Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 11:12   #781
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear ilangop - negotiate & pick it up. You may not get after some time. Best regards, behram Dhabhar
Old 24th July 2010, 15:46   #782
BHPian

Behram Sir & Mycarhasablower,
Thanks for your suggestions. Will update on this in a couple of days.
Please throw some light on the bearing numbers too.
-Ilango
Old 31st July 2010, 20:55   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

On Manish's request, here is the wiring diagram from the manual of my 1960 Select.

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-wiring.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2010, 21:13   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
On Manish's request, here is the wiring diagram from the manual of my 1960 Select.

Attachment 396676
Karlos, thanks a ton for the diagram. I see some script in Italian. Need to do babblefish translation to comprehend .
Old 31st July 2010, 21:17   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Karlos, thanks a ton for the diagram. I see some script in Italian. Need to do babblefish translation to comprehend .
I think those are simply colours, the translation of which is thoughtfully provided at the bottom.
Old 18th August 2010, 22:58   #786
BHPian

Scientific way to clean a car

( Only those will be benefited who is having patience to read complete post. Nomenclature used is for Padmini/FIAT but suits all cars)

I have seen so many car owners who get frustrated to see dust laden car. Especially when the car is lying outside for days together without cover and you have to clean within 5-10 mins before starting to office. Most of the time you will be in neat dress, no domestic helper and don't want to stick dust to your dress. Always I see car owners fron Balcony, fully confused with where to start and where to stop ? Sometime cleaning car sometime dress (especially if dark colour where dust can be seen). One can follow the scientific method (circular/sequential pattern) to clean the car.

1. Start with driver side window glass, door then lean on door to clean 1/4 of rooftop (top of driver)
2. Right side headlight bay, mudguard, wheel then lean on for half of front glass, bonet.
3. Both Headlamps, radiator grill, bumper, numberplate
4. Left side headlight bay, mudguard, wheel then lean on for half of front glass, bonet.
5. Front-Left window glass, door then lean on door to clean 1/4 of rooftop (top of co-driver)
6. Rear-left window glass, door then lean on door to clean 1/4 of rooftop (top of rear seat passenger)
7. Rear-left tail lamp bay, mudguard, wheel then lean on for half of rear glass, dicky.
8. Both tail lamps, bumper, numberplate
9. Rear-right tail lamp bay, mudguard, wheel then lean on for half of rear glass, dicky.
10.Rear-right window glass, door then lean on door to clean remaining 1/4 of rooftop.

Note- If you take 30sec for each, it will take 5 mins to clean complete car.If you take 1 min for each, it will take 10 mins to clean complete car.
Old 18th September 2010, 19:48   #787
Senior - BHPian

I am in need of some information regarding the parts required to install quarter glass assembly in a non cut glass car. Though this topic has been discussed earlier, the final outcome never came(just a tentative one to change the whole door). So i would like to know what else should be needed apart from the following:
1. Quarter glass
2. Side support
3. smaller door glass
I would also be grateful if anyone can suggest the correct removal procedure of these parts from the donor car.

The second thing i wanted to know is that whats the steel gauge of the S1 models. Actually the lower portion near the dicky, of my car, is totally gone so rather than getting the said portion fabricated(pretty costly), i thought to replace them with some older car ones, being scrapped. So please suggest what should i do in this regard.
Old 20th September 2010, 09:41   #788
BHPian

Guys, yesterday I accomplished a DIY of replacing the barke caliper kit, caliper and the wheel bearings and oil seals on the front right side wheel in my 118NE. Since I woke up late due to a regular weekend laziness, I had to rush up with the work as most of the spare part shops are closed in the second half on sundays. Will be repeating the same job this sunday on the front right wheel. Shall make a point to shoot some pics and post it down.

Ps: Sorry guys, I should have posted this under the 118NE thread. No clue if this could be moved there.

Last edited by ilangop : 20th September 2010 at 09:44. Reason: Wrong location
Old 20th September 2010, 13:31   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ilangop - that's good work you did. You would have observed that compared to what you are doing in the "company" where you work (I presume you work for a similar company in Pune as what I work for in Nasik), the build quality is pathetic. You are supposed to put 65 grams of wheel bearing grease per hub.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th September 2010, 17:56   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
You are supposed to put 65 grams of wheel bearing grease per hub.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,

Any specific reason for only 65 gm of greasing? In generators / Alternators I have seen extra greasing resulting in failure of alternator components.

Also I wanted to know what componets / bolts need application of antiseize compound?
Old 21st September 2010, 09:39   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ilangop - that's good work you did. You would have observed that compared to what you are doing in the "company" where you work (I presume you work for a similar company in Pune as what I work for in Nasik), the build quality is pathetic. You are supposed to put 65 grams of wheel bearing grease per hub.
Thank you Sir,
"I presume you work for a similar company in Pune as what I work for in Nasik" - Yes I do , but I am still a neophyte. The passion & attachment I have on my makes me overlook such negative aspects. Thanks again for the info on grease quantity / wheel. I think I have generously stuffed the bearings with a proper wheel bearing grease from Castrol.

Somehow the bleed screw on the right caliper assembly had a broken head (in the hand of the previous owner) due to which it could neither be removed not tightened. Is there a solution to remove it as it is on the vehicle itself. More over my hunt for a bleed screw was'nt fruitful. Need help.
Old 28th September 2010, 09:29   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
As well, it would be of great help if some one could mention the numbers for the following bearings for 118NE
1. Rear wheel bearing
2. Pinion bearing
3. Bearings for the planetary gear set
Guys,
Finally succeeded in making a copy of a bearing catalogue which contains the list of bearings vehicle-wise.
Old 30th September 2010, 19:24   #793

New to the Forum

Gentlemen,

I would like to introduce myself, as I am new to this forum. My name is Paul Vanderheijden, and I run a high performance development company specializing in early Fiat/Abarth/Simca automobiles.

I have an interest in the Padmini (Fiat 1100 -103) motors, and developments made for it in support of the product development work that I am doing for early Formula Junior cars. Many of these cars (Stanguellini, Volpini, etc) used the Fiat 1100 103 motor.

As I become more familiar with the forum, I hope to speak with many of you.

Kind regards

Paul Vanderheijden
Scuderia Topolino
Raleigh NC USA
Old 30th September 2010, 19:43   #794
BANNED

Welcome to Team-Bhp Paul.

You are in the right place where you can contact all Fiat 1100 Owners.

You can post any technical queries here.
Old 19th October 2010, 15:18   #795
BHPian

Spark Plug Sand Blasting System Query

Hello Everyone!

Not sure if this is the right thread to post my query. Wanted to check if there are any portable sand blasting systems available in India to clean spark plugs. Please do share your thoughts. I am the proud owner of a Premier 118 NE.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks