Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 07:45   #4291
BHPian

Is it possible to update map ourself? How to know the latest version of map available for w8?
Old 3rd January 2018, 14:23   #4292
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post

1. Any other XUV owners had this issue?
2. What to watch out for while they replace the door. I am a bit worried about losing factory fit, paint quality, etc as it would be done by service centre body shop.
A few pics of the rusted area
Hey Padas, i went through something very similar on the rear right door. The same area around the lock was starting to rust. A.S.S confirmed it is a known issue and they checked other areas as well. Since car was under warranty they did replace the entire door. Paint finish on my silver XUV was very good and I cant tell the difference. I did pay for the black sticker job on the door frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post

I think this issue is due to the stock HU providing more power by default to the speakers, rendering adding an AMP useless. I will test my speaker setup without the AMPs and see if that makes any difference in sound quality.
You can look up on my ICE thread about my experience on the whine. In my case the whine is constant and doesnt change with volume. What I have realized is that it alters with lights on and off. Origin in my view is from the HU and get worse with amp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...gets-iced.html
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 22:43   #4293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
None so far from all that I am reading about XUV niggles. I haven't had this issue anyways.
Well I had this issue very recently in my SEP 2013 XUV500 W8. Which Mahindra replaced without a fuss (of course how can they).

Also, I faced one more issue on my trip to Rajasthan this Dec when the car wouldn't start. Although there was a cranking sound. I got worried as the place was kinda remote in a resort. However, I looked for a cab driver when one suggested it may be a cold coil issue. And then he showed me how to make sure the coil is heated before ignition and as a backup, there is a manual pump in the engine if that also doesn't work.

Was this fuel pump? Actually, also very recently, one of my friends Corolla refused to start when on a road trip in the morning. I tried the same technique, but couldn't find the pump in his petrol driven Corolla. Now the service guys said the fuel pump has gone kaput in his Corolla (8 years old). I have an older Chevy and never had this issue. Now I am worried what's the work around for this (Fuel pump failure)?

Last edited by GTO : 9th January 2018 at 08:54. Reason: Language
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th January 2018, 18:58   #4294
BHPian

I have a peculiar problem with XUV w6 (2014 model).

For last 3 months, I am facing a problem. Randomly the music system would make a "BUMP" sound from speaker and stop playing music. Restarting the car after taking out the key generally fixes the problem. The frequency of these incidents is now once a week.

Since last 1 day, my console is showing only the below image in console. It is not playing any music. Clicking of any button doesn't make any difference.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-console.jpg

Any suggestions? Can it be a weak battery?
XUV is back from service only a week back, and the first problem mentioned in the job card was never attended to...
Old 31st January 2018, 04:00   #4295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post

For last 3 months, I am facing a problem. Randomly the music system would make a "BUMP" sound from speaker and stop playing music. Restarting the car after taking out the key generally fixes the problem. The frequency of these incidents is now once a week.

Since last 1 day, my console is showing only the below image in console. It is not playing any music. Clicking of any button doesn't make any difference.
Attachment 1722276

Any suggestions? Can it be a weak battery?
XUV is back from service only a week back, and the first problem mentioned in the job card was never attended to...
I had exactly the same problem in my car. Not once but twice.

If the car is under warranty, no need to fret. There is a component in the car stereo called Silver Box (Atleast that is how they pronounce it!) that has to be changed.

They will try doing a flash of the ECU but I assure you, it will come back (The problem, that is).

The component is taken out of the stereo and is sent to Nippon for repair or replacement. Usually takes around a week to come back and reinstalled in your car.

Please keep pushing them and it will be replaced! If nothing works, tweet to Anand Mahindra. Always works!!

Good Luck.
Old 15th February 2018, 19:24   #4296
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post

It is a problem of so called silver box, I had it two years ago and had to shell out about 6k to get it replaced out of warranty. Its fine since then.
Problem is peculiar to W6, as informed to me by Nippon guy. But do go to A.S.S and get it replaced through them and not directly with Nippon chaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
With this, I had actually taken this up with the Regional Service Head - and I surely feel that this is between me and Mahindra.
Does this help ?
Hi Jim, you certainly have some problem at your hand, in the current situation, it is going to be extremely difficult for you to assess as to what exactly is wrong with your vehicle and the whole setup I mean A.S.S and et al are going to stick to same story.

Uncommon problems require uncommon solutions, sometimes little unethical, talk to the chief mechanic out there, not the manager but the guy with grease and oil on him. Tell him you want him to repair your car and that too at your place and not at A.S.S, cut out a deal with him and take your car out of that A.S.S and get it repaired off record. The mechanic will bring all necessary tool at your place on a weekend or a holiday. Heavy work if required can be done at the local garage. Not only will the work be more precise and you will get first hand knowledge of the problem. And hopefully much much cheaper too.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th February 2018 at 20:30. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 15th February 2018, 20:13   #4297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
It is a problem of so called silver box, I had it two years ago and had to shell out about 6k to get it replaced out of warranty. Its fine since then.
Problem is peculiar to W6, as informed to me by Nippon guy. But do go to A.S.S and get it replaced through them and not directly with Nippon chaps.
My XUV is out of warranty. Somehow (random behaviour ) the music system has started working again. And I am hoping that probably the problem will go away. Don't want to spend 6K on the car right now
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:49   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Some updates...

For Issue #2, Vacuum Modulator/EGR got replaced under warranty. Along with this, the service guys replaced Air Filter as well. I will have to do a long test drive to find out if this has solved the issue.
A year ago , I had posted about two issues. One with the clutch and other with lack in pickup. Pickup issue was due to vacuum modulator and it got replaced under warranty.

Now, issue 1 started getting worse and as reported by many here , it's premature clutch failure. My vehicle has done 34000 kms . Sireesh Auto as usual denying to cover with under warranty.

I had given them all the references to the post here where Mahindra has honored the warranty. I have also raised a ticket with Mahindra..

Waiting to hear from them..
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:39   #4299
BHPian

Quote:
A year ago , I had posted about two issues. One with the clutch and other with lack in pickup. Pickup issue was due to vacuum modulator and it got replaced under warranty.

Now, issue 1 started getting worse and as reported by many here , it's premature clutch failure. My vehicle has done 34000 kms . Sireesh Auto as usual denying to cover with under warranty.

I had given them all the references to the post here where Mahindra has honored the warranty. I have also raised a ticket with Mahindra..

Waiting to hear from them..
Mahindra is not willing to get this changed under warranty. They are offering 25% discount on parts and labor.

Totally disappointed with their approach. My previous car's clutch was changed at 1.07 lakhs kilometers. And all of a sudden, they are starting to held me accountable for this issue and pin pointing to my driving style.

I have also asked them to refer to my ecosense score to know about my driving.

Can you guys please let me know if you have changed the slave cylinder under warranty? I know couple of them had changed. Is there anyone else in our community? Aritra , the Mahindra customer care area manager is challenging me that this is never an issue with XUV and he doesn't believe in people reporting here.

I need to show this thread and tell them that the fact even if I don't get it covered under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1519398564004.jpg  

Old 6th March 2018, 17:54   #4300
BHPian

Hi...I am a new XUV owner and I was wondering what is wrong with the tiretronic sensor. I got a low pressure warning in one tyre and then I had the pressure check and topped up. The sensor still shows low pressure and now the other tyre which never had any trouble is showing low pressure. My guess is that the tire sensor have gone bad as I checked the tyre pressure at two different places and it was about the same. So why won't the sensor reset ? Any clues or suggestions would help. By the way my XUV is just a month old.
Old 6th March 2018, 18:07   #4301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I got a low pressure warning in one tyre and then I had the pressure check and topped up.
Congrats on your new car.
The issue may be due to sensor going kaput. However, to be sure, do go through a 'tyre learning' process once. You can find the video on YouTube incase you are not familiar with procedure. This will help you in identifying the issue. If you have a sensor issue, learning will not be completed and during check of problematic tyre it will exit the procedure.

Quote:
Sireesh Auto as usual denying to cover with under warranty.
From your location, I am guessing you are from Bangalore. If so, do get the vehicle checked at Chrome Adugodi also. Many XUV owners in Bangalore have positive feedback from them.

However, what was the issue you were facing since past one year related to clutch ? You were noticing any difference in the way vehicle was responding?
Old 7th March 2018, 07:42   #4302
BHPian

I am getting a jerk sometimes on inclines and I am told it could be because of fly wheel. My car is 2012 w8 and has clocked 52k Kms. What is the expected life of clutch assembly? Anything that I can check myself?

Last edited by avimal : 7th March 2018 at 07:43.
Old 7th March 2018, 22:21   #4303
BHPian

I am facing same problem in my 2015W6 that has done 60k. I have an additional question, if the clutch assembly is to be changed, is that covered in extended warranty?
Old 8th March 2018, 09:21   #4304
Distinguished - BHPian

Clutch wearing out is part of general wear and tear and mostly attributed to driving style. So not part of any warranty. Exceptional cases such as happening this within unreasonable time of ownership may be debated. In my experience I have seen some folks using clutch and accelerator together - half clutch and full accelerator on steep climbs/ basement ramps etc for more than 2-3 minutes and seen the smoke. Around 50K Kms or so and 3-4 years is good amount of time when the repeated use of half clutch + accelerator can be a cause of premature clutch wear - especially in b2b traffic.
Old 9th March 2018, 00:09   #4305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

From your location, I am guessing you are from Bangalore. If so, do get the vehicle checked at Chrome Adugodi also. Many XUV owners in Bangalore have positive feedback from them.

However, what was the issue you were facing since past one year related to clutch ? You were noticing any difference in the way vehicle was responding?
Engine jerking a low gears during bumper-bumper traffic was the problem i was facing for sometime. Culprit was the clutch. Its all sorted out now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks