Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 16:04   #15241
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Not sure if anybody on the forum has heard/discussed this, there’s this theory where Kohli's loss in form coincides with the time(2018) around which he turned vegetarian. IIRC, he had some medical reason for that decision. He does have a couple of centuries post that but if you think about it, anybody's diet would be one of the core definitions of their overall being. It'd have contributed to and defined his success, his game, and his attitude in all his formation years. Nothing against a vegetarian diet in particular but changing something which was working very well all along his career till that point is another 'theory' that is floating around for this loss in form.

Of course, all of this is just desperate reasoning by his fans(including me) who are waiting for the Virat Kohli of old to return. Time is running out for him.
deoelect is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 20:21   #15242
BHPian

Cheeko, should hang his gloves for sometime, enough has been invested on him.

He should go back to domestic cricket and then come back.
Old 17th July 2022, 22:19   #15243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Of course, all of this is just desperate reasoning by his fans(including me) who are waiting for the Virat Kohli of old to return. Time is running out for him.
I am also a big fan of Kohli, he should take a break. As of now, there are no Ranji matches so it is tough for him to make a choice.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th July 2022 at 22:21.
Old 17th July 2022, 23:09   #15244
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome game, Hardik and Pant did it and showed that even if our top 4 batsmen fail, we still have the firepower to win a game.

Pant almost got all 24 runs needed in one over of David Willey, but controlled his aggression to get a single off the last ball after hitting 5 boundaries
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 23:52   #15245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Not sure if anybody on the forum has heard/discussed this, there’s this theory where Kohli's loss in form coincides with the time(2018) around which he turned vegetarian...

Well, Lewis Hamilton turned vegan around 2017. And we all know how he drove since then till now.

Even Djokovic has been known to switch to a predominantly plant based diet. In fact quite a few tennis players, in case you google it.

I personally think Kohli's time is over. This comes from a guy who was convinced he would easily break Tendulkar's century records back in 2018. But since then only the antics have been consistent.

Last edited by TROOPER : 17th July 2022 at 23:53.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 02:53   #15246
Senior - BHPian

Excellent maiden ODI ton by Pant. So out of his 6 centuries (5 in test , 1 in ODIs) he has 4 in England. Infact he has only 1 test century in India. Rest all are oversees. There was a time people used to chant Dhoni’s name when Pant came to bat but now he is becoming a brand himself . Samson/Ishan would have to further wait for their chances.

Hardik has had a dream comeback. Finally he is at the top of his game and its good to see him contribute with the ball regularly. He can be to India what ben stokes is to England.

Kohli’s time aint right. Inspite of good starts he is unable to make an impression with his bat currently. Hopefully after the rest he us back with vengeance

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th July 2022 at 02:54.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 08:53   #15247
Senior - BHPian

I was about to turn off the TV and something told me that the outcome of the third ODI will be different and I stuck on. And what a delight to watch two differently styled players construct the chase. And once we had it in the bag, the audacity of Pant was a delight to watch when he hit 5 consecutive 4’s in 5 different directions of the ground. Good win!

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 18th July 2022 at 08:54.
jkrishnakj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 09:41   #15248
BANNED

At 72/4, I thought it was it and stopped watching the match, but the eagerness to know the result propelled me to come back and watch and boy was it a good knock from Pandya and Pant. Great win for the team and series in the bag!
Old 18th July 2022, 14:28   #15249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Well, Lewis Hamilton turned vegan around 2017. And we all know how he drove since then till now.

Even Djokovic has been known to switch to a predominantly plant based diet. In fact quite a few tennis players, in case you google it.

I personally think Kohli's time is over. This comes from a guy who was convinced he would easily break Tendulkar's century records back in 2018. But since then only the antics have been consistent.
The Cricket Thread-whatsapp-image-20220717-8.27.22-pm.jpeg
yes, Kohli has hit a lean patch - the worst of his life, but even during his Worst, he is as good as some of the best (pure number speak).

Give the man some space, the BCCI has already been at him thoroughly, and am not sure what you mean by 'antics'.
Old 18th July 2022, 15:14   #15250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Awesome game, Hardik and Pant did it and showed that even if our top 4 batsmen fail, we still have the firepower to win a game.

Pant almost got all 24 runs needed in one over of David Willey, but controlled his aggression to get a single off the last ball after hitting 5 boundaries
I loved that from Pant.

Pant will always be audacious and freaky in his shot selections. But like Sehwag he has a method in his madness. I was delighted to see he didn't went for 6 consecutive fours and respected the last delivery which was a slow yorker. Pant of 2 years back would have slogged it. He is learning.

Not going to discuss Kohli anymore. He is on a break now. After that he is played or dropped let selectors have that headache. Dhawan looks done. Will be tough to keep his place when KL comes back. Hardik is back to his best. A middle order of Pant, Surya, Hardik, Jadeja looks really good.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 15:45   #15251
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Hope the Pant era in ODIs begins from now on! He has under performed in this format so far. If there's any player who needs or deserves adequate rest its Hardik Pandya & Jadeja. Without them the balance of the team changes. Was a bit worried about Shami batting as high as no.8, perhaps team management should look at grooming Deepak Chahar as a no.8 batsman for the ODI WC next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
He just got bored I felt by the time the 6th ball arrived!
Old 18th July 2022, 18:30   #15252
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Ben Stokes has announced his retirement from ODI cricket and said that playing 3 formats isn't sustainable! Tuesday's game Vs South Africa will be his last one.

I think playing all formats will take a toll on other players across teams and most will probably end up dropping out from one of the formats at least.

Last edited by NPV : 18th July 2022 at 18:32.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:29   #15253
BHPian

There have been a few exciting 4th innings run chases in Test cricket in the recent past. Pakistan now joins the list by chasing down 340+ runs against Sri Lanka to go up 1-0 in the 2-match Test series.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 03:51   #15254
Distinguished - BHPian

That Six by Axar, Sachin Must be so proud!

What a match, take a bow Axar, brilliant.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 04:35   #15255
BANNED

Great perseverance shown by India's tailenders here, Wonderful to see they held their nerve and got to chase down the target set by the Windies. Kudos to Axar Patel for his match winning knock!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks