate discount. Hence, final on-road price comes to INR 1084444.

Need your advise on below :
- if anything else I can negotiate on, though Mr.Mandar clearly refused any further discounts.
- One of the Vento's on display had MRF tyres instead of Apollo Aceleres. Should I insist on Apollo Acelere Tyres or MRF ZVTS?
- Anything else I should make clear to them or discuss before booking and getting the vehicle. I am looking for Shadow Blue color which, luckily they have in stock.

Please note - 2012 Vento TDI Highline now gets Leather Seats. Rest all remains same.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 14:30   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27
Without getting much into the details , I will put my basic query. B.U.Bhandari have quoted on road price for 2012 Vento TDI Highline - INR 1115444.
Breakup :
Ex Showroom - INR 999956
Insurance - INR 39491
RTO (Pune Registration) - INR 75997
Total - INR 1115444.
I was offered a 31K corporate discount. Hence, final on-road price comes to INR 1084444.

Need your advise on below :
- if anything else I can negotiate on, though Mr.Mandar clearly refused any further discounts.
- One of the Vento's on display had MRF tyres instead of Apollo Aceleres. Should I insist on Apollo Acelere Tyres or MRF ZVTS?
- Anything else I should make clear to them or discuss before booking and getting the vehicle. I am looking for Shadow Blue color which, luckily they have in stock.

Please note - 2012 Vento TDI Highline now gets Leather Seats. Rest all remains same.
- Find out independently about the insurance premium, I think u can bring that down a little
- I have JK Tyres, been performing decently even at speeds like 160, MRF IMHO, is better than JK Tyres
- nothing else, I guess they not offer much discounts, maybe u can negotiate and get parking sensors. Thought I don't like them and haven't got them

Last edited by noopster : 3rd March 2012 at 15:50.
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:25   #4119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Insurance - INR 39491
Thats a rip off . You can get it for anywhere between 22K - 28K from outside when you do it yourself . Do not mention anything to the dealer now , negotiate and squeeze out every bit of discount and book the car . Once the VIN is allotted let them know that you are going to do your insurance on your own .
You can easily get it done yourself from ICICI Pru, Tata AIG , Bajaj , etc

All the best
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:06   #4120
BHPian

We got our Insurance for 26K after 3K discount from SBI General Insurance Trivandrum. The rate quoted was 29K for bumper to bumper, and we got a 3K discount because my wife has her salary account with SBI Technopark TVM.

This was after EVM quoting 49K from Bajaj Allianz and 35K from Bharti AXA.
Old 3rd March 2012, 18:48   #4121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
We got our Insurance for 26K after 3K discount from SBI General Insurance Trivandrum. The rate quoted was 29K for bumper to bumper, and we got a 3K discount because my wife has her salary account with SBI Technopark TVM.

This was after EVM quoting 49K from Bajaj Allianz and 35K from Bharti AXA.
As far as I could get from my insurance agent, zero depreciation insurance has a base rate of 3.44% for 1600cc cars. This rate is applied on 95% of the ex-showroom value. To this you add third party ~ 1500. In no case does the insurance come to more than 28K. Any good agent will give you upto 20% discount on the variable component so you get between 2-3k off. Dealer insurance, except Maruti in Delhi are a rip off of the highest order.
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:57   #4122
Distinguished - BHPian

OK- just a caveat- I got this from my insurance agent: apparently Vento premiums have gone up this year and most agents are not passing on any discount at all (as opposed to last year). So it's quite likely premiums in absolute terms have gone up.

Absolutely agree with Souravc though- you MUST get insurance yourself. Dealers rip you off. No brainer there.
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:24   #4123
Senior - BHPian

Visited VW Whitefield today and took a small test drive of the AT. Felt good really. TD was only in D mode. Will be having a more comprehensive TD during a weekday coming week. Checked out 2012 model. Only addition is seat covers. They looked good actually! Price has gone up by 10k at least.

The price quoted for 2012 model:
Ex 933787
LTT 145111
Ins 36834
Reg 7000
Essential Pack 3192
Ext Warranty 10606
Price OTR 1136530

No discounts or freebies whatsoever except for Corporate Discount, if applicable. In my case it comes out to 25k.

There is an offer on 2011 models though. For AT model there is a cash discount of 50k + Corporate Discount of 25k + free Insurance (about 37k) + 2 year maintenance holiday (so about 20k). This makes for a cool 1L+ in discounts. Unfortunately they only had one piece left, June 2011 manufactured and in White. I let it pass. Will contact other dealers to know availability with them. Would have been interested if it was made around Oct-Nov or later.

Surprisingly VW quoted Insurance premium for AT (9.34L) is 37k. Honda's quote for comprehensive insurance on their AT model (9.55k) is 27k!!! VW overcharging there ??

Also looked at H City 1.5 V AT (without sunroof). OTR comes to about 11.5. No discounts at all (not even any Corporate Discount). Looks expensive to me!
Old 5th March 2012, 18:42   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Hi all fellow Vento owners,
Wanted to share some news with you all. Finally changed the old yellow light to white light with Philips Essential Vision H4 100/90W for headlamps, Philips Blue Vision W5W 4000K 5W for parking light & rear number plate and Philips Blue Vision HB4 9006 4000K 55W for fog lamps.

All done by myself D.i.Y. No problems or bulb out error. Now the car gets more attention on road and I'm loving it.

Do have a look and let me know your thoughts.
The Transformation from yellow light to white light.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 13:11   #4125
BHPian

Guys, Need some help from existing Vento TDI owners, especially from the recent 2012 production cars.

I am mighty confused between Vento TDI and Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. The link to my Cedia Sports TD experience is below :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2703075

Basic query : How would you rate Vento TDI against Cedia in driving dymanics, handling and capabilities of doing high speeds? How would it handle corners/lane changes at high speeds? In the near future, I would definitely do some Autocross Events, TSD's and a definite Leh Ladakh trip.

Additional 75Nm torque (cedia-175nm, Vento-250nm), Premium Cabin feel, Better Resale Value (I get this strong urges to change vehicle after 2 yrs) , Lower running cost (due to diesel) - Are the points pulling me towards Vento.
whereas
Cedia Sports has 10ps more (cedia-115ps, Vento-105ps), 10mm of additional GC, more space, handles well, have seen it attain high speeds with 300kg passenger load and its a unique car (rarely you see one on the road, hence makes head turn).

If Vento can match (80-90%, if not same or better) the handling, performance, driving dynamics, high speed capability of Cedia - I will close the deal with Vento TDI. Incase, the vento lacks in above parameters, I will go for Cedia Sports. Fuel is not my concern. My daily run is only 16Kms but since I do long outstation trips my average monthly run would come out to be max 1000-1200Kms (Atleast this is the trend currently. Covered ~25700Kms in 21months).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks