Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 16:16   #1171
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I mean in my earlier post. One needs to turn left to go straight to Gachibowli, and go straight if they want to go left towards Patancheru.

I think it is the correct design, as the ORR was never intended to go upto Gachibowli. What they provided was an exit to Gachibowli. We are all confused because the exit road was constructed 2 years prior to the main ORR stretch towards Patancheru.
+1 on that Venu Saab. I have seen many people getting confused with this kind of a layout. They move a few meters ahead and then realize and then do the unthinkable. Take a U-Turn right in the middle of the ORR or use Reverse Gear, both these are dangerous on the ORR.

As per the original layout plan of ORR, the Gachibowli Exit never existed. The Layout was modified later in order to accommodate Gachibowli Exit. As per the Original Plan, a person willing to proceed towards Gachibowli had to take the Narsingi-Patencheru Route and then enter Gachibowli via Financial District. This was as per the original layout plan of ORR.

When returning from Gachibowli, if one needs to go straight towards Airport, they need to take the left arm of the ORR. If they wish to go towards Patencheru, they need to take the center arm of the ORR.

The boards are already in place but who reads the boards. That's where they miss out the exit and then try to reverse till that exit and then proceed. It's a MISHAP waiting to happen.

Confusing Exits of ORR
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-orrmap.jpg
Old 28th December 2011, 20:59   #1172
BANNED

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

This photo was posted today on the FaceBook Wall of Hyderabad Traffic Police

The vehicle was recorded at 145kmph at Necklace Road where the speed limit is 60kmph!

How is it possible for that kind of speeds at 12:24pm?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-379119_264425040287242_103022096427538_773572_1120823485_n.jpg  

Old 28th December 2011, 21:22   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the picture, Nikhil. Things are are a lot clearer now.
Old 29th December 2011, 07:51   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The vehicle was recorded at 145kmph at Necklace Road where the speed limit is 60kmph!
How is it possible for that kind of speeds at 12:24pm?
The said picture is of 01-Aug-2011 though posted yesterday.

The speed limit is 50kmph and not 60kmph.

HTP had that day set up the speed gun to record violations above 60kmph hence the figure of 61kmph.

This is to keep some margin for error and also to weed out minor violations.

It is possible to attain such monstrous speeds if one can find the stretch empty which does happen during day time.

However, anyone driving at 145 kmph is risking the lives of so many people (pedestrians, other road users, etc.) apart from his/her own and should be prosecuted for attempt to murder.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 11:45   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The said picture is of 01-Aug-2011 though posted yesterday.

The speed limit is 50kmph and not 60kmph.

HTP had that day set up the speed gun to record violations above 60kmph hence the figure of 61kmph.

This is to keep some margin for error and also to weed out minor violations.

It is possible to attain such monstrous speeds if one can find the stretch empty which does happen during day time.

However, anyone driving at 145 kmph is risking the lives of so many people (pedestrians, other road users, etc.) apart from his/her own and should be prosecuted for attempt to murder.
I need to go from Kompally junction towards Ramoji City.Is there a possibility that I can take the ring road towards RFC?Has that been completed?If yes,directions please
Old 29th December 2011, 13:01   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I need to go from Kompally junction towards Ramoji City.Is there a possibility that I can take the ring road towards RFC?Has that been completed?If yes,directions please
Tough question to answer, as generally not many may live in those areas.

I don't think the ORR would have been completed, as otherwise the newspapers would have tom-tommed about it.

I do know that there is a crossroad from Medchal that meets the Shamirpet road, and yet another crossroad from Tumkunta that joins the Warangal highway. I am not sure from there onwards.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 14:04   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tough question to answer, as generally not many may live in those areas.

I don't think the ORR would have been completed, as otherwise the newspapers would have tom-tommed about it.

I do know that there is a crossroad from Medchal that meets the Shamirpet road, and yet another crossroad from Tumkunta that joins the Warangal highway. I am not sure from there onwards.
Thanks.I found a post on another thread which states it is complete.Let me explore further.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2358915
Old 29th December 2011, 15:40   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.I found a post on another thread which states it is complete.Let me explore further.

I took a look at that thread and gajadonga was talking of the ORR from Gachibowli to RFC, and not from Kompally to RFC.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:42   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
No, the ORR stretches between (1) Mumbai Highway & Medak Highway, (2) Medak Highway & Nagpur Highway, (3) Nagpur Highway & Karimnagar Highway, (4) Karimnagar Highway & Warangal Highway, (5) Warangal Highway & Vijayawada Highway are certainly not complete or at least not open to public.

Quote:
True, there will be enough media hype when ever each of these stretches are completed.

Quote:
No Ranjit, Gajadonga has posted something else. I quote the post below in its entirety :
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I traveled yesterday from Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Hyderabad
I took the ORR from Gachibowli upto Ramoji film city the road is complete
and excellent to drive on.
Ramoji film city to Choutupal four lane is complete.
From Chotupal lot of deviations and road surface is average.Lot of
gear changes, accelerations and sudden stops, overtaking is pain and time consuming.I started in the afternoon traffic was moderate.
From Nadigama it is tolled four lane to Vijayawada.
Return via Guntur-Piduguralla-Dachepalli-Macherla-Sagar-Hyderabad.
Road from Dachepalli-Macherla is average occasional potholes but drivable.
I saw all the volvos from Hyderabad taking this Sagar-Macherla-Dachepalli route.
There is another route from Piduguralla-Karempudi-Macherla-Sagar but the on en-quiring the locals in Piduguralla dissuaded me to take this route.
Gajadonga is talking of the other side of the ORR. Choutupal is on Vijayawada Highway and you are mistaking it with Uppal.

The stretches that are completed and open to public are (1) Vijayawada Highway & Nagarjuna Sagar Highway, (2) Nagarjuna Sagar Highway & Srisailam Highway, (3) Srisailam Highway & Bangalore Highway, (4) Bangalore Highway & Mumbai Highway.

OT : Do not forget to carry caps for RFC as the sun is merciless and gives a headache.

Since you will start early around 8am, use the Sainikpuri - Moula Ali - Tarnaka - Uppal - L B Nagar - RFC route.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 29th December 2011 at 15:47.
Old 29th December 2011, 16:08   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took a look at that thread and gajadonga was talking of the ORR from Gachibowli to RFC, and not from Kompally to RFC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Gajadonga is talking of the other side of the ORR. Choutupal is on Vijayawada Highway and you are mistaking it with Uppal.

The stretches that are completed and open to public are (1) Vijayawada Highway & Nagarjuna Sagar Highway, (2) Nagarjuna Sagar Highway & Srisailam Highway, (3) Srisailam Highway & Bangalore Highway, (4) Bangalore Highway & Mumbai Highway.

Since you will start early around 8am, use the Sainikpuri - Moula Ali - Tarnaka - Uppal - L B Nagar - RFC route.
Thanks a lot for the replies.But just a question,choutuppal is on VJA highway as mentioned but RFC too is on the VJA highway right?

From what I gathered from the post is that he took the ORR from Gachibowli all the way to NH9 before Chotuppal.At NH9,I think what he says is that the 4 laning of the NH9 is complete till Chotuppal.Isnt that what he says?or am I missing something?

Also doesnt the ring road from Gachibowli intersect the NH7(Nagpur h/w) somewhere after Kompally and continue onwards intersecting the Karimnagar highway,warrangal highway,vja highway(nh9)(after RFC)?

Thanks for the tip on the caps.shall definitely keep them in mind.Problem is I need to go by my daughter's school at kompally(Abhaya) and then onwards to RFC.

OT does anybody know if cabs do a drop and pick from RFC?Something like drop people off at RFC gate and wait till people come back and drop them back home?
Old 29th December 2011, 16:16   #1181
Senior - BHPian

My responses are in bold:

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the replies.But just a question,choutuppal is on VJA highway as mentioned but RFC too is on the VJA highway right?

Right

From what I gathered from the post is that he took the ORR from Gachibowli all the way to NH9 before Chotuppal.At NH9,I think what he says is that the 4 laning of the NH9 is complete till Chotuppal.Isnt that what he says?or am I missing something?

Yes, you are right. But your question was for the part of ORR that is from Kompally to RFC, which is broadly speaking from 12 o'clock position to 3 o'clock position (with Hyd city at the centre of the clock), whereas the route he took was from 6 o'clock position to 3 o'clock position.

Also doesnt the ring road from Gachibowli intersect the NH7(Nagpur h/w) somewhere after Kompally and continue onwards intersecting the Karimnagar highway,warrangal highway,vja highway(nh9)(after RFC)?

Yes it does, but those stretches are not complete yet, and that is why drag races are being held on those partial bits that have been completed.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:33   #1182
BHPian

The ORR is split into 4 sections.
Section 1. Shamshabad - APPA, Rajendra Nagar
Section 2. APPA, Rajendra Nagar - Patencheru
Section 3. Patencheru - Pedda Amberpet
Section 4. Pedda Amberpet - Shamshabad

The ORR goes via these areas: Shamshabad - APPA Junction - Narsingi - Kollur - Patencheru - Bollarum - Dundigul - Kandlakoor - Munirabad - Upparapalli - Dharmaram - Cheral - Pocharam - Koramal - Pasamamla Village - Pedda Amberpet - Koheda - Bongulur - Mankhal - Raikunta - Shamshabad

The Main Junctions are as follows: Shamshabad - Rajendra Nagar - Narsingi - Patencheru Muttangi - Dundigul Junction - Kandlakoor Junction - Upparapalli (Shameerpet Junction) - Cheral Junction - Ghatkesar Junction - Pedda Amberpet Junction - Bongulur Junction - Mankhal Junction

The strech from Muttangi till Pedda Amberpet is not yet fully functional. The construction work is on but isn't 100% completed as of now. Even in case you proceed on that road, there are better chances that you might have to take a U-Turn or detours as not all points are properly connected.

Quote:
ChoutUppal is way ahead on the VJA Highway, where as RFC lies miles before ChoutUppal.

Quote:
He took the Gachibowli - APPA Junction - Shamshabad - Pedda Amberpet strech of the ORR, which is very much functional, where as you plan to take the other way round. As per my listing above, he took the Section 1 & Section 4 for his journey, where as you need to take the Section 3, which is not yet complete.

Quote:
Yes, ORR does intersect the existing Highways at all major junctions.

Quote:
OT does anybody know if cabs do a drop and pick from RFC?Something like drop people off at RFC gate and wait till people come back and drop them back home?
Better, book a cab from any of the travels. They have a minimum of 80 Kms or 8 hrs thing. You can avail this scheme. Better call up a couple of Cab Operators and ask them if they provide service from RFC. They should provide as I have seen many Cab's exiting out of RFC.

Last edited by traveloholic : 29th December 2011 at 16:41.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:39   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My responses are in bold:
Thanks a lot for that precise explanation.That clears all the doubts.
Old 30th December 2011, 10:31   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Better, book a cab from any of the travels. They have a minimum of 80 Kms or 8 hrs thing. You can avail this scheme. Better call up a couple of Cab Operators and ask them if they provide service from RFC. They should provide as I have seen many Cab's exiting out of RFC.
Thanks for the detailed info.I did end up availing the cab service.Called up the local travels guy within the colony and got a deal for 1100rs for the 8hr/80km thing.Found it reasonable.The radio cabs were not willing to wait and wanted to do a fresh booking,which was dicey as there was no surety that they would have a cab in the vicinity.Thanks once again.
Old 30th December 2011, 11:28   #1185
BHPian

Here is the image of ORR marked with green, blue & purple shading.

Please excuse my poor skills in using "Paint", the programme used by me to render colours to the image.

The green part of ORR are functional. Note : for both ways traffic.

The blue part is nearing completion and will soon be functional (read as 2012).

The purple part is also under construction and should be functional in slightly more than a year (read as 2013).

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-orr.jpg

OT : We should have a Team-BHP Drive Meet on the ORR as and when the whole ORR is declared open.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks