Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:15   #3856
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSteer View Post
NCB can be transferred when you buy new car (means new insurance). I am not sure whether you can interchange NCBs between two insurance you have (if that is your question).

If you are buying new insurance for Civic, your Alto's NCB can be transferred. Ofcourse, Alto's insurance will restart with 0% NCB.

Your NCB will accrue as you renew the policy without claims. It will accrue with each vehicle policy independently.
The last I knew /heard about this was you have to sell your car for its NCB to be transferred to another one.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:10   #3857
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
The last I knew /heard about this was you have to sell your car for its NCB to be transferred to another one.
Not necessarily. You have to move it out of the policy to a new one (as I did) and then take the NCB certificate which is a valid for three years! I did it with my Civic which I bought two years after putting my Accent off the policy.

One minor point, if you go from a M800 to a Veyron then the insurer may decline to honour the NCB! A major upgrade in terms of performance will mean that the insurer may or may not honour the MCB.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 21:02   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
That is what unknown insurer/dealer will say. I had 3 month long fight with Honda dealer and their HondaAssure partner (BharatiAXA) over this NCB transfer. Finally I put my foot down and asked them to cancel the policy if they cannot honor NCB. I went back to National Ins where my Santro insurance was and got NCB transferred from Santro to Civic.
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:33   #3859
BANNED

I also had a lot of noise from the Dealer (maybe Honda Assure as well) in the Civic. Told them that I will go back to New India.They then honoured it. Had no issues on the Brio, same dealer and he knew what was coming. The Royal Sundaram chap tried to wiggle out of the excess, but then the SM got it.
Old 3rd November 2012, 21:17   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys,

I am having a peculiar problem with my Civic.( i am not even sure if it can be called a problem).After a longish drive especially with the a/c on i have noticed water droplets getting formed on the lower side of the passenger carpet area.The mentioned space gets kind of wet but only on the lower region and the water does flow or something on the upper side.

Is this normal for the lower carpet area to be wet after a drive ? I haven't noticed the driver side area but will take a look today and see if i can find similiar wetness.

thanks
Took my car to my trusted garage at Joe's to check out the water collecting problem.At first joe pointed out that the water was draining properly by switching on the a/c and checking under the hood.We could see the water dripping from under the hood.The car was jacked up and Joe found some amount of clogging which he freed up.Had taken the car for a 100Km drive today to Vasai for a appointment and upon returning decided to check the mats for leakage.Found that it was not wet as before and was quite dry.The problem seems to have been soved for now.
Old 4th November 2012, 13:05   #3861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Took my car to my trusted garage at Joe's to check out the water collecting problem.At first joe pointed out that the water was draining properly by switching on the a/c and checking under the hood.We could see the water dripping from under the hood.The car was jacked up and Joe found some amount of clogging which he freed up.Had taken the car for a 100Km drive today to Vasai for a appointment and upon returning decided to check the mats for leakage.Found that it was not wet as before and was quite dry.The problem seems to have been soved for now.
Got back from a drive and checked under the carpet.Found some wetness again but the amount has reduced.So the problem persists unfortunately but to a lesser extent.As per Joe there could be some corrosion due to which the water is forming but since Joe said that it won't cause problems for the a/c i think i may overlook the same.
Old 5th November 2012, 00:17   #3862
BHPian

@sumeet

DO NOT overlook it, if its corrosion get it attended when its in initial stage cause if it penetrates deeper levels of paint primer and metal it will spread and thats not a good thing as in long run will dent your pocket BIG time.
Old 5th November 2012, 07:23   #3863
Senior - BHPian

Is there any possible way to have an aux input for the civic's music system? I have a 2006 civic which has a CD/aux button but no input.
Old 5th November 2012, 07:57   #3864
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic Aux port

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club - I can also say 2007 club
Aux is nothing great, just connect a headphone out of some device to it, not worth the trouble. Say - play your ipod and connect its head phone out to the aux in.
Do all the civic models have an Aux port? Even the 1.8 MT 2006 model?
Old 6th November 2012, 14:14   #3865
BHPian

My Civic just completed her 45K servicing at Whitefield Honda (Bangalore).

However, during my last weekend drive to Madras, I noticed that after about 1.5 hours of AC use, there was practically nothing coming out of the AC vents even if the setting is set at 'Lo' (T < 18 deg. C).

When I switch OFF the AC for about 15 minutes, and start it again, it works perfectly well for the next 90 minutes or so, before again giving nothing out of the AC vents.

Not sure what could be wrong...did anyone else face this issue? What could be wrong?

I must add that after the 90 minute usage, by the time there's nothing coming out of the vents, I hear a distinct raised noise from the engine (as if it is straining hard).

Any clue / help / direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning to send my car to the HASS (once again) this coming Friday, to check this out.
Old 6th November 2012, 20:33   #3866
BHPian

Exactly. My Civic too gives this 'straining', to be specific 'engine Grinding' kind of noise after 100 kms on the highway at a stretch. In daily driving its just not there. What could this be specially when the car just got serviced and had all oils and filter's changed. Its a typical rubbing hinges / grinding etc. kind of noise as if car is in Pain.
Old 6th November 2012, 20:38   #3867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Exactly. My Civic too gives this 'straining', to be specific 'engine Grinding' kind of noise after 100 kms on the highway at a stretch. In daily driving its just not there. What could this be specially when the car just got serviced and had all oils and filter's changed. Its a typical rubbing hinges / grinding etc. kind of noise as if car is in Pain.
Exactly, in my car the sound is coming from the dashboard near the area where the audio volume control is located. I can reproduce the noise by turning the key to the second position so that the fuel gauge etc lights up. Its like "Krrrrrrrrrrrrr..." and then it stops. Also it would last for like 3 seconds... Not sure what it is though... The same noise would come when I have stopped and about to switch off the car..
Old 6th November 2012, 22:59   #3868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammycoolster View Post
... The same noise would come when I have stopped and about to switch off the car..
Could it be just the radiator-fan switching on?
(this fan switches itself on/off automatically)
Old 7th November 2012, 10:20   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
...Any clue / help / direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning to send my car to the HASS (once again) this coming Friday, to check this out.
I am also curious to know about this issue. Please update us once you have been to the HASS.

I faced it at the end of a BLR-CHN run a couple of weeks ago. The car had been running continuously for about 2.5 hrs with AC (Chittoor-Chennai). Then the AC seemed to give up. But, we had reached home by then, and I just let it go. It works flawlessly after that during shorter runs, and have not got an opportunity to go on a long run again.

The same had happened couple of years ago in our Alto as well, but that was after about 10 hrs driving in hot sun. Again, it continued working flawlessly afterwards.

Maybe there is some sort of overload controller, which switches off the AC compressor when overloaded (though I wouldn't consider a 2.5 hrs run with AC fully on as overload condition) ???
Old 7th November 2012, 10:32   #3870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Maybe there is some sort of overload controller, which switches off the AC compressor when overloaded (though I wouldn't consider a 2.5 hrs run with AC fully on as overload condition) ???
Not sure if this has something to do with my driving speed; or, it was raining when I drove - did that lead to some dirt in the suction ?

Will know only when I send the car to the HASS on Friday. Will update.
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks