Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 14:14   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: D1 Sedan Quandary: VW Jetta, Skoda Octavia or Used Laura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
He is asking for 13.75. I have quoted around 12.
Is this listing on carwale ? I think 13.75 is highly unrealistic for a 2 year old car. I saw a 2013 diesel HL with asking price of 14.65 lakhs. This car is comfortline and petrol means you can bargain hard as there'll be few takers.

Does the car have extended warranty ? If not,negotiate a price with owner buying extended warranty before the car is transferred to you. VW may not sell EW to 2nd owner.

I think depreciation will be 40-45% for a 2 year old petrol car, so may be 9-9.5. Yes, it'll be tough to quote that with a straight face
Old 1st August 2014, 14:28   #182
BHPian

Nope car does not have extended warranty. It's a 2013 reg car and he insists that he already has an offer of 13. I really like the car and I more interested in the fact that it's not run much. Any things I should look out for?
Old 1st August 2014, 14:39   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope car does not have extended warranty. It's a 2013 reg car and he insists that he already has an offer of 13. I really like the car and I more interested in the fact that it's not run much. Any things I should look out for?
I also had a similar problem when I bought a 2011 car in 2012,at the time of resale everyone (indvl sellers and dealers) considered it as a 2011 car and quoted accordingly. So even if it 2013 registered,it still is a 2012 car. You can add some amount to a 2012 quote considering its used only for a year.

I think for 13L you can get a Jetta diesel CL or add another 4 lakhs and drive out in a brand new 1.4tsi from the showroom with added features and peace of mind warranty gives you. I feel the asking price is way too high,car condition notwithstanding, I would give this deal a miss.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 1st August 2014 at 14:40.
Old 1st August 2014, 17:26   #184
BHPian

Unluckily I am in a quandary now. I booked a honda city 2 months back and that has come up for delivery. The honda guys are following up to finish the paper work. In the meanwhile I have fallen in love with the jetta. Classic case of heart and head. The heart says go for the jetta and the head says go with the honda. Each and every dealer I have spoken to has asked me to drop this deal. And each and very one of them have told me to go for the honda for head ache free ownership. Sadly, I know they are right. Will keep you guys posted on what I finally do.
Old 1st August 2014, 18:36   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unluckily I am in a quandary now. I booked a honda city 2 months back and that has come up for delivery. The honda guys are following up to finish the paper work. In the meanwhile I have fallen in love with the jetta. Classic case of heart and head. The heart says go for the jetta and the head says go with the honda. Each and every dealer I have spoken to has asked me to drop this deal. And each and very one of them have told me to go for the honda for head ache free ownership. Sadly, I know they are right. Will keep you guys posted on what I finally do.
If he already had an offer of 13 why would he entertain you. I am telling you I had in Bangalore a Skoda Laura DSG Amibition 2012 with extended warranty quoted for 13 lakhs. So 13 lakhs for a Petrol Manual Comfortline Jetta is a highway robbery.

Not a penny more then 9-10 lakhs. Else settle for the City, its cheaper and will have a higher residual value. My colleague just sold his 2 and a half year old Superb for 12.5 lakhs 1.8 TSI. He had an offer from the dealer for 5.5 lakhs. Can you imagine???
Old 1st August 2014, 19:30   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unluckily I am in a quandary now.
If you must have the Jetta,suggest you skip this car and look around. There are quite a few Jetta's on sale (two on our own classifieds) I think the 2012 Jetta HL on carwale is worth considering. Its diesel and is quite powerful too.

Coming from a Cedia,the City won't keep the enthusiast in you happy.
It has the engine yes,but handling,steering,ride etc is just not comparable (no offense anyone)
Old 2nd August 2014, 05:50   #187
BHPian

Skoda and Volkswagen both have dwindling sales but if you look at their product pipeline Volkswagen has a better chance at sustaining the future.

Skoda on the other hand is on a slipping trajectory and there does not seem to be any long term growth plan in terms of products and investments vs the competition in the numbers game. Numbers decide dealer sustanance which in turn decides network strength, and dealer willingness to support.

Given the above situation, dealer network and dealer support will be a problem which will not go away that easily for Skoda, might increase , dealers might switch over to upcoming brands. Between the two Volkswagen will definetely sustain at the very least.

I know this goes a long way round but perhaps this should be a consideration while making a buying decision at 20 lacs.

Last edited by hubolt : 2nd August 2014 at 05:55.
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:56   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From a cedia to city is a downgrade for sure. I would dump the Honda and get the jetta. Better still wait and get an octy tsi.
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:48   #189
BHPian

Even a new Octavia basic trend line is working out to outside my budget. So the new one will surely be out of my budget.

I think I will sleep on it and wait it out till Monday before taking a call. Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately my heart is sold on the jetta and I guess I will go with that
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:09   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even a new Octavia basic trend line is working out to outside my budget. So the new one will surely be out of my budget.

I think I will sleep on it and wait it out till Monday before taking a call. Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately my heart is sold on the jetta and I guess I will go with that
Are you buying car outright or on a loan. Please take into account that a old car car loan is higher interested then new car car loan. So your effective EMI is the same. Please don't give into temptation, if you want Jetta, I suggest wait, plenty of Diesel Jetta's 2012 model's in your budget around 12-13 lakhs. No need to give in so quickly and settle for Petrol.

I have been driving an i10 as a spare car in Bangalore. Coming from a Diesel, I just keep looking at the petrol needle and need to fill the gas again and again. I strongly suggest go for Diesel. Even with narrowing gap, the diesel car gives a LOT more mileage then a petrol car. Sometimes I avoid going for long trips to save 500 Rs. Never ever during my 2.5 years of owning Diesel (new) Fiesta did I ever thought about mileage.
Old 2nd August 2014, 15:34   #191
BHPian

Paying about half upfront and the rest by personal loan as it works out cheaper. The difference in emi still works out to around 6k a month plus the personal loan will be for 5 years vs 7 yrs for the car loan.

On the petrol front, remember I used a Cedia for 6 years, so I am quite ok with fuel bills, specially since my usage is around 6-7k kms a year.
Old 2nd August 2014, 17:32   #192
Senior - BHPian

A small twist in the tale, I cancelled the Booking for the Octavia 1.4TSi, with a 10K cancellation charge.

Just to check out, I called another Skoda Dealer; Now here is the deal, I can have a November 13' manufactured Octavia Ambition Diesel right now.
I guess its a display car from the showroom, does it make sense to go for this and if yes, what are the discounts I should ask for ?
Old 2nd August 2014, 17:35   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
A small twist in the tale, I cancelled the Booking for the Octavia 1.4TSi, with a 10K cancellation charge.

Just to check out, I called another Skoda Dealer; Now here is the deal, I can have a November 13' manufactured Octavia Ambition Diesel right now.
I guess its a display car from the showroom, does it make sense to go for this and if yes, what are the discounts I should ask for ?
I wont suggest you go for it. If you are very clear on diesel, then go for the Jetta, case closed.

If you still decide to go for this 9 month old Octavia TDI Ambition, at least 2 lacs off plus freebies like insurance and extended warranty is a reasonable offer.
Old 2nd August 2014, 18:08   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I wont suggest you go for it. If you are very clear on diesel, then go for the Jetta, case closed.

If you still decide to go for this 9 month old Octavia TDI Ambition, at least 2 lacs off plus freebies like insurance and extended warranty is a reasonable offer.
Are you sure 2 lacs is something they will even consider. It's a brand new car with <100 km running, This is not a test drive vehicle.
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:15   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
Are you sure 2 lacs is something they will even consider. It's a brand new car with <100 km running, This is not a test drive vehicle.
Easily. That's only the depreciation on cost. Don't budge, make them desparate and check if they have other takers for it. But why do you wanna do this? Buy brand new yaar. Jetta Jetta Jetta. Can I make it any more clear?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks