Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:07   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
That's quite odd. I would expect the Jetta to come with a buzzer or warning of some sort. Can other Jetta owners confirm nothing of this sort exists in the Jetta?
I've been guilty of driving off a few times with the hand brake on. There is a buzzer that goes off, along with the usual icon on the dash. It's exactly as you think it to be.
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:43   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I've been guilty of driving off a few times with the hand brake on. There is a buzzer that goes off, along with the usual icon on the dash. It's exactly as you think it to be.

The buzzer along with a message in the mid comes up only once you cross 10 kph. At least in my car.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 03:07   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The buzzer along with a message in the mid comes up only once you cross 10 kph. At least in my car.
Yup, that too. I was a bit fuzzy on recalling all the details, but I definitely remember that popping up too.
Old 24th September 2014, 06:49   #289
BHPian

Re: D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Ok. I had barely started moving when I realised hand brake was on and stopped. Probably didn't touch 10kph.

Thanks guys.
Old 24th September 2014, 07:57   #290
BHPian

Can the Hyundai sonata also be a choice in this segment. It is loaded with features, priced good albeit petrol. Good offers also on. Guess this is a segment above D1
Old 25th September 2014, 22:19   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Can the Hyundai sonata also be a choice in this segment. It is loaded with features, priced good albeit petrol. Good offers also on. Guess this is a segment above D1
Haven't driven this car. What is the price?
Old 3rd October 2014, 15:12   #292
BHPian

Quandary ends for yours truly, took delivery of an Octavia Ambition TDI AT for 20.3L today.

The Cappuccino Beige looks a regal gold in direct sunlight, and resembles Merc's Palladium Silver in the shade.

Will draft a longer post recounting my A3-Jetta-Octavia-Superb dilly-dallying when I get the chance.

For the moment, I'm grinning like a monkey. D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412329264.027122.jpg
sohels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 15:43   #293
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sohel, she looks lovely. How long was the waiting period?

Cappuccino beige is a very understated color, a bit adaptable like you described and the Octave does look lovely in it.

Enjoy the drive, and do elaborate on your quandary. I know what that dilemma is like, I was there myself at one point.
Old 3rd October 2014, 16:17   #294
BHPian

Around 4 months. I'd actually booked a white Elegance, but was offered this car when someone else cancelled. Saw it and loved it, so jumped at the chance of saving 2.5L and ~2 months.
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:12   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohels View Post
Quandary ends for yours truly, took delivery of an Octavia Ambition TDI AT for 20.3L today.

The Cappuccino Beige looks a regal gold in direct sunlight, and resembles Merc's Palladium Silver in the shade.

Will draft a longer post recounting my A3-Jetta-Octavia-Superb dilly-dallying when I get the chance.

For the moment, I'm grinning like a monkey. Attachment 1295249
Nice dude! Its gorgeous

Congrats!!
Old 3rd October 2014, 18:06   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohels View Post

For the moment, I'm grinning like a monkey. Attachment 1295249
Heartiest congratulations. New Octavia is a good choice. I would certainly like to know your thought process leading to this buy. Do start the ownership thread asap!
Old 10th October 2014, 15:32   #297
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for a D1 segment sedan around 15lacs on road with rear seat comfort & safety. Running will be low at around 10k km/yr so petrol is fine. Can't see many options except if VW & Hyundai work out some offers on the Jetta. I keep my cars for around 5yrs.

Can you folks help in understanding which is a better car? I'm worried about getting a VW but i see many members owning a Jetta and seem happy (at least in the short term!). The Elantra though loaded somehow does not appeal to my heart. But i do want to make a sensible choice for the long run.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:14   #298
Senior - BHPian

D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?

Nilesh, the Jetta would be a solid choice but I'd recommend throwing the Corolla Altis into the mix as well, although I don't remember off the bat what kind of safety features it has.

The Cruze rules itself out since you want rear seat comfort, and the Elantra is something that doesn't appeal to you. What of the octavia 1.8 TSI in manual avatar though? I feel that the Octavia petrol is better than the Jetta, and while you might want to ignore it on service concerns, there's no doubt in my mind that it's the best petrol car in the segment.

One of that, the Jetta or the Corolla is best for your needs, really. Take a drive in all three and I'm sure it should clear things up for you.

Edit: since you want to be sensible, my choices for you would be

1) Corolla
2) Jetta
3) Elantra
4) Octavia

Last edited by iliketurtles : 10th October 2014 at 16:16.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 16:44   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nilesh, the Jetta would be a solid choice but I'd recommend throwing the Corolla Altis into the mix as well, although I don't remember off the bat what kind of safety features it has.

The Cruze rules itself out since you want rear seat comfort, and the Elantra is something that doesn't appeal to you. What of the octavia 1.8 TSI in manual avatar though? I feel that the Octavia petrol is better than the Jetta, and while you might want to ignore it on service concerns, there's no doubt in my mind that it's the best petrol car in the segment.

One of that, the Jetta or the Corolla is best for your needs, really. Take a drive in all three and I'm sure it should clear things up for you.

Edit: since you want to be sensible, my choices for you would be

1) Corolla
2) Jetta
3) Elantra
4) Octavia
Thanks!! I totally forgot about the Corolla. It just doesn't figure on the buyers list so easily these days.

I would love to get the Octavia 1.8TSI but its simply out of my reach. I wouldn't mind Elantra at all its just that it kinda seems boring? But do you think its a better car than Jetta?

I'm already talking to VW dealers to get a quote and will do so with Hyundai and Toyota. It all boils down to what offers i get.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:54   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

I would love to get the Octavia 1.8TSI but its simply out of my reach. I wouldn't mind Elantra at all its just that it kinda seems boring? But do you think its a better car than Jetta?
Check out the Octavia and Jetta 1.4tsi as well. The 1.4tsi is a very good engine as well and comes with the same ride and handling prowess. And the OTR should be within your budget. However, I am not sure about the availability of both these models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks