Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 14:28   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

According to me, the total bandh call is a failure as I see quite a few autos plying on the road and many shops are open as well.

No disruption anywhere, its like any other normal day except the traffic on road is thin.

Kudos to HTP for maintaining the peace till date.
Old 7th November 2011, 17:48   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Folks
Here is an update I got from our Company's HR just now. The incident took place at 4 pm today:-

"
Dear Esteemed Client,
The Osmania University Students Joint Action Committee Rally, which was proceedings towards Tarnaka in support of Separate Telangana and support of Mr. Laxman Bapuji, who is continuing Hunger Strike at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi, for the cause of Separate Telangana State, was intercepted by the Para Military Forces for violation of prohibitory orders and taking procession with out prior permission from Police. Students pelted stones against the police, in turn police lathi charged students and opened tear gas for dispersing the student gatherings. The Situation is tense at Osmania University Campus
With Regards
xxx
"
Old 8th November 2011, 07:27   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks
Here is an update I got from our Company's HR just now. The incident took place at 4 pm today:-
"Dear Esteemed Client,
The Osmania University Students Joint Action Committee Rally, which was proceedings towards Tarnaka in support of Separate Telangana and support of Mr. Laxman Bapuji, who is continuing Hunger Strike at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi, for the cause of Separate Telangana State, was intercepted by the Para Military Forces for violation of prohibitory orders and taking procession with out prior permission from Police. Students pelted stones against the police, in turn police lathi charged students and opened tear gas for dispersing the student gatherings. The Situation is tense at Osmania University Campus
With Regards
xxx"
Just read about it in the newspapers and as has been happening in the past, the trouble and the trouble makers were kept more or less within the confines of the Osmania University campus area thus minimising the impact to public.

Life continued normally in the whole city except in a very very small geographical area and that too away from the arterial roads.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:43   #1144
Team-BHP Support

Madhapur Main Road.

It appears that the work for Metro has begun.
A barricade has come up close to the petrol pump.
Old 16th November 2011, 15:07   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Madhapur Main Road.

It appears that the work for Metro has begun.
A barricade has come up close to the petrol pump.
I noticed a barricade on the Begumpet stretch too, parallel to the airport flyover, adjacent to Bottles and Chimney. There are horror stories awaited in the near future on that stretch, which is grid-locked most of the time.
Old 16th November 2011, 16:54   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I noticed a barricade on the Begumpet stretch too, parallel to the airport flyover, adjacent to Bottles and Chimney. There are horror stories awaited in the near future on that stretch, which is grid-locked most of the time.
The metro route is on the opposite side of B&C, the IBP fuel bunk side.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:39   #1147
Team-BHP Support

Something going on at Jubilee Hills Checkpost as well.

Plastic divider cones to create a separate lane for people taking right, when coming from the Jubilee Hills side.

The median has been dug up, fresh dirt heaped on the middle of the road. May or may not cause a jam in the evening during peak hours. Just a heads up.

At the turning after Orchids School (old Honda showroom) a police ambush party.
A guy standing on the median. Whistle in hand. He informs the police ambush commando's that a dreaded criminal is approaching them. The crime..driving with out of state number plates.

Further down the road people continue to violate the stop line at the signal.
Haphazard parking on most part of the Madhapur Main Road. Mostly Auto's picking up or dropping a fare.
The entire left lane near Cyber Towers is taken over by auto's and cabs.
But the police is very busy tracking the notorious criminals who are driving out of state plates. Does not matter if they are not violating rules or not.
Old 18th November 2011, 17:49   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Request all bikers to please wear helmet and ride safe. A few seconds early is not worth your life. A young girl died today near Secunderabad Club after being hit by an Army vehicle. The bike rider is in hospital with serious injuries.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6427538&type=3
Old 18th November 2011, 18:14   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Request all bikers to please wear helmet and ride safe. A few seconds early is not worth your life. A young girl died today near Secunderabad Club after being hit by an Army vehicle. The bike rider is in hospital with serious injuries.
Thats really a bad accident and it was nice of HTP to remove those gruesome pictures from FB. These days more and more accidents are happening on 2-wheelers due to either their or opposite person's carelessness. It just goes to show that riding a 2-wheeler is becoming increasingly un-safe.

All of us who can afford to drive a car should be thankful to god for same
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:50   #1150
BHPian

Not sure whether I read on HTP's FB wall or a newspaper that there is a traffic pile up happening daily in front of NMDC at Masab Tank due to FOB work going on and that it can take one anything between 5 min to 1 hour to cross from Masab Tank Flyover to S D Eye Hospital depending upon the time of the day.

What is the latest update?

I need to go to the airport at around 6 pm today evening hence the need & urgency!
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:03   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Not sure whether I read on HTP's FB wall or a newspaper that there is a traffic pile up happening daily in front of NMDC at Masab Tank due to FOB work going on and that it can take one anything between 5 min to 1 hour to cross from Masab Tank Flyover to S D Eye Hospital depending upon the time of the day.

I need to go to the airport at around 6 pm today evening hence the need & urgency!
I do not have an update but if your trip to the airport is absolutely necessary why don't you take the ORR?

Gachibowli to Airport on the ORR is like a 20 min drive.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:05   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not sure about the pileup,went a couple of weeks back and things were normal.But 6pm is generally a very bad time at those areas.I would reccomend leave an hour earlier and enjoy the coffee at the airport
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:06   #1153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I take this route every single day for going to and back from work. I will give an example of the approximate time to cover distance from SD Eye Hospital to Lakdi-ka-Pul ( Fishland)

1. SD Eye Hospital to the turning towards flyover takes roughly 3 mins

2. Flyover to Woodbridge Hotel takes roughly 3-5mins

3. Woodbridge Inn to Fishland is really jam-packed and takes about 7mins-10mins

This is at roughly around 6:30pm and this traffic may not apply to you since you will be going the opposite direction.

IMO, it will take <10mins from Rd.No1 Traffic light to PVNR expressway entry point. Do report back exact time after you have actually done it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Gachibowli to Airport on the ORR is like a 20 min drive.
Gachibowli to Airport is 37kms and it will easily take more than 20 minutes even if you go above average speed.

Somajiguda to Gachibowli will be 20kms then 38kms...Wow! It would be hyderabad darshan for bajaj saab

For us city dwellers, PVNR expressway is best.

I do home-airport (36kms) in 25 mins during early morning hours and 45-50 mins during normal peak hour traffic time

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd November 2011 at 13:11.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:24   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
IMO, it will take <10mins from Rd.No1 Traffic light to PVNR expressway entry point.

Do report back exact time after you have actually done it

Somajiguda to Gachibowli will be 20kms then 38kms...Wow! It would be hyderabad darshan for bajaj saab

I do home-airport (36kms) in 25 mins during early morning hours and 45-50 mins during normal peak hour traffic time
Mobike, is there any perceptible difference in the drive timing for you in the mornings, especially near NMDC? Do you notice higher amount of traffic than earlier times, say a month or so back?

Peak and non peak travel timing : Somajiguda to PVNR varies between 10 min and 25 min depending on time of the day, PVNR itself takes 10-15 min and NH7 takes another 10-15 min. The total journey varies between 35 min and 50 min for me.

Gachibowli route adds 10-20 min travel time and 16 km to the run.

OT : HTP Interceptors are being stationed on PVNR EXpressway every now and then and vehicles are being challaned for over speeding.
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:11   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mobike, is there any perceptible difference in the drive timing for you in the mornings, especially near NMDC? Do you notice higher amount of traffic than earlier times, say a month or so back?
No change. Everything is normal except on Sunday when i went to airport to drop off my aunt there was a huge jam from MT flyover to PVNR expressway due to a truck breakdown on that stretch. Who would Imagine this at noon on a sunday?

She had to sprint to catch her flight as we reached 40 minutes before departure.

Barring the stray instances. Everything is normal

Quote:
OT : HTP Interceptors are being stationed on PVNR EXpressway every now and then and vehicles are being challaned for over speeding.
I almost reached my previous best on PVNR expressway on sunday with mom and aunt in car. I didnt notice anyone. Details offline.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks