Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2018, 21:06   #256
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Primacy 4 not available in 205/60-16 yet and even if I waited the price would have been a few hundred more. I got these tyres before the price increase as well so saved a little more. They are priced at ~7,700 per tyre + new valves + alignment and balancing. Final price will be lower after discount.
Today i went to a Michelin dealer in Pune to get alignment+balancing done and asked for Primacy 4 availability for 205/60/R16 size. He said available at 7.5k each. Alignment balancing free with set of 4 tyres. My MRFs are holding strong at 63K km. Maybe will change them after 5k or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, however I do not see this size "205/50/r17" available in this brand.
Which ones should I go for considering the recommended size is not available.

Also I don't want to face any issues by putting some size which is not even suited for my Ford EcoSport.
Not many options are there for the R17 Ecosport size. You can refer this thread for more info:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...17-size-6.html (Ford EcoSport Facelift: Tyre bulging issue (R17 size))
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 14:08   #257
BHPian

I have a 2015 Trend version, that came with the 15 Inch Rims. I'm unable to source a 15 Inch Ecosport alloy, Would the new Freestyle (15") ones be a direct fit for the Ecosport?

They both have the same 108 PCD i assume. Would it be a direct fit?
Old 14th May 2019, 17:36   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
I have a 2015 Trend version, that came with the 15 Inch Rims. I'm unable to source a 15 Inch Ecosport alloy, Would the new Freestyle (15") ones be a direct fit for the Ecosport?

They both have the same 108 PCD i assume. Would it be a direct fit?
Why don’t you get a nice set of alloys?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th May 2019 at 08:59. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags. Please elaborate your response instead of typing a one liner. Thanks.
Old 20th May 2019, 08:57   #259
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Re-posting my question that I raised last year regarding the alternate tyre options available for the stock Bridgstone Ecopia R17 currently fitted on my Ford EcoSport.

The exact size is "205/50/r17".
Do we have any alternate brands with better quality tyres in the above size available now?
Which ones should I go for. Need some expert opinion and suggestions.
Old 8th June 2019, 14:59   #260

Hi, Can anyone help me on priority.

I have a 2015 Ecosport TDCI which I brought pre-worshiped with odo at 19000 kms last June, the cars odometer is now standing at 48xxx kms, with approx running of 29k a year.

My daily travel to and fro to office is from Kandivali to Mahape Navi-mumbai with 40% of bad roads. coupled with several official trips to Pune and Ahmedabad.

Last Friday after I came from Pune I noticed my front left tyre had lost some pressure.
upon checking found this huge crack on the sidewall.

These are OEM supplied Goodyear's and the threads are almost to the level of the Tyre wear indicator.

I have shortlisted three Tyre's.

1. Yokohama Blueearth AE50 (Made in Japan)
The Yokohama dealer in thane has a fresh stock of 2019 make.
2. Michelin Primacy 4ST
3. Yokohama Earth1 (Made in India)

I am looking for very minimal road noise with a strong side wall as my daily travel of 85 kms route is Kandivali-JVLR- Airoli- Mahape and return Mahape- Mumbra- Thane- Kandivali.
Since 40% of roads are in worst condition would prefer to have a good side wall.

I am not able to decide between the Blue earth and P4ST

Can anyone shed some light and guide me to the correct one, both are in stock at Thane's main dealers, I would be going tomorrow to swap my current GY's.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8971.jpg  

Old 8th June 2019, 23:58   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi View Post
Hi, Can anyone help me on priority.

I have a 2015 Ecosport TDCI which I brought pre-worshiped with odo at 19000 kms last June, the cars odometer is now standing at 48xxx kms, with approx running of 29k a year.

My daily travel to and fro to office is from Kandivali to Mahape Navi-mumbai with 40% of bad roads. coupled with several official trips to Pune and Ahmedabad.

Last Friday after I came from Pune I noticed my front left tyre had lost some pressure.
upon checking found this huge crack on the sidewall.

These are OEM supplied Goodyear's and the threads are almost to the level of the Tyre wear indicator.

I have shortlisted three Tyre's.

1. Yokohama Blueearth AE50 (Made in Japan)
The Yokohama dealer in thane has a fresh stock of 2019 make.
2. Michelin Primacy 4ST
3. Yokohama Earth1 (Made in India)

I am looking for very minimal road noise with a strong side wall as my daily travel of 85 kms route is Kandivali-JVLR- Airoli- Mahape and return Mahape- Mumbra- Thane- Kandivali.
Since 40% of roads are in worst condition would prefer to have a good side wall.

I am not able to decide between the Blue earth and P4ST

Can anyone shed some light and guide me to the correct one, both are in stock at Thane's main dealers, I would be going tomorrow to swap my current GY's.

Thanks,

I got ae 50 for my fluidic verna on tuesday ,hardly done 30 kms. These tyres are very soft , in a different league than stock bridgestones . Better u go with michelins since you drive more. P4ST has stiffer sidewalls. Dealer told me these tyres get pinched i.e. develop a bubble if one is not careful on bad roads. PSI has been increased from 32 to 34 by me since the sidewall flexes more than bridgestones.
M124 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 00:10   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
I got ae 50 for my fluidic verna on tuesday ,hardly done 30 kms. These tyres are very soft , in a different league than stock bridgestones . Better u go with michelins since you drive more. P4ST has stiffer sidewalls. Dealer told me these tyres get pinched i.e. develop a bubble if one is not careful on bad roads. PSI has been increased from 32 to 34 by me since the sidewall flexes more than bridgestones.
Thanks M124 for this input so the AE50's would not suit for Ecosport and given the worsened road conditions of Mumbai. Does AE50 have a tendency to form a bulge if there is a sudden pothole ? If yes then I am definitely opting for Primacy 4 ST, hope it has a stiffer side wall and a better resistance to puncture as maximum punctures on my GY's were due to the industrial area where my office is with metal scrapings and nails over the road.

Thanks,
Old 9th June 2019, 00:31   #263
BHPian

U should consider earth1 if u have a high probability of punctures.
Old 9th June 2019, 20:46   #264

So finally decided on the Michelin primacy 4 ST, I swapped the factory GY from Premji's at Thane.

I have used Michelin on my earlier Swift and was very satisfied with the comfort and silent ride they offered.

We reached Premji's by 10.30 am and the new tyres were fitted in a hours time with the alignment and balancing and Nitrogen filled at 33psi in all tyres.

I drove with the new set for 100+ kms on the first day itself with varying road quality my route- thane (Premji's)- kandivali- Vasai- kandivali.

Initial impressions,
-Very silent you can only hear the engine noise inside the cabin.
-A little bouncy on sudden potholes or sudden irregularity on road at speeds more then 60kmph.
-Super grip over the corner's, This combo reminded me of my swift over the Ghodbunder ghat.
-Braking has improved, Stops right on the spot,with the earlier GY's I had the ABS kick in a way to often.
- On speeds over 80kmph the car now feels more planted.
- I can feel a very very minimal loss of pickup this might be because of the rolling resistance by the new tyres or might be just a placebo effect as i read it on the Primacy 4 thread on Tbhp.

Overall very satisfied with the ride quality and comfort will recheck the Tyre pressure at my regular nitrogen filling station.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8987.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8985.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8989.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8990.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8997.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8995.jpg  

Moto_Guzzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 21:20   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
For those who aren't happy with the Ecosport's ride quality and want taller profile tyre there is just one option. The Goodyear Assurance Triple max in 205/65-16.

The Stock size is 205/60 so this is 5% taller and will help ride quality.

Other option is to stick to OE size and get a softer tyre like Michelin P3ST or Conti MC5.

Swap with spare tyre ASAP.

And get the tyre changed when you get time.
Will changing the aspect ratio on the 16 inch wheel from 60 to 65 cause any issues if the width remains same at 205
Old 12th June 2019, 09:02   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Will changing the aspect ratio on the 16 inch wheel from 60 to 65 cause any issues if the width remains same at 205
No major issues. Only thing is marginally less sharpness in steering when cornering really really hard since the sidewall flex will be more. To even realise that you would have to drive both back to back very spirited across turns.

It's a very safe upsize with improved ride quality.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 12:26   #267
BHPian

Has anybody considered using pirelli P6 cint 205/60 R16 tyres in ES and it will be great I'd somebody can share feedback if used.
Old 15th June 2019, 02:44   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi View Post
So finally decided on the Michelin primacy 4 ST, I swapped the factory GY from Premji's at Thane.
Nice Do you mind sharing the cost also ?
Old 17th June 2019, 10:47   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Nice Do you mind sharing the cost also ?
I got these for INR 7575.00 per Tyre, with alignment and balancing with new valves, plus a Michelin sipper water bottle as a gift

I usually travel regularly to Pune if you want to have a look at these or take a drive let me know, Although I guess you cannot DM me as I am a newbie.

Thanks,
Moto_Guzzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:27   #270
BHPian

After 5.5 years of stock Goodyears, finally the time had come to get her some new shoes. A sudden rise in the frequency of punctures and some cracks on the tyres meant it was time.

Chose Michelin Primacy 4 ST in stock size (205/60 R16) after much research.
Went to Madhu's this weekend for the tyres and installation, this was my first visit there. All the tyres had 2019 as the MFG date.

While driving back home, I felt the Bangalore roads to be much smoother .
Need to do more drives to write some real reviews.

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2.jpg

Hunter Roadforce:
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-3.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20190622_173723.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-4.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-5.jpg

Hunter in action :
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-6.jpg

The free USPA backpack by Michelin.
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-7.jpg

Goodyears with multiple punctures :
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20190622_170810.jpg

Also, got the AC gas refill based on Vid's post earlier.
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20190622_173043.jpg
aquarian1502 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed