Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 13:29   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Re: NH7 to NH9(Miyapur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
What is the best route from Kompally to Miyapur.I remember discussing about a route which goes via Dundigul AF Station,but cant seem to remember the directions.I am aware till the point where the road from Kompally joins the Medak road.At that junction do I take a right or a left?AFAIK the left would take me Balanagar.

Any reccomendations pls?

I read in the TOI a few days ago that the stretch of ORR from Patancheru to NH7 has been completed, except for a small diversion at a village near NH7 (Kondakloya I think), as land acquistion is disputed at that village.

But I am not sure if that stretch has been thrown open to traffic. Any updates on that?
Old 18th June 2012, 15:50   #1217
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Hi All,

I would be driving to Latur this weekend. I stay in Sainikpuri and want to check on the best possible route to reach BHEL. Is the ORR Stretch from Shamirpet to RC puram open for traffic. If so, are there any diversions along this stretch to keep an eye on ?

If not, is the Balanagar, Kukkatpally, BHEL route the only alternate?
Old 18th June 2012, 16:03   #1218
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
I stay in Sainikpuri and want to check on the best possible route to reach BHEL. Is the ORR Stretch from Shamirpet to RC puram open for traffic. If so, are there any diversions along this stretch to keep an eye on?

Time of travel is very critical to choose the best route since ORR is still not functional.

I would suggest that you cross over to Kompally (Runway 9, Dhola-ri-Dhani) on Nagpur Highway through Alwal, then to Bahadurpally (Satyam Campus) on Medak Highway, then to Miyapur on Kukatpally - Sangareddy road aka Mumbai Highway. Of course, this is safe only in the day times and avoidable if you wish to traverse finish this sector of travel before 6:30am or start after 8pm from either side. Before 6:30am and after 8pm, best is to use Kukatpally - Bowenpally route.

Just hold a while and Ranjitp1 will send you the link through a google map (it is his daily run).
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 16:06   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int
Hi All,

I would be driving to Latur this weekend. I stay in Sainikpuri and want to check on the best possible route to reach BHEL. Is the ORR Stretch from Shamirpet to RC puram open for traffic. If so, are there any diversions along this stretch to keep an eye on ?

The ORR is not open.There are two options:

1.Sainikpuri Trimulghery-Go straight from x roads-Dead End at Bowenpally petrol pump-right turn followed by left and road joins Nh7-left turn-signal-right turn-Nh9 towards Balanagar kukatpaly

2.sainikpuri-bolarum railway station-kompally-dhoolpall Xroads-miyapur.

I would reccomend that you take the 1st route f you are going in the morning as thats shorter and no traffic in the morning.However while returning take the left at Miyapur and come via dhoolpally a there would be no traffic on this route whereas the kukatpally would be heavily jammed by volvos and miscellaneous traffic in the evenings.

PS:I stay in Defence Colony next to Ayyans mart where do u stay
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 16:27   #1220
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit..

I plan to start early and will take the 1st route as suggested.

I stay in Kalyanpuri colony, close to High-tension wire road in Sainkpuri. Should plan a meet-up sometime soon. :-)
Old 18th June 2012, 16:47   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Time of travel is very critical to choose the best route since ORR is still not functional.

Just hold a while and Ranjitp1 will send you the link through a google map (it is his daily run).
You are indeed very correct on the time aspect.Kukatpally route is preferred only if travel is before 6am or after 11pm.At all other times,the route via Kompally is the best bet.

By the way,I stopped my daily runs,my daughter goes by bus thanks to rising fuel costs!!A bill of 15k per month on just petrol was too much for me.20kms one way one time.So drop-return-pick-return routine worked out to 80-85kms a day,burnt a hole in my wallet and burnt right through my pocket as well!!!

Quote:
Hi All,

This should be your option 1 via kukatpally.Take this if travel is before 6am or after 11pm

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1...4,5,6&t=m&z=16

This is your option 2.Take this if your travel is between 6am and 11pm.If your entry into Hyd while returning is in the evening then take this,its a very fast route and no traffic hassles.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=1&t=m&z=15
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 15:28   #1222
Team-BHP Support

#1.
Spotted a Speed Cam on the KBR Park road between TDP office towards Jubilee Hills Checkpost.
It was quite funny looking at the cop manning it during peak traffic hours.
Everyone is crawling and on the left blocking a lane is a Police Jeep with the radar gun.

#2.
The outer ring road entrance at Gachibowli usually has cabs and even some private cars picking up passengers. For private cars, its usually a driver looking to make a quick buck as he is going to the airport to pick up his boss.
What I find surprising is the number of Mercedes and BMW car stopping for the same reason.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 16:57   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Excerpts of my post on HTP FB Page
Quote:
Since Cyberabad Traffic Police doesn't have a FB page, thought will post here.

Last evening while coming home at Hitec City/Shilparamam junction, the traffic lights were not working. Due to wrong signalling by the traffic policemen (2 of them) sitting there, I crossed the stop line and realised that wanted to signal some other side. Stopped midway and moved to the side so that I don't block traffic. One traffic policeman came. Told him by mistake I jumped the signal. He wanted me to produce my Driving Licence which I did and then when the signal turned green, moved ahead and parked on the side.

The traffic cop came and told me to pay Rs.500 fine. When I shot back that fine for jumping signal is Rs.200 and I will gladly pay the fine through the challan, he started saying that I was not wearing seat belt, which I was.

Please tell me how should one deal with these kind of corrupt cops who give bad name to honest hardworking policemen.
Old 19th July 2012, 07:42   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Excerpts of my post on HTP FB Page

Quote:

Since Cyberabad Traffic Police doesn't have a FB page, thought will post here.

Last evening while coming home at Hitec City/Shilparamam junction, the traffic lights were not working. Due to wrong signalling by the traffic policemen (2 of them) sitting there, I crossed the stop line and realised that wanted to signal some other side. Stopped midway and moved to the side so that I don't block traffic. One traffic policeman came. Told him by mistake I jumped the signal. He wanted me to produce my Driving Licence which I did and then when the signal turned green, moved ahead and parked on the side.

The traffic cop came and told me to pay Rs.500 fine. When I shot back that fine for jumping signal is Rs.200 and I will gladly pay the fine through the challan, he started saying that I was not wearing seat belt, which I was.

Please tell me how should one deal with these kind of corrupt cops who give bad name to honest hardworking policemen.
I am confused (see highlighted parts above). I think what you mean is that the traffic lights were working but the red signal light at your approach was not functional thus giving you an impression that the lights were not working.

By the way, what purpose will it serve if you post a CTP matter to HTP? This is akin to complaining to Canada about a problem in Australia.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:50   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I am confused (see highlighted parts above). I think what you mean is that the traffic lights were working but the red signal light at your approach was not functional thus giving you an impression that the lights were not working.

By the way, what purpose will it serve if you post a CTP matter to HTP? This is akin to complaining to Canada about a problem in Australia.
Well, Queen Elizabeth is the common head of both countries, so one can approach her for issues like these

By the way, there is a move afoot to merge both Hyderabad and Cyberabad commissionerates, and perhaps when that happens, MileCrucher's grievance may be heard!

In such situations, I think it is better to note the name and id number of such corrput officials, because that is the first thing the top guns will ask for.
Old 20th July 2012, 20:21   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I live just off NH9 behind the Hydernagar Indian Oil Petrol Pump. I make the trip from home to my place of work near the SR Nagar Junction everyday via JNTU - Kukatpally - Moosapet Y Junction - SR Nagar. Though during evening hours after 8 the route is jam packed with Volvos and other traffic, the rest of the time I find this route to be far better. Yes, there is dense traffic, but amazingly it moves constantly. Even in peak traffic it takes me around 20 - 25 mins to reach SR Nagar Junction. The metro has also widened or is in the process of widening the entire stretch of the way. So you will find the route better. Just make sure you are not on this stretch between 8 and 10 or else you will be stuck.

- Krishnan
Old 1st August 2012, 00:17   #1227
BANNED

These are the Minimum and Maximum fines to be paid for the respective voilations. Found these pictures attached by HTP on FB so posting it here for all others benefit.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-376823_398050203591391_906073956_n.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-424990_398050173591394_1724816085_n.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-487181_398050253591386_1065600586_n.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-526564_398050266924718_1767321553_n.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-530051_398050146924730_1666620624_n.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-548986_398050303591381_2000264100_n.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-561217_398050230258055_1540355173_n.jpg

Cheers!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 19:57   #1228
Senior - BHPian

I never saw so much traffic on Raj Bhavan Road as I did yesterday (Saturday) and Friday evening. The reason was that the main road between Punjagutta and Khairatabad had caved in on Friday evening.

Today being Sunday, Raj Bhavan Road was normal, but I dread to think what will be the situation tomorrow. I did take a walk to the area near Model House and found the situation to be like this. I am not sure if the road will be ready by tomorrow morning.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-291439_10150982722736596_717959613_o.jpg
Old 12th August 2012, 20:01   #1229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The reason was that the main road between Punjagutta and Khairatabad had caved in on Friday evening.
I was coming from Ameerpet side today afternoon and noticed the route to Panjagutta was closed so had to take a detour to Begumpet and then Raj Bhavan Road to reach home.

Hopefully, this road should be repaired in a couple of days. Till then its best to avoid all surrounding roads as all traffic will be diverted there.
Old 16th August 2012, 10:51   #1230
Team-BHP Support

Bumper to Bumper traffic between the Rai Durgam Police Station till the Quality Inn Turning on account of some road work going on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks