Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 00:10   #256
BHPian

Re: D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
Hi bharatsomany,

My reasons were as below
a. Skoda Elegance is about 1L costlier than Jetta Diesel DSG (due to discounts on it currently)
b. Diesel economies are higher (Jetta has given a FE of 10-14kmpl in City & 16-20kmpl on Highways for folks in Teambhp)
c. The 6 speed wet clutch on Jetta has been seen as more reliable (as per my research on team bhp threads)
d. Generally found Skoda dealers (in Bangalore at least) to be very aloof about their cars. I wasn't even offered a test drive until I prodded quite a lot. Not a good sign of customer service attitude.

Good idea to change the Goodyear tyres, as I have them on my jetta and they are very noisy. Please let me know what is the best offer and on road price for a new jetta dsg in Karnataka ... Will save me from negotiating
Old 16th September 2014, 19:13   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Good idea to change the Goodyear tyres, as I have them on my jetta and they are very noisy. Please let me know what is the best offer and on road price for a new jetta dsg in Karnataka ... Will save me from negotiating
From what I hear (not from the dealer), VW is in the process of stopping production of current Jetta to make way for the facelift early next year. If you are fast enough you can grab one.

For a good deal, try talking to VW Mysore.
abhilashgp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 08:40   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Get in touch with VW Mysore and refer Arvindh, I just took a White CL TDI from them last Friday :-)
Old 17th September 2014, 08:49   #259
BHPian

Quote:
b. Diesel economies are higher (Jetta has given a FE of 10-14kmpl in City & 16-20kmpl on Highways for folks in Teambhp)
Same fuel efficiency #'s displayed by the MID's of my sold Octavia mk1 1.8TPi vRS and my new Jetta 2.0TDI... just a small difference being the vRS reads in litres per 100 KM while the latter reads KMPL

My MID reads 15 in city and 20 in H'way
Old 17th September 2014, 15:09   #260
BHPian

Quote:
From what I hear (not from the dealer), VW is in the process of stopping production of current Jetta to make way for the facelift early next year. If you are fast enough you can grab one.

For a good deal, try talking to VW Mysore.
Hi, did they mention the date of the expected launch of the new Jetta. I am evaluating buying a Jetta, so it would be good to know the launch date and the changes they are going to bring with the new Jetta. If the changes are not substantial, then might consider bargaining for a better discount on the outgoing model.

I also read on another thread that VW has stopped supplies of 1.4 TSI in Jetta, so it may have faced the axe before the diesel one.

But when I enquired from my dealer ( i just bought a GT TSI from them), they said that currentl the Passat is going to be the next launch along with Vento facelift. New Jetta may be due in the next year only around March.
Old 17th September 2014, 17:06   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Same fuel efficiency #'s displayed by the MID's of my sold Octavia mk1 1.8TPi vRS and my new Jetta 2.0TDI... just a small difference being the vRS reads in litres per 100 KM while the latter reads KMPL

My MID reads 15 in city and 20 in H'way
+1. The 2.0TDI never ceases to amaze me. With so much power, it gives fantastic fuel efficiency. This is what I achieved one early morning from Coimbatore to Sathyamangalam

D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?-dsc_0340.jpg

Of course, this was totally a relaxed driving, mostly cruising at 90 to 100kph, no hard acceleration, no hard braking etc. With a little spirited driving - occasional bursts of acceleration, hard braking etc - the FE drops to around 20. Rip it in sports mode, and the FE drops to 16 or 17, but that is totally worth it
Old 17th September 2014, 17:43   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
+1. The 2.0TDI never ceases to amaze me. With so much power, it gives fantastic fuel efficiency. This is what I achieved one early morning from Coimbatore to Sathyamangalam
That is indeed a fantastic figure. How accurate do you think the MID is? I did a full tank to full tank calculation and the mileage came to around 15kmpl while the MID showed 17.5 kmpl.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:48   #263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post

That is indeed a fantastic figure. How accurate do you think the MID is? I did a full tank to full tank calculation and the mileage came to around 15kmpl while the MID showed 17.5 kmpl.
Yes. The MID usually over estimates by maybe 10% or even 15%. So 25 indicated on the MID may actually be 21 or 22.
Old 17th September 2014, 22:19   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Get in touch with VW Mysore and refer Arvindh, I just took a White CL TDI from them last Friday :-)
VW Mysore guys told me that another team bhpian took delivery last week

Did you manage to change the tyres? What about mats?
Old 18th September 2014, 00:18   #265
BHPian

Quote:
VW Mysore guys told me that another team bhpian took delivery last week

Did you manage to change the tyres? What about mats?
Yup, that was me. I took a White CL TDI and was treated fantastically by the staff... I was in a surprise as I got a nicer alloys than the older bland design... I took the 3D mats from the dealer... Nope, I stuck to the tyres, drive to BLR and don't find them noisy.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 07:20   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Hi, did they mention the date of the expected launch of the new Jetta. I am evaluating buying a Jetta, so it would be good to know the launch date and the changes they are going to bring with the new Jetta. If the changes are not substantial, then might consider bargaining for a better discount on the outgoing model.

I also read on another thread that VW has stopped supplies of 1.4 TSI in Jetta, so it may have faced the axe before the diesel one.

But when I enquired from my dealer ( i just bought a GT TSI from them), they said that currentl the Passat is going to be the next launch along with Vento facelift. New Jetta may be due in the next year only around March.
No precise dates. But expected in Feb/March. I didn't really feel its worth basis the initial set of features that were coming out (different exterior/interior, nice steering wheel, potentially few frills may get added as well). It could get more expensive, and none of the deals available now will be there.

You are buying a Jetta along with a GT TSI? wow! :o
Old 18th September 2014, 07:49   #267
BHPian

According to media reports, the Passat will be launched only next year around March.

The new Vento is expected around October, possibly along with a 1.5 Diesel DSG.

The new Jetta may be launched after the Passat.
Old 18th September 2014, 12:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:
No precise dates. But expected in Feb/March. I didn't really feel its worth basis the initial set of features that were coming out (different exterior/interior, nice steering wheel, potentially few frills may get added as well). It could get more expensive, and none of the deals available now will be there.
thats precisely the thought. The jetta in diesel AT will be a workhorse. Planning to retire the Laura from active duty next year and make it a second car. Will complete 5 years and the EMIs with it next year and would clock about 140k km by march. more importantly, will get the depreciation benefit on feb/march purchase . So starting to look around now, though the actual purchase may take 3-4 months. So it becomes important to know the deals going on, and when the new model launches, as at that time they will give a meaty discount on the outgoing model.

The GT is for the wifey, I am just having some fun with it for some time before she claims it as hers.
Old 20th September 2014, 21:34   #269
BHPian

Took delivery of the Jetta today. It was the best delivery experience I have ever imagined. VW Mysore is easily the best dealer that I have experienced. Will put some pics soon. Got temp registration, will do permanent soon.
abhilashgp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 21:56   #270
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that Abhilash! I'm just curious...what was it that wowed you so much?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks