Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 12:01   #15271
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Surprised with Shami not been considered. Shreyas had played pretty well over the last 2 months. However not surprised that BCCI continues playing an out of form batter - Kohli instead. In all probability we will see the line up mentioned by you unless Rohit wants to open with Pant (which will be a good move)
Well, Shami has always leaked runs. He was decent in this IPL but selectors and team management now see him only as ODI and Tests option. I still believe for an event like World Cup experience is absolutely important and that too in a country like Australia where you will be judged and booed by the public too.

That's why I don't mind Kohli inclusion. He has been brilliant in Australia always and maybe his experience will turn tide for him and the team. Lets see what he does in Asia cup. Did the break helped him technically and mentally, let's see.

Pant should open. Left hander at top who doesn't cares about Stat padding is God given. This is the issue with KL who wants to make a 40 ball 50 when he has the talent to make 25 ball 50 any day. However I believe batting order will be same as I posted barring injuries. DK is unfortunate but his keeping is abysmal and in 15 international matches he played this year he only did good in 3. Still he should be backup.

Iyer is rubbish against good pace and can't play short balls to save his life. He will be literally walking wicket in Australia as everyone has found out his weakness. Until he starts playing pull shorts or devise a method to tackle short ball like Raina used to do, he cannot be a sure shot in playing 11. I will rather play Hooda ahead of him who is an excellent pull and hook shot player.

I just hope Bumrah is fit by world cup. Without him I have no hope for us.

Last edited by harry10 : 10th August 2022 at 12:02.
Old 10th August 2022, 13:04   #15272
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprised with Shami not been considered. Shreyas had played pretty well over the last 2 months.
Shami's stats don't look good in the T20 format! He's been expensive in the death overs in the 50 over format as well. But he does have big match experience, something which the likes of Avesh/Arshdeep lack. Shreyas Iyer can't complain, he's been given enough chances & he needs to work on his game against pace bowling. Hooda offers something with the ball, which no other top order batsman offers!
Old 19th August 2022, 20:22   #15273
BHPian

England's scores in both the innings looked like that of a T20 match. Well played S Africa.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 20:11   #15274
BHPian

India down Zimbabwe by 5 wickets chasing 162 for victory to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the 3 match ODI series, The result is nothing to be surprised about. What's surprising is Sanju Samson has been adjudged MOM for his 39-ball 43, not Shardul Thakur for his bowling analysis 7-0-38-3!

Last edited by Emvi : 20th August 2022 at 20:18.
Old 21st August 2022, 08:27   #15275
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
India down Zimbabwe by 5 wickets chasing 162 for victory to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the 3 match ODI series, The result is nothing to be surprised about. What's surprising is Sanju Samson has been adjudged MOM for his 39-ball 43, not Shardul Thakur for his bowling analysis 7-0-38-3!
Extremely defensive approach from India in my opinion. When Rahul clearly needs time in the middle ahead of the Asia Cup, I fail to understand the logic behind not batting first after winning the toss.

Last match also they chased. This time at least Rahul should have looked to put a score on the board because batting is currently a much bigger problem than bowling.
Oxy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 08:47   #15276
Distinguished - BHPian

They have to bat first, and they have to look to score 400. The top 4 need to get their time on the pitch. Nothing to be gained by chasing 180 odd against a team like Zimbabwe. Over the past few years, whenever the team has done poorly, it is the batting that has struggled. There has been brilliance from a couple of individuals every now and then, but otherwise, the batting unit as a whole has not been in good shape.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 14:03   #15277
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Extremely defensive approach from India in my opinion.
Agreed. Seems they want to ensure they win the series first by bowling first & then bat first in the dead rubber tomorrow! Extremely defensive approach against a team like Zimbabwe! I do not understand the logic of resting Deepak Chahar yesterday. He seemed down on pace & he can't play 2 games in 3 days?
Old 21st August 2022, 14:31   #15278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Extremely defensive approach from India in my opinion. When Rahul clearly needs time in the middle ahead of the Asia Cup, I fail to understand the logic behind not batting first after winning the toss.

Last match also they chased. This time at least Rahul should have looked to put a score on the board because batting is currently a much bigger problem than bowling.
Isn't it obvious. KL knows how bad a captain he is most of the time. Losing even a single match to Zimbabwe will make this fact look more solid and to avoid that he wanted to chase cos India is better at chasing anyday. I expect to chase again if we win next toss too. If they are struggling to chase 160+ score comfortably in an ODI then batting needs to be evaluated more.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:27   #15279
Distinguished - BHPian

End of a disappointing batting performance by India. Couldn’t even score 300 against a team like Zimbabwe. Approach of KL Rahul and Ishan Kishan needs to be questioned. Had Gill not played the knock of his life, reaching 250 would have been difficult.
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:04   #15280
BHPian

India huff and puff to victory over Zimbabwe in the 3rd ODI to sweep the series 3-nil. Had it been a 5-match series, Zimbabwe would have left India embarrassed going by the results of the last 2 matches. Shubman Gill's maiden ton wouldn't have been enough had he not taken that brilliant catch to dismiss Sikander Raza. What an innings from Raza once again! His stellar form continues.
Old 25th August 2022, 23:30   #15281
Senior - BHPian

Kumble been removed as Head Coach of Punjab Kings. There is something about Kumble and Coaching, which hasnt been positive! Under his coaching stint, Punjab Kings have the second worst win -loss ratio behind Sunrisers Hyderabad. Mayank's captaincy is also a burning issue.
Old 26th August 2022, 09:56   #15282

Quote:
Kumble been removed as Head Coach of Punjab Kings. There is something about Kumble and Coaching, which hasnt been positive! Under his coaching stint, Punjab Kings have the second worst win -loss ratio behind Sunrisers Hyderabad. Mayank's captaincy is also a burning issue.
Kumble as Team India head coach was not that great as well
Old 28th August 2022, 08:43   #15283
Team-BHP Support

We have shifted to our new place & we haven't availed DTH or installed TV's yet. Need recommendations for website or apps where one can watch today's match. Don't mind the paid version too. My father is a huge cricket fan & he would be watching it today, come what may.

Thanks.
Old 28th August 2022, 11:30   #15284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
We have shifted to our new place & we haven't availed DTH or installed TV's yet. Need recommendations for website or apps where one can watch today's match. Don't mind the paid version too. My father is a huge cricket fan & he would be watching it today, come what may.

Thanks.
The Asia Cup is being streamed live on Disney Hotstar.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:55   #15285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Thanks.
Watched yesterday's game on Hotstar on my laptop while it was also available on Star. Today's game is available on live streaming as well but only 5 mins is free, rest you will need to subscribe. Different subscriptions for watching on the mobile and on other devices. Hope this helps.
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks