Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2014, 10:40   #2551
Senior - BHPian

Watched a Hindi movie yesterday after a long long time. I had almost forgotten how bollywood romantic comedies feel like. Yeh Jawaani hain diwani took me back to the days I used to enjoy them. Pleasantly surprised. Seems I need to start watching these movies again.
Old 28th January 2014, 17:22   #2552
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched a lesser known 2013 movie - Prague. Avoid it like plague.

At watching it for about good 2 hours, no meaning could be deduced. In fact, the movie was not too bad, had the lose ends been tied in the end. I kept on thinking that everything will be cleared & sorted by the time the movie gets over, but no...nothing. The movie will get you confused. Hence, not recommended.

My rating - 1/5. One point is given for the only thing the movie did well at- make you feel what Czech is like. The music, background score, few songs, the streets and Skoda cars all over the place.
Old 28th January 2014, 21:01   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Watched Jai Ho

Well there is nothing much for the storyline even the message that they are trying to spreads is from a a book & movie by the name Pay it Forward

But as someone mentioned earlier, Salman + lot of Action = Entertainment

So being a Sallu fan, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, much more than the disaster called Bodyguard.

4/5
Old 31st January 2014, 17:18   #2554
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Jai Ho" the second day it was released

It's a complete action movie and probably was made for only two reasons to showcase Salman Khan's fighting prowess which is still undoubtedly pretty good and not to mention the south style background sound behind each punch or kick to amplify the contact

Secondly for the heroine who was introduced in a most unique way, she was shown dancing in a lovely dress and by gosh, it was one of the best dance performance by a heroine till date. She reminded me so much of Rani Mukherjee but, has lovely green/grey eyes and though not beautiful is very attractive and great personality. Pretty good acting for a first timer too

Overall, the movie is a bit gory with too many fighting scenes but, whenever Salman comes on screen, he reminds you why he is a superstar.

I enjoyed it even though high octane action was not completely to my taste. Also, in some places the heroine actually overshadows salman with her smooth style

Watch it if your a Sallu fan, like iam..

3/5
Old 8th February 2014, 01:56   #2555
BHPian

Movie: Hasee toh Phasee

Review: The star cast is completely new and fresh. Even though Parineeti Chopra has done few films I consider her a new face. Siddharth Malhotra is just one movie old as well as Adah Sharma, the other female actress in the movie with a smaller role. As expected it is Parineeti and Siddharth who run the show and I believe they have done it quite well. This is a usual love story but its presentation is what I liked – weird but simple and funny.

I just liked one song and the background score was quite satisfactory. All characters performed well in the acting department. There seems to be some confusion (or rather lack of clarity) in the first 20 minutes but the movie keeps on getting better. Movie is a bit long for what it offers and some people might get bored towards the end (but I did not get bored).

Parineeti is the star of the film. Adah Sharma is also very cute in the movie and supported the movie well while Siddharth Malhotra exceeded my expectations (He has definately improved from his role in 'Student of the Year'). We have also small funny roles played by the side characters which enhance the overall simplicity of the film and keep the viewers interested in the movie.

In short, this is a light hearted movie and worth watching once especially for people who were scarred by watching Jai Ho.

Last edited by Saanil : 8th February 2014 at 01:58.
Old 8th February 2014, 02:00   #2556
Senior - BHPian

Krrish 3!!!

An insane start to the weekend!!
Bring it on world, I can take it all.

Light gives life and I am alive :banghead: :banghead:
Old 12th February 2014, 08:46   #2557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Movie: Hasee toh Phasee

In short, this is a light hearted movie and worth watching once especially for people who were scarred by watching Jai Ho.
Watched it yesterday night and I totally agree with your review. Couldn't have been more precise. The story was predictable and yet different.
Old 14th February 2014, 12:44   #2558
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched One by Two. I thought, being an Abhay Deol movie, this would not be a bad watch...but boy, I was wrong. Though, Abhay Deol is fantastic in his role and has pulled some funny jokes really well and that 'main hoon pakau' song, nothing else stands anywhere. Could have been a much better movie if directed well.

My Rating 1.5/5 - For abhay Deol's performance and Main hoon pakau song and Deol's performance on it.
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:03   #2559
BHPian

Shaadi ke side effects

Senseless drag! There was online talk about good comedy. If you have seen the trailer, you have seen all the comedy from the movie. It is stretched with usual drama/comedy. If it wasn't for my friend, I would have walked out. I had high expectations from Farhan and Vidya, both my favorites. I should have watched Highway instead.

Rating: 2/5

Last edited by Farukh : 3rd March 2014 at 17:04. Reason: Spell check
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:30   #2560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Shaadi ke side effects

Senseless drag! There was online talk about good comedy. If you have seen the trailer, you have seen all the comedy from the movie. It is stretched with usual drama/comedy. If it wasn't for my friend, I would have walked out. I had high expectations from Farhan and Vidya, both my favorites. I should have watched Highway instead.

Rating: 2/5
+1.

It would have been a good movie had they kept it short and simple, they went into elaborate shindig about showing how men always behave like bachelors and women has to take care of newborns etc

I slept through most of 2nd half and would have walked out hadnt it been for family.

I dont like Vidya Balan who looked fat and gross with stupid expressions

Highway is much better movie, go watch it

I like Vir Das and enjoyed his short stint even though it was nothing great compared to his previous loony characters

2/5
Old 10th March 2014, 09:06   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday, I watched Shaadi Ke Side Effects.
Yesterday, I watched Queen.

I fell asleep during the first half of both movies. If it weren't for my snoring, my wife wouldn't even have woken me up.

While Shaadi Ke Side Effects continued to be boring throughout (after I was woken up), Queen got more and more interesting as it progressed.

In the first half, the usual stupidity of an Indian in the Western world is shown. I don't like it. We have seen it in English Vinglish too (I found that movie also very boring).

Well, I know that there are many such people in real life who expect their usual food in a foreign country (I am not one of them!).

Anyways, Queen gets very interesting in second half, even though it is quite predictable. I guess all such drama movies have a predictable ending.

I would rate Queen: 3/5
Old 10th March 2014, 11:41   #2562
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For a family watch, giving Queen a 4 / 5 rating and to Kangana's performance, a 5/5.

Great movie, refreshingly different from the standard desi fare. Not much of a storyline, and it is predictable, but you got to watch it for Kangana alone. The movie has innumerable funny moments that will have you in splits. Underlying message: How travel can be liberating

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2014 at 11:42.
Old 10th March 2014, 15:58   #2563
Senior - BHPian

Watched Queen yesterday. Rate it a 4/5. Just shows how well a simple & predictable story can be handled by brilliant direction. Kangana has rocked this movie and should logically sweep the awards next year. She brought out the transformation from a simple middle class girl to a confident woman brilliantly. Such movies are so much better then the glamorous & over the top movies that Bollywood regularly churns out. Music was really good too.

It made me want to travel too .

Queen is a MUST watch. Don't miss it!
Old 11th March 2014, 19:20   #2564
BHPian

Queen is a nice movie. The first half drags, the second half gives you the warm comfy feeling that one gets watching ZNMD (Hritik,Abhay). Funny bits are nice, a welcome break from the run of the mill we get to see. Second half 5/5.
Old 12th March 2014, 22:44   #2565
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Total Siyapaa today. The movie is a mix up. Could have been better. Ali Zafar is good in his comic role as a Pakistani boyfriend to an Indian girl in a London setting.

A few jokes do tickle but mostly only because of Ali Zafar. The movie keeps losing and regaining the plot every now and then and at times becomes boring too. Anupan Kher is a total disappointment and is a good actor wasted. Sara Khan's character is refreshing since there is nothing glamorous in the movie except her. IMO, Yami Gautam is just average.
Some arguments of being Indian & Pakistani lie on the border of being sensitive; but then being sugar coated with comedy, they all get away.

My Rating 2.5/5. Go watch only for Ali Zafar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks