Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 15:42   #1351
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Does anyone know if there is an entry ramp onto the ORR towards Gachibowli from the Financial District area? I did spot an exit ramp on the ORR the other day while driving from Muthangi to Gachibowli.

I am seeking this information because I want to take the fastest route to Ascendas IT Park from the TCS Waverock building near Ista Hotel.
Yes there is.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-fc.jpg

TCS Waverock circled in left on the bottom left.
Black Arrow on the entry ramp towards Gachibowli.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 15:45   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

@bblost----thanks, but I was referring to the entry point from the road from Wipro Circle towards Capgemini.

I am aware of the route you've plotted, but I think the road from Waverock to Nanakramguda is narrow and not very good.
Old 15th November 2012, 15:51   #1353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@bblost----thanks, but I was referring to the entry point from the road from Wipro Circle towards Capgemini.

I am aware of the route you've plotted, but I think the road from Waverock to Nanakramguda is narrow and not very good.
I don't think there are any entry points into the Ring Road apart from this one.

From Gachibowli:
There are entry and exits before the toll booths.

The road then divides.
If you continue towards the Airport then the next entry and exits are at Appa.

I am not sure about the other branch that goes to Patancheru.
Old 15th November 2012, 15:55   #1354
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is an entry ramp onto the ORR towards Gachibowli from the Financial District area? I did spot an exit ramp on the ORR the other day while driving from Muthangi to Gachibowli.

I am seeking this information because I want to take the fastest route to Ascendas IT Park from the TCS Waverock building near Ista Hotel.

Currently, the exit ramp also doubles up as the entry ramp for going towards Gachibowli and Airport.
SDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 16:10   #1355
BHPian

Quote:

Venu Saab, as the entry ramp to the Gachibowli is not ready yet due to a couple of issues, they have made the Financial District Exit Ramp as Gachibowli Entry Ramp too. The road is divided into 2 parts and the left ramp functions as entry ramp for Financial District to Gachibowli, where as Right Ramp functions as exit Ramp from Patencheru to Financial District.

The Ramp highlighted by Imran is from Nanakramguda side, where as the one we are speaking about is on the ORR side.

Last edited by traveloholic : 15th November 2012 at 16:14.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 16:15   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
. The road is divided into 2 parts and the left ramp functions as entry ramp for Financial District to Gachibowli, where as Right Ramp functions as exit Ramp from Patencheru to Financial District.
So does that mean I have to turn right just before the ORR and go up the exit ramp from Patancheru to Gachibowli in the wrong direction, stick to the left and look for a turn to the left that would put me on the ORR to Gachibowli?

And where is the toll booth?

Edit: saw SDK's post just now, which confirms the assumption. Surprisingly I did not get to see his response earlier.

Last edited by vnabhi : 15th November 2012 at 16:38.
Old 15th November 2012, 16:28   #1357
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
So does that mean I have to turn right just before the ORR and go up the exit ramp from Patancheru to Gachibowli in the wrong direction, stick to the left and look for a turn to the left that would put me on the ORR to Gachibowli?

And where is the toll booth?
Yes thats right. You need to go up the exit ramp and turn left on entering the ORR.

The toll booth is at the entry point of the ramp.
SDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 18:00   #1358
BHPian

Both the Toll Booths for Entry and Exit are located beside each other and the lanes are divided with Cones. Just stick to the left lane and take a U-Turn on the ORR. This is their temporary fix for the prolonging Kokapet Entry Ramp work.
Old 15th November 2012, 19:34   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. But I did not get to use that route this evening. My wife finished her class late, so I decided not to return home via Gachibowli.

Instead I took the route patented by mobike008 and neelguy, which runs via Taramati Baradari. The route is only 7 kms longer, but very quick till SD Hospital. From there, it was the usual maddening traffic via Lakdikapul and Khairatabad.

I'll certainly use this route in the morning whenever I need to drop my wife at Waverock.
Old 15th November 2012, 20:40   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Instead I took the route patented by mobike008 and neelguy, which runs via Taramati Baradari.
Venu Saab, I think you were thinking of typing Traveloholic to the list but due to foresight missed it
Old 15th November 2012, 21:55   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Venu Saab, I think you were thinking of typing Traveloholic to the list but due to foresight missed it

Oops, my mistake! I forgot that you had the original copyrights to that route!

My sincere apologies!

I actually used the service road throughout, as Neel had done. Except two stretches of rumblers close to each other, the road was good throughout, all the way till Gandipet Jn, where we turned left onto the bridge towards Narsingi.

Distance update:-

Waverock to ORR underpass: 3 kms

Underpass to Gandipet Jn: 4 kms

Gandipet Jn to Morine Bakery Jn : 10.5 kms

Time taken for this entire stretch of 17.5 kms: 20 minutes of relaxed driving

From that Jn to Somajiguda: 8 kms

This bit took us 25 minutes due to evening bottlenecks.

By the way, is that junction near Morine Bakery called Rethibowli or Tolichowki?

Last edited by vnabhi : 15th November 2012 at 21:57.
Old 16th November 2012, 08:50   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, is that junction near Morine Bakery called Rethibowli or Tolichowki?
I think neither as Rethibowli is the location under the PVNR expressway and Tolichowki starts after the hand statue signal.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 15:27   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think neither as Rethibowli is the location under the PVNR expressway and Tolichowki starts after the hand statue signal.
That junction is called as Nanal Nagar X Roads. The area after Morine Bakery on the left is Nanal Nagar and the area on right is Salarjung Colony.
traveloholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 11:21   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody used the shortcut route from nVidia to Gachibowli? There seems to be a kutcha road for some distance after nVidia and then it seems to be a good road till the entrance to ORR at Nanakramguda.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...5&via=1,2&z=16
Old 21st November 2012, 15:35   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody used the shortcut route from nVidia to Gachibowli? There seems to be a kutcha road for some distance after nVidia and then it seems to be a good road till the entrance to ORR at Nanakramguda.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...5&via=1,2&z=16
Venu Saab, that is not yet fully functional I guess. If you are willing to take the pain of bump-bump-bump, then I guess you can try it. I once took that road and ended up going around through mud-dust and what not to end up at Nanakramguda ORR Exit. I never tried that route again. It was like an Off Roading Track all together. Let me see, if I can do a recce of it on someones bike here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks