Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 11:01   #4156
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

skaja,
Thanks, i will try for further discount, but doubt i will have much success though.
I too asking him for the mud-flaps etc..
Did stock yard check on the car yesterday and find no issues at least during that 20 min . The Car is going for registration today. Planning to take the delivery tomorrow.
Only confusion left is the leatherette seat covers, i want beige one from the showroom ,but did not see in person the design so thinking whether to go ahead and order or to postpone this for later date.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:13   #4157
BHPian

el lobo ,
My bad, yes "The Dark Knight".
Completed stockyard Inspection and did not find any alarming observations. will get the car tomorrow.
I have downloaded from the earlier posts the Vas-com list of features that needs to be enabled , but that is a long list, is everything on the list needs to be enabled?
Otherwise as you mentioned, i will ask for explicitly Auto-Lock at 15Kmph, Auto-unlock when key is removed from ignition and Auto-Fuel lid lock at 5 Kmph .
Please suggest if i need to mentioned anything else.

Accessories getting tomorrow 1.3D mats 2. 3M sun film 3.art-leather seat covers form showroom 3. Mud-flaps .
I already got car Duster , MF clothes and ordered ONR solution.

Thinking to Name her “Night Fury”
Old 13th March 2012, 12:06   #4158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
skaja,
Thanks, i will try for further discount, but doubt i will have much success though.
I too asking him for the mud-flaps etc..
Did stock yard check on the car yesterday and find no issues at least during that 20 min . The Car is going for registration today. Planning to take the delivery tomorrow.
Only confusion left is the leatherette seat covers, i want beige one from the showroom ,but did not see in person the design so thinking whether to go ahead and order or to postpone this for later date.
Hey phani

Congratulations on your purchase. I was also offered 2011 car (I have booked the Petrol AT) and VW offered me the following discounts/freebies:
50000 cash discount
Free Insurance (37k in their terms)
2 year maintenance holiday (so about 20k)
Corporate Discount (25k in my case)

I think you should push for the 2 year maintenance holiday package. Its there on the Petrol version and it should be there on the Tdi as well.

Once again congrats and wish you many many happy miles on your "Night Fury". Sonuds awfully similar to some filmy character.
Old 13th March 2012, 12:51   #4159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the same leatherette seat covers from VW dealer but in dark shade and not beige. The beige seat covers color would be the same as the interior color, ditto. No difference. Just scroll through my ownership thread in the first post at the end have posted 2 pics of the interior.
The Dark Knight

Quote:
I have downloaded from the earlier posts the Vas-com list of features that needs to be enabled , but that is a long list, is everything on the list needs to be enabled?
Otherwise as you mentioned, i will ask for explicitly Auto-Lock at 15Kmph, Auto-unlock when key is removed from ignition and Auto-Fuel lid lock at 5 Kmph .
Please suggest if i need to mentioned anything else.
Most of the features are pre-activated, just get the three features I suggested you, more than enough. If you want a honk sound from horn every time you lock & unlock the car, that too can be done through VAS machine, but it becomes a nuisance during night time in residential area as VW horn is quite loud. But if you want a confirmation every time you unlock & lock do get it done too.

Quote:
Accessories getting tomorrow 1.3D mats 2. 3M sun film 3.art-leather seat covers form showroom 3. Mud-flaps .
I already got car Duster , MF clothes and ordered ONR solution.

Thinking to Name her “Night Fury”
All the accessories looks good. Do get the VW key chain from VW dealer, looks damn good even if they ask you to shell out for it.

"Night Fury" sounds good. Happy motoring.
Old 13th March 2012, 13:05   #4160
BHPian

el lobo,
i did checked and very much liked the seat covers on Dark Knight.
Does the deige shade do have the simillar finish ( design with wrinkle effect) ?, if so then i will order them
Old 13th March 2012, 14:57   #4161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
el lobo,
i did checked and very much liked the seat covers on Dark Knight.
Does the deige shade do have the simillar finish ( design with wrinkle effect) ?, if so then i will order them
Yes, even the beige shade has the same sticking and wrinkle effect (That's when in Apr'11 I made the purchase, do cross check if VW has made any changes which I doubt wont happen). But be warned, leatherette seats aren't that airy compared to fabric, due to heat it can cause moisture and sweat. But heck, it does look damn good and everyone I met appreciates it.
Old 14th March 2012, 16:46   #4162
BHPian

Guys, going for the PDI tomorrow. Made full payment to the dealer to ensure the car is invoiced before budget (16th March) so that the price hike (if any) post budget does not affect me.

Here is the final on-road cost break up of Shadow Blue Vento TDI Highline for the benefit of prospective buyers:

Ex-Showroom - 999956
RTO - 75997 (Pune Registration : MH-12)
Extended Warranty- 11145
Zero Dep Insurance (TATA AIG)- 32444 (This does not include NCB from my current car)
Total On the Road- 1119542
Corporate Discount- 31001
Final On Road - 1088541
No Accessories are being provided by the dealer. Only offer is the 31K corporate discount.

For the PDI tomorrow, I will be carrying , our very own Team BHP's PDI checklist and the VAS feature list. Have got the VIN decoded from Wildon and the car is 17-Feb-2012 manufactured.

Please let me know, if I should make any specific checks and things which I should definitely not accept irrespective of any explanation the sales team gives.

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 14th March 2012 at 16:48. Reason: Missed mentioning the car variant.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 18:16   #4163
Senior - BHPian

The Official Volkswagen India FB page is a scary place!!! Lots of dissatisfied people dishing it out at VW from all directions and regarding all sorts of issues (from dealer problems to booking delays to spare issues and what not, one person even cribbing about not receiving some free gifts!). Not a great sight really.

On the other hand do appreciate the company for having the courtesy of at least not running away from there. Dont know about resolution, but at least they are listening. I also left a query there (Is there a way to track bookings). Surprisingly they replied there is and I should contact my dealer. I had earlier asked my salesperson if there is a way to track bookings and he had replied in the negative!!!

Last edited by joslicx : 14th March 2012 at 18:17.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:35   #4164
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Your's might be the first 2012 vento on the forum and we look forward to your ownership report. Apart from the VAS and standard PDI, nothing much in addition for the vento. Most of the learnings by the existing owners are already documented in the vento quirks thread, do take a read, its worth your time.

On a seperate note, VW is offering 31k corporate discount on the car, I dont recollect anyone else offering this high a corporate discount. I'm putting aside the fact that the car is overpriced to begin with, which may actually be the reason for this high discount. M&M offers a paltry 5k corporate discount on scorpio and honda offers 12k on the new city range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
No Accessories are being provided by the dealer. Only offer is the 31K corporate discount.
I think every manufacturer will face similar situation in their respective FB pages, dont they? Afterall, we need to a medium to voice our displeasure and the best available means is through the internet. I have heard good things about M&M where the company addresses genuine complaints raised through their FB page. Having said that, I'm actually surprised that they responded back to you, none of my emails addressed to their customer care was even acknowledged, forget responding back!

As far as tracking your booking goes - all you will get from the dealer is your waiting number on the VW's booking system for your choice of variant and colour. Going by the current trend of dispatches, you can work out an estimate on when you will receive your car. This is documented in the "vento delivery delays thread", I suggest you take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
The Official Volkswagen India FB page is a scary place!!! Lots of dissatisfied people dishing it out at VW from all directions and regarding all sorts of issues (from dealer problems to booking delays to spare issues and what not, one person even cribbing about not receiving some free gifts!). Not a great sight really.

On the other hand do appreciate the company for having the courtesy of at least not running away from there. Dont know about resolution, but at least they are listening. I also left a query there (Is there a way to track bookings). Surprisingly they replied there is and I should contact my dealer. I had earlier asked my salesperson if there is a way to track bookings and he had replied in the negative!!!
Old 15th March 2012, 01:11   #4165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Your's might be the first 2012 vento on the forum...
I don't think so. According to my VIN as interpreted by wildon, my Big Blue was manufactured on or around 04 January 2012.

Haven't had the time (or the confidence) to put up an ownership thread, but I am girding up my loins as we speak.
Old 15th March 2012, 08:22   #4166
BHPian

Polo and Vento IPL Edition II
Old 15th March 2012, 12:18   #4167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80

As far as tracking your booking goes - all you will get from the dealer is your waiting number on the VW's booking system for your choice of variant and colour. Going by the current trend of dispatches, you can work out an estimate on when you will receive your car. This is documented in the "vento delivery delays thread", I suggest you take a look.
Been thru that thread already many times. In fact have been thru almost all vento threads here multiple times. That thread had not been updated for quite some time now.

Saw on FB people waiting for long time for 2012 deliveries. And now VW have launched this IPL2 edition (no doubt to clear 2011 backlog) some people on FB are claiming VW is NOT manufacturing any petrol cars in 2012. How true would that be?
Old 15th March 2012, 21:40   #4168
BHPian

Hi fellow vento-ens i have booked a shadow blue high line TDI, had a doubt on the iPod connectivity. Though the USB is provided in the glovebox, i read somewhere that it doesn't support iPod? is it true?
Saw a similar connector in the Jetta which was playing iPod/Iphone. Is it just a cable swap from jetta to vento or something to do with RCD 310 (In Vento) or RCD 310 Plus (in Jetta Comfortline_
Old 16th March 2012, 00:09   #4169
Team-BHP Support

newtonMeter, if its an older gen iPod, it might be connecting to the USB as a "Mass storage device", which would work fine. Not sure about the newer ipods that do not connect the same way.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 07:02   #4170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi fellow vento-ens i have booked a shadow blue high line TDI, had a doubt on the iPod connectivity. Though the USB is provided in the glovebox, i read somewhere that it doesn't support iPod? is it true?
Saw a similar connector in the Jetta which was playing iPod/Iphone. Is it just a cable swap from jetta to vento or something to do with RCD 310 (In Vento) or RCD 310 Plus (in Jetta Comfortline_
Unfortunately IPODs don't work via the usb. The player doesn't even identify it as memory drive. Haven't tried the old gen versions, so you could give it a shot.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks