Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2020, 19:42   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
@Leoshashi . I have a question regarding the Transmission Oil replacement interval for XL6/Ertiga 1.5 Petrol. I have gone through the Owners Manual, and could not find a mention on at what KM, the transmission oil needs to be replaced. For Manual Transaxle Oil, it just mention to inspect every 10K. On my 2007 wagonR, transmission oil replacement interval was mentioned at 20K, and on later Marutis, it was at 40K. Since the replacement interval is not mentioned anywhere, does this means it should last for lifetime of the car? I am about to give my car for 24 Months service and only that needs to be replaced is Engine Oil, Coolant, Clutch and Brake fluids.
Yes for newer MT Maruti's, its 10 years or 1.6Lac kms IIRC. They call it lifetime fluid and costs a bomb during replacement.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200924_164000.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200924_164004.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200924_164014.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 01:31   #317
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guys, I'm very happy to report that I have managed to fix all squeaks and rattles from my XL6's dashboard, even the minor ones.
I purchased a XL6 Zeta manual in nexa blue colour. Delivered on 26th December. Did around 600 kms in the 5 days hence.

My kids and better half are very happy with the comfort provided by the car. I would be equally happy except for two things.

The performance is little bit below my expectations, especially the mid range. On the positive side, it's a very good cruiser - for those who prefer to drive that way.

The other thing that I am unhappy about is the rattles from the dashboard. It's silent when tackling good smooth roads, but starts rattling on bad roads. It's not a whole lot of rattling, but yet it's a bit disappointing on a new car.

@leoshashi and others -I dont think I have the stomach to open up the dashboard like you have done. My best bet is to ask the service center folks to try to fix the rattles - but I suspect they may not do anything about it. What do you suggest? Live with the rattles? Get the service center guys to fix it? Or some other solution you can suggest?
PYSO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:12   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
I purchased a XL6 Zeta manual in nexa blue colour. Delivered on 26th December. Did around 600 kms in the 5 days hence.

My kids and better half are very happy with the comfort provided by the car. I would be equally happy except for two things.

The performance is little bit below my expectations, especially the mid range. On the positive side, it's a very good cruiser - for those who prefer to drive that way.

The other thing that I am unhappy about is the rattles from the dashboard. It's silent when tackling good smooth roads, but starts rattling on bad roads. It's not a whole lot of rattling, but yet it's a bit disappointing on a new car.

@leoshashi and others -I dont think I have the stomach to open up the dashboard like you have done. My best bet is to ask the service center folks to try to fix the rattles - but I suspect they may not do anything about it. What do you suggest? Live with the rattles? Get the service center guys to fix it? Or some other solution you can suggest?
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Its indeed a great car except the rattling dashboard part. My advice- Don't allow the service guys to touch it unless you know them personally. They'll make it worse/damage other things in the process. DIY is always advised and if needed, I'm there to help you out. If you go ahead with service center option, make sure you have sourced the recommended stuff. The Butyl is working great in my car till now. I have been on atrocious roads still it has never creaked, even once.

Another option is getting Ertiga base model's center ornament, getting it coated in the pattern you wish, with Hydrographic printing and installing it. Benefit: If you closely observe the center dash ornament of Ertiga and XL6, XL6 has a second silver layer on top of the stone finish. That is held by screws and has a decent rattle potential. This is why you will hardly see any Ertiga owner complaining about the consistent rattles which we guys face. Head Unit bezel creak is common in both the cars though.

I'm not someone who'd advise you to live with the rattles, because I myself couldn't. If you are absolutely averse to the idea of opening it yourself, the only way left is to crank the volume up and enjoy the drive.

Regarding performance in mid range, don't worry about it yet. Let the engine open up and you'll realise it's true potential after 3000 kilometers. I have also adapted my driving style, such that the Li Ion battery always has some juice. Without it's boost, the midrange is indeed a bit sluggish.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 17:56   #319
BANNED

Quote:
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Its indeed a great car except the rattling dashboard part. My advice- Don't allow the service guys to touch it unless you know them personally. They'll make it worse/damage other things in the process. DIY is always advised and if needed, I'm there to help you out. If you go ahead with service center option, make sure you have sourced the recommended stuff. The Butyl is working great in my car till now. I have been on atrocious roads still it has never creaked, even once.

Another option is getting Ertiga base model's center ornament, getting it coated in the pattern you wish, with Hydrographic printing and installing it. Benefit: If you closely observe the center dash ornament of Ertiga and XL6, XL6 has a second silver layer on top of the stone finish. That is held by screws and has a decent rattle potential. This is why you will hardly see any Ertiga owner complaining about the consistent rattles which we guys face. Head Unit bezel creak is common in both the cars though.

I'm not someone who'd advise you to live with the rattles, because I myself couldn't. If you are absolutely averse to the idea of opening it yourself, the only way left is to crank the volume up and enjoy the drive.

Regarding performance in mid range, don't worry about it yet. Let the engine open up and you'll realise it's true potential after 3000 kilometers. I have also adapted my driving style, such that the Li Ion battery always has some juice. Without it's boost, the midrange is indeed a bit sluggish.

Regards,
Shashi

After living with the car for a week, I have to agree with you on all the points you have made.

It's an excellent car, that is under-appreciated by the market. I will post a review here after driving around 2000 kms with the car.

Yes, I am afraid that the service center guys will mess up if they open the dashboard to remove the rattles. Let me see if I can find the time and muster the courage to open up the dashboard myself. Will wait for a few months by when the new car feeling would have faded a bit.

Agree on the mild hybrid assist. I did a fair amount of hill driving in the last few days. It was wonderful how the Lithium battery would get charged on downward slopes and then give a boost on the upward slopes. I will take your suggestion to modify my driving behaviour to take maximum advantage of this.

I also got fantastic fuel efficiency in the first 600 kms. 17 kmpl is what the MID shows with about 40% City, 40% hill, 20% Highway driving.

Only today I read the user manual and noticed that it says not to exert the engine at high rpms for the first 960 kms. Well, sadly I did break that rule already, quite a bit. I was under the mistaken impression that modern engines come after running in from the factory.
PYSO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:31   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
After living with the car for a week, I have to agree with you on all the points you have made.

It's an excellent car, that is under-appreciated by the market. I will post a review here after driving around 2000 kms with the car.
My thread is all yours Eagerly awaiting for pics too.

Quote:

Yes, I am afraid that the service center guys will mess up if they open the dashboard to remove the rattles. Let me see if I can find the time and muster the courage to open up the dashboard myself. Will wait for a few months by when the new car feeling would have faded a bit.
Feel free to contact me in case of any doubt.

Quote:
I also got fantastic fuel efficiency in the first 600 kms. 17 kmpl is what the MID shows with about 40% City, 40% hill, 20% Highway driving.
Awesome

Quote:
Only today I read the user manual and noticed that it says not to exert the engine at high rpms for the first 960 kms. Well, sadly I did break that rule already, quite a bit. I was under the mistaken impression that modern engines come after running in from the factory.
Don't worry, by 1000 kms I had already touched the revv limiter twice. Smooth NA Petrols are so addictive.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 10:57   #321
Senior - BHPian

Dear Shashi,
I have a query which I believe only you can answer.

Are the leather seats provided in the XL6 Alpha trim made from 'real' leather?

I did not find any information in the user manual or the brochure for that matter.

Regards,
Old 14th January 2021, 12:19   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Dear Shashi,
I have a query which I believe only you can answer.

Are the leather seats provided in the XL6 Alpha trim made from 'real' leather?

I did not find any information in the user manual or the brochure for that matter.

Regards,
They are a mix of pure as well as artificial leather. The entire seat cover is made of different sections, some are genuine leather while others are man-made. Had read this in one of their brochures. That's standard for all MSIL cars with "Leather upholstery".

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 10:34   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, did a mod about which I am super happy and proud at the same time. The best part:
Hope you guys liked this!

Regards,
Shashi
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-engineguard_swift1.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-engineguard_swift2.jpg

Installed this on my Swift (2019) and it fits like a glove. Had to order the part beforehand. Around ~2k including labour. Got it fitted during the annual service.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:51   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Installed this on my Swift (2019) and it fits like a glove. Had to order the part beforehand. Around ~2k including labour. Got it fitted during the annual service.
Congratulations. Looks awesome. I also noticed much cleaner engine bay after installation of this guard. IMO all cars should get this, at least all the 3rd Gen Swift owners should!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 07:45   #325
BHPian

These seem perfect! Will consider installing on my car.
Is there some special care that needs to be taken after installing? Given all the warning TPMS logos.
Also those seem really heavy and there are additional weights as well to balance the wheel, so do you think it will affect the fuel economy of the car?
White Aviator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 22:00   #326

Hello Shashi, How is your experience with Nexa purchased Mats?

I got two kids 4 and 2 yr old respectively and bit scared with the mats and maintenance.

I'm expecting delivery of my XL6 this week and would like to take a decision about the mats in the early days of the delivery.
nextgearthiru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 22:39   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Aviator View Post
These seem perfect! Will consider installing on my car.
Is there some special care that needs to be taken after installing? Given all the warning TPMS logos.
Also those seem really heavy and there are additional weights as well to balance the wheel, so do you think it will affect the fuel economy of the car?
No precaution or adverse effect of the product. Very happy with it. Infact Toyota has started offering the very same TPMS in their accessories range now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextgearthiru View Post
Hello Shashi, How is your experience with Nexa purchased Mats?

I got two kids 4 and 2 yr old respectively and bit scared with the mats and maintenance.

I'm expecting delivery of my XL6 this week and would like to take a decision about the mats in the early days of the delivery.
Never go for NEXA carpet mats. They are a pain to maintain and have very short life. The place where we rest our heel has no reinforcement as such, and driver side mat of first set is already worn in my car, revealing ugly foam.

If you are opting for Nexa Mats, get rubber ones. Or if you are going for something from aftermarket, opt for one which has some kind of rubber or metal reinforcement around heel resting area.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 00:12   #328
BANNED

Quote:

If you are opting for Nexa Mats, get rubber ones. Or if you are going for something from aftermarket, opt for one which has some kind of rubber or metal reinforcement around heel resting area.

Regards,
Shashi
@leoshashi, are TPU mats available from Nexa? I managed to get the cargo tray at delivery, but not sure if similar material mats are there for the seats. Is the rubber mats you mentioned the same? Part number please. Thanks.

Cheers
Old 21st January 2021, 01:19   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
@leoshashi, are TPU mats available from Nexa? I managed to get the cargo tray at delivery, but not sure if similar material mats are there for the seats. Is the rubber mats you mentioned the same? Part number please. Thanks.

Cheers
Part Number: 75901M72SA0
Price: Rs. 2590
Pic:
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img20200711wa0030.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 08:13   #330
BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Hi LeoShashi,

Any update on the damping?
I have been excitedly waiting on it ever since you've mentioned it in the beginning. Can't even imagine what kind of silence you'll get to enjoy in the already quiet petrol. It's going to be luxury car like!

All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks